Dynadot

Domain sold on Afternic, problem with transfer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
One of my domains was sold on Afternic last week, and now I don't know how to proceed.
I received 3 emails: one from Godaddy ("GoDaddy received a request", etc.), one from Afternic ("Great news, we have successfully approved funds for...), and one from dnescrow ("This is a courtesy notification. As the domain owner, you will receive a detailed email outlining the steps needed to transfer this domain to the buyer.")

The problem: Afternic has absolutely not provided any explanation how to proceed. I logged into my Afternic account, I clicked on the sold domain, and I see the following screen:

2iwag43.png

The domain is at Dotster, and I don't see this registrar (or any other domain.com company) on the list.
If I choose other, I see the following message:

"The domain transfer has been initiated and may take up to 4-5 days to be completed. If you have not transferred the domain or an error occurred, go back to previous step."

I cannot even understand wtf does this message mean. Who should transfer the domain? Me? But to whom? What should I do? I've sent a message to the TA agent, but no-one replied. I don't even know if anyone received my message. What should I do?

Thank you in advance! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How long ago did the domain sell?The buyer will transfer the domain. Wait for the transfer information request and then proceed. At some point, you'll have to provide the auth code so that the buyer can initiate the transfer

•••
How long ago did the domain sell?The buyer will transfer the domain. Wait for the transfer information request and then proceed. At some point, you'll have to provide the auth code so that the buyer can initiate the transfer

Thanks for replying so fast :)

I received the emails on Friday. The buyer will transfer the domain, okay, but based on what information? To whom should I send the auth code? It seems that Afternic changed their old system to something new and worse. And the TA agent doesn't seem to reply to any message :(

•••
You'll have to wait. Give it a day or two. Delays due to weekend perhaps

•••
You'll have to wait. Give it a day or two. Delays due to weekend perhaps
You're right, I must overthink this :) I just don't want to get an email that "sorry, the buyer lost interest, you didn't transfer the name" :D

•••
They take some time to initiate the transfer. Maximum 3 days. You cant see the sent messages. But they will receive it.

Last edited:
•••
You're right, I must overthink this :) I just don't want to get an email that "sorry, the buyer lost interest, you didn't transfer the name" :D

Since Afternic has confirmed receipt of funds, I think you're past that situation. Here's how I presume it happened: Buyer purchased and paid afternic on Friday. Funds hit Afternic by Monday (alternately, they were able to confirm receipt of funds by Monday) and sent a confirmation to the buyer as well as asking them to initiate a transfer or request for a transfer key (I don't exactly remember right now). So just wait for another couple of days

•••
Everytime ive sold a domain on afternic ive had to provide the auth code to afternic and then afternic transfer it into their escrow account and then they push it to the buyers account.

Its not the most user friendly for transfers, either their fast transfer didnt work on some domains i had it enabled on.

•••
When a name changes from one registrar to another registrar it always takes longer to complete the transaction and get the domain. The buyer will understand.

Relax! and congratulations!

•••
I am facing exactly the same problem with my first sale. Can you please guide me what happens next? My domain is registered at namesilo. When I click on Get account.., the next page only shows afternic escrow account name.

•••
I am also experiencing the same situation as you. I do not know how to solve it

Last edited:
•••
If the registrar you are using is not in the list, then:

Choose "other registrar" from the list. Or was it "send auth code." Click Select Account information &etc"

Now unlock the domain in your registrar, and take AUTH code.
And now "MEssage TA agent" and paste the Following : Here is the auth code for the domain : authcode
Start transfer ASAP. Thanks.

Afternic will start transfer to his registrar.

Thats it.

its not rocket science you know.

•••
Same problem I am facing. Domain is at namebright.com and I see only user id as: "dnescrowafternic and no email id. for domain push.

•••
•••
Its simple. Say your domain is registered at namesilo. Then aftternic will share the username of their account in namesilo. You will only need to push your domain to that username.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back