IT.COM

advice Domain sold at both Afternic and Sedo.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

medomain

Established Member
Impact
What do I do in this case? A domain is sold on auction at Sedo and BIN at Afternic. The afternic sale is two times more than sedo. Any suggestion what to do now?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Once one my domain was sold on Sedo, few months after it expired. That was many years ago, when i only occasionally did a domaining and barely had any idea. I showed Sedo that the domain had expired, apologized, and went from that without any sanctions. Felt sorry for the buyer's nerves and time.

•••
@IMEZI I am certainly not willing loss my Sedo account. How about losing my Afternic account? I am really torn.
Where is it registered? If it’s at GoDaddy you might be forced to use afternic because they can pull the name from your account.

Yes, the domain is registered at Goddady.

•••
if you were willing to loose your sedo account then go for afternic

you won't lose your account just pay the fees

•••
What do I do in this case? A domain is sold on auction at Sedo and BIN at Afternic. The afternic sale is two times more than sedo. Any suggestion what to do now?

Where is the buyer came from ? Is the buyer from China ?:facepalm:

•••
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
How does one pay the fees? call them to calculate the fees and how does it work?

Is this the same buyer on both places? If not, I'd be p!ssed that I wasn't getting the name I paid for.

•••
If you put it on action at sedo you have to cancel all other listings. It will make you a problem if you will not sell it to the winner.

•••
At sedo if a game is sold you have a legal agreement with buyer.
If you do not give the name, buyer can take legal actions against seller as the cases someone buys a domain and does not pay and seller can take legal actions (Even if i think none does - just reminding sedo TOS)

•••
•••
You need to try and find out who the buyer was - it maybe the same person.
How do i find out who the buyer is? I could only see on sedo that the buyer is from USA but nothing on Afternic.

•••
How do i find out who the buyer is? I could only see on sedo that the buyer is from USA but nothing on Afternic.

That's a good question. Especially without letting them know what's going on. Someone here must have an idea?

•••
If Fast Transfer is active on Afternic, won't that automatically take over and there is no choice? Perhaps Fast Transfer was not active though.

Yes, this thread is a reminder to us all to never list BIN two places simultaneously, or have an Auction + BIN two places.

I hope it works out for you without too much stress!

•••
Where are all the guys who say names don't sell on 2 or more platforms at once :xf.laugh:

•••
thats why you should delete your sedo account.
At sedo if a game is sold you have a legal agreement with buyer.
If you do not give the name, buyer can take legal actions against seller as the cases someone buys a domain and does not pay and seller can take legal actions (Even if i think none does - just reminding sedo TOS)

•••
This is why you only use BIN at one place. As a buyer I always have to worry about these scenarios.
LOL ..... the problem is choosing the best sales platform! Perhaps redirect the name to the one you choose.

•••
I hate being in this situation. Sedo is always out for blood. If you dont sell there they will close your account if you dont pay thier commision and thats it.

On the other side afternic is easier to dealt with they will let you slide. But if your opt in to the dls and the domain transfers before you sell at sedo your kinda of screwed

•••
Pay penalty commission to Sedo and sell the domain to Afternic. Make sure the penalty commission you pay for Sedo is less than the extra amount you are getting by selling to Afternic.

•••
Integrity matters. that's it.

•••
•••
I had a similar problem back in the Chinese CHIP days. I had 4L CHIP.com. 1 buyer really wanted it an clicked BIN on Sedo, Afternic and Go Dady premium. Of course GD won because of instant transfer. Through my self at the mercy of Afternic and Sedo. They both canceled with no money. I could never understand why they would pay for the same name 3 times. Only thought I had was there were just buying any CHIP they saw and didn't know they were buying same names.

•••
Doesn't afternic use fast transfer and automatically transfer the name to buyer and pay you?
You may not have a choice...

•••
Doesn't afternic use fast transfer and automatically transfer the name to buyer and pay you?

Not all names are in Fast Track. Depends on if the registrar is on the program and if the seller opted into fast track.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back