NameSilo

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Question: Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

Answer: No idea, more information required.

•••
•••
Question: Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

Answer: No idea, more information required.

Exactly. One would expect that an article purporting to expose a crime would actually do that. But what do we find? A long list of complaints that by the end of article leads the author to conclude that Adam is broke. As far as I know, being broke is not a crime.

So, once again, what's the crime being alleged?

•••
I think an opinion piece and analysis of the DNF college program would have been a valuable wake up call, both for Adam and the DNF college participants. There is obviously a disconnect between what Adam and DNF college wants to be and what DNF college actually delivers. However, I think Shane's blog entry does itself a disservice by including wide ranging allegations about employees and a veiled chat conversation about Adam's departure from Domain Sherpa. They may be accurate but they are only isolated parts of a bigger story that we have no idea about and therefore their value is questionable.

Adam admits he's made some mistakes. It appears he has made some poor business decisions and has taken advantage of his position with new domainers . That's not something I respect but it's also nothing new. That kind of a business tactic is repeated many times, daily, all over the Internet. I think Adam will correct his DNF program now and learn from the experience.

I think Shane believes he is doing the right thing but I also hope his methods for fulfilling his goals will mature over time. As others have pointed out, the use of the word 'criminal' is clearly inappropriate and will likely lead to a lawsuit that will benefit no one.

From a bigger perspective I'd like to point out that we Americans (along with the help of Internet/Media) love to build people up and then tear them down. We seem to enjoy both equally and it's not a healthy habit. Let's not repeat ourselves here. Our industry needs to solidify, rather than degrade due to in-house controversy. I hope we can clean this up quickly and move forward.

Peace!

Last edited:
•••
Well, this thread ranks No. 1 on Google when searching "Adam Dicker criminal"

•••
From a bigger perspective I'd like to point out that we Americans (along with the help of Internet/Media) love to build people up and then tear them down. We seem to enjoy both equally and it's not a healthy habit.

This is probably one of the most accurate things ever posted on namepros, and it definitely rings true about the domaining community even more so than some others. We have created many giants whether they are businesses or people only to completely obliterate them months or years later (or at least try to)...

•••
As Adam has noted, there is no relationship.

It might be hard to believe but I do have friends and they have been hurt by him in multiple ways.

OK, so you have friends who have been hurt by him. Wouldnt the best way to resolve the hurt is to assist the friends in obtaining a professional and/or legal resolution?

This is like using a flamethrower when a match was all that was necessary.

•••
OK, so you have friends who have been hurt by him. Wouldnt the best way to resolve the hurt is to assist the friends in obtaining a professional and/or legal resolution?

This is like using a flamethrower when a match was all that was necessary.

I was fresh out of matches and had a flamethrower sitting idly by.

•••
when you're somebody, nobody second guesses you

when you're nobody, everybody second guesses you

but everybody should question anybody,
whether you're a nobody or a somebody
and they are a somebody or a nobody
you shouldn't be guessing...

:)

imo...

•••

its easy to rank on google if you posted on forum..
But i dont see shane blog rank with that keywords. May be tomorrow.

•••
I recently purchased a name evalution packge with Adam a little while ago and he seemed genuinely like a nice person.. it was through Skype. Got the excel sheet but never got the working link to the skype video though which I was entitled to (despite sending some emails). Also about 4-5 names he really liked maybe for himself or was going to try to broker.. never got an answer back..

- there is the fact that in the recent videos on DomainSherpa Adam is no longer in them. I would think to demistify all this it would make sense if Adam went on Domainherpa and maybe gave a short explanation on this (if details can't be mentioned because of litigation)
- the mention of perhaps overly promising or embellishing something may be true (sort of had that experience)
- also @Shane, on your blog it says Planets.com & AvatarS.com, but in the texts right under in italics it says Planets and Avatar.com (singular version), dont know if that effects the validity of the argument there or it's a typo.

•••
•••
when you're somebody, nobody second guesses you

when you're nobody, everybody second guesses you

but everybody should question anybody,
whether you're a nobody or a somebody
and they are a somebody or a nobody
you shouldn't be guessing...

:)

imo...
In first responder emergency, they prefer not to use "it will be ok" when responding to an incident.
I think I can't say that here. OK not be OK. It's Okay.

•••
I recently purchased a name evalution packge with Adam a little while ago and he seemed genuinely like a nice person.. it was through Skype. Got the excel sheet but never got the working link to the skype video though which I was entitled to (despite sending some emails). Also about 4-5 names he really liked maybe for himself or was going to try to broker.. never got an answer back..

- there is the fact that in the recent videos on DomainSherpa Adam is no longer in them. I would think to demistify all this it would make sense if Adam went on Domainherpa and maybe gave a short explanation on this (if details can't be mentioned because of litigation)
- the mention of perhaps overly promising or embellishing something may be true (sort of had that experience)
- also @Shane, on your blog it says Planets.com & AvatarS.com, but in the texts right under in italics it says Planets and Avatar.com (singular version), dont know if that effects the validity of the argument there or it's a typo.

Typo. Thanks. I'll fix it when I get home.

•••
. As far as I know, being broke is not a crime.

Actually it can be if you continue trading when you are insolvent, at least in the UK. If your business has reached the point where it has no possibility of paying its debts, you are required to stop trading or you are breaking the law.

No idea of the real facts here, but thanks to those posting info.

•••
As a neutral observer, is it too early to point out that the number of people to step up on this thread and claim that they are a victim of Adam Dicker's alleged predatory practices currently stands at a big fat zero?

Where are all the people who feel like they've been defrauded? The named victim count currently stands at nil.

To be a crime there has to be a victim. Who's the victim?

Last edited:
•••
Whatever happened to "Thou shall not make enemies in the industry thy work in."

It's funny how some people's first instinct is to kill the messenger. Question the legitimacy and demand proof, then kill the messenger on how and where he got the proof.

I'm still not understanding the timing? Why now? It does suggest as for personal gain for promoting your website. However, that doesn't make sense because for my understanding Adam is in the business of destroying other's website rankings. Unless you're not that bright. Is the timing because Adam just won an award for "Developer of the Year" at the domain conference? Does motive matter even matter? Is it a distraction from the facts?

I am an objective person and also like to hear the other side's story:
There are parts that are true and parts that are simply untrue. Your source sent me an email saying that I had Until October 5th to pay a certain amount or they would release info they THOUGHT were true.

The things you posted that were not true makes you libel.

There is definitely another side to this story.

I have made mistakes no question about it and I plan on staying in front of them.

Adam Dicker

However, when the other side's response is "there are parts that are true and parts that are simply untrue." and does not name specifics, it just leaves it up to everyone to believe the whole story is factual except for some minor part like that you are broke. People tend to believe the worst if you let them. Why leave it up to everyone's imagination. What is the point of posting a response if it is not a defense. Blackmailing only works when there are facts and you have something to hide. Is the motive behind not clarifying all the accusations is so that this thread will build up and you can use it as evidence in your lawsuit of how your character/business has been damaged and will sustain losses?

I'm actually confused by both parties and think they are both imploding. DNF should have been sold a year ago, instead of letting it go downhill. If most of the work of your businesses are outsourced, I don't see why it would be so difficult to meet one's obligations. Why Shane is choosing to use a double-edged sword to attack people in the industry is beyond me. It's not the what he's doing, but the how.

When one side responds by sicking a lawyer on the other, and the other side is in the I don't give a bleep mindset, it's pure entertainment. Now how long do we have to wait for the next installment?

•••
I just gotta say, adam and michael do not know when to end a conversation. They said bye about 10 times

•••

That mostly underscores the fact that nobody else has ever alleged that he was a criminal.

•••
When one side responds by sicking a lawyer on the other, and the other side is in the I don't give a bleep mindset, it's pure entertainment. Now how long do we have to wait for the next installment?

Great entertainment, its a standoff now. One of the following will happen:
  1. Shane Bellone will be issuing a humble public apology, which means Dicker's lawyers have been in touch and he has a case.
  2. Nothing will happen, Dicker won't actually contact lawyers, which will imply he is guilty of all that is claimed and Shane will be vindicated.
One of them is going to seriously lose face, there's no middle ground scenario that I can see. Have to hand it to Shane, he's ruffling some feathers and making this place very fun.

The winner here is namepros, they should give Shane stock options.

•••
Nothing will happen, Dicker won't actually contact lawyers, which will imply he is guilty of all that is claimed and Shane will be vindicated.

I don't agree that doing nothing implies guilt. Lawyers are expensive so I think that most people in Adam's position would weigh the cost of doing nothing vs the cost of pursuing a case where they'd possibly not be able to collect anything even if they won.

•••
•••
Great entertainment, its a standoff now. One of the following will happen:
  1. Shane Bellone will be issuing a humble public apology, which means Dicker's lawyers have been in touch and he has a case.
  2. Nothing will happen, Dicker won't actually contact lawyers, which will imply he is guilty of all that is claimed and Shane will be vindicated.
One of them is going to seriously lose face, there's no middle ground scenario that I can see. Have to hand it to Shane, he's ruffling some feathers and making this place very fun.

The winner here is namepros, they should give Shane stock options.

Both scenarios will come at a financial cost $$$
If Shane is sitting back just waiting to be served he's a fool.
If Adam doesn't obtain a lawyer he's basically admitting guilt.
And strictly quoting Shanes own words that he made 70k in his once glorified Flippa days that won't last very long at all.
Heck I can get anyone to spend that in court for divulging insider trading in 3 days.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back