Dynadot

Domain Sherpa VS Domain King. About to Fight?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TRY

StrongPunch.comTop Member
Impact
In a nutshell Domain Sherpa (Michael Cyger) removed all the video interviews of Rick schwartz (domain king) and Michael berkens (Thedomain) from the site.
Rick and Mike are very upset and want answers, but domain Sherpa hasn't responded to them except for a tweet in the middle of Rick's Twitter post leaving a strange comment and an advertisement, crazy.

I feel bad for Rick and Mike since they spent years donating their time, experience, and knowledge to the show.

Rick says he is getting Angry!

Anyways it's all on Rick's Twitter.

Why do you think the videos were removed?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Everybody is just guess saying! No one really know what is happening between them. I just hope MC will comeup one day and say the real thing behind all these hullaballoon.

•••
Read a few more posts in this thread

Many of us would not be domain name investors if it wasn't for at least one of the people currently at the centre of this situation

To be fair as I see it

Mr cygar is only acting to a situation that affected the videos which were on the website which had to be removed due the alleged activities of another contributor which affected both the content of the website and the other contributors who are also in the videos in question

Obviously this will annoy the other contributors on these videos enough to seek legal recompense and or for the videos in question to be edited and thus re added etc

•••
If I give a domain for free to someone, should I bully him/her in public because the domain was not renewed?
Same goes for making videos, picurest, websites etc.

•••
Many will have watched ad videos on YouTube etc just as many watch domain sherpa videos and Rick's tweets are extremely valuable to new domain name investors as you can't buy experience but you can learn the industry when Rick tweets domain based info using decades of experience etc

Ironic tho as domainers with websites now use socialmedia and YouTube etc shouldn't they be using websites via domain names?

Nothing stopping Rick Michael and someone like Mike or Frank or even an np member chosen at random to discuss their experience as a domain name investor investor in short 10 min YouTube videos etc

•••
Cyger doesn't even return an email if you are not a paying customer apparently. Sent him three with questions and ZERO replies.

Not true.
He's answered multiple questions for me and other people in the industry without any kind of payment.

I genuinely think he's a great guy with a great show. I also think that most NamePros members feel the same way.

Shame to see all of this, but @DomainSherpa is a great learning tool for thousands of people and I'm sure it will continue to be.

•••
If someone offers to volunteer for a service and that service was appreciated at that time, why ask for that service after about a year? If it's volunteer than it is supposed not to ask something back.
Lots of articles are written all over the internet and brought down at some point, imagine all the writers bullying for this.

I used to invest a lot more time into writing about domain legal issues on forums than I do now, for precisely this reason. I had put many hours into case notes and other resources on Rick's board, to the extent that I would actually use Rick's board to recover notes I had written about domain cases in the course of preparing UDRP responses. Easily hundreds of hours.

Then one day, Rick decided to take the board down, and all of the content I had written was no longer accessible.

Oh well, that's how these things go.

The moral of the story seems to be not to accept volunteer efforts from people who are inclined to threaten you over some non-existent duty to enshrine it forever.

•••
they are both with sin. that's the reason

•••
It does seem strange to me why Michael took the entire show edition(s) down, rather than just edit the Dicker segments out. If that was his intention, all along. He could have added some content back to the beginning of each show stating why he removed the Dicker content out. A double whammy, IMHO.

•••
Kinda a case study in why ya don't build your business on facebook, twitter or someone else's site and should build on your own domain name as then you have complete control over your content and nobody can close the doors, change their terms or remove work that ya put effort into for any reason even if the reason may be justified.

Would expect the advertisers in the videos to be more upset than Schwartz and Berkens as less views for them if the videos are removed. Don't know the full details so I'll refrain from any personal opinion.

•••
Obviously this will annoy the other contributors on these videos enough to seek legal recompense and or for the videos in question to be edited and thus re added etc
Why? This was volunteer work and not a commercial contracting job to seek recompense!

•••
Kinda a case study in why ya don't build your business on facebook, twitter or someone else's site and should build on your own domain name as then you have complete control over your content

This can, in a slightly extreme case, be extended to the registrar, the hosting provider, the ISP and so on.. The domain might suffer a UDRP decision, the registrar might go out of business (RegisterFly), you might be faced with ICE or similar action, hosting provider fails or goes out of business or suffers a massive data loss attack and so on and on...

I intensely dislike FB and twitter due to their walled garden approach but imo, the argument is not entirely valid (imo)

nobody can close the doors, change their terms or remove work that ya put effort into for any reason even if the reason may be justified.

Not really. See - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violet_Blue#vb.ly_URL_shortener for an example. At some point of using ANY service (and you WILL use a service provided by someone at some point to access and use the Internet), you are beholden to them and their TnC or in some cases, whims and fancies.

•••
I intensely dislike FB and twitter due to their walled garden approach but imo, the argument is not entirely valid (imo)
At some point of using ANY service (and you WILL use a service provided by someone at some point to access and use the Internet), you are beholden to them and their TnC or in some cases, whims and fancies.

Wrong.

Right now, my facebook account is "suspended ; read only" for 30 days, for the 2nd time.

What did I do? Facebook ignores all questions, claiming it was a 'violation of TOS' but they can't even name which part of their TOS was violated. They did point to a post in each case, and here they are.

Case #1: I posted a warning that a "dog rescue" in rural Georgia was using facebook to run a scam which was pulling in (at that time) at least a $1,000 per month using stolen photos and fake sob stories. The operation was run by a convicted felon and animal hoarder who was caught with over 140 dogs in a small house, most sick or injured, most NOT spayed/neutered, and 50 more dead in a hole in the back yard. I provided 4 formal complaints by firefighters who responded to a fire there, and a court order demanding the surviving dogs be removed and they STOP soliciting funds. Facebook ignored all of this, and the scam continues on facebook to this day, about 4 years later.

Case #2: I posted direct quotes from Donald Trump, statements made about his desire to have sex with his daughter, made on camera and broadcast on public TV many times. This apparently upset a Trump supporter, and a facebook employee.

If I used facebook for business I would be absolutely SCREWED. Facebook doesn't care about anything but their bottom line, and they don't care what's fair or accurate. But, it's a private system and I have no recourse.

If I paid a web host and they pulled this crap, I will be able to sue the #^$&^$ out of them. THAT is the difference.

•••
Wrong.

Right now, my facebook account is "suspended ; read only" for 30 days, for the 2nd time.

What did I do? Facebook ignores all questions, claiming it was a 'violation of TOS' but they can't even name which part of their TOS was violated. They did point to a post in each case, and here they are.

Case #1: I posted a warning that a "dog rescue" in rural Georgia was using facebook to run a scam which was pulling in (at that time) at least a $1,000 per month using stolen photos and fake sob stories. The operation was run by a convicted felon and animal hoarder who was caught with over 140 dogs in a small house, most sick or injured, most NOT spayed/neutered, and 50 more dead in a hole in the back yard. I provided 4 formal complaints by firefighters who responded to a fire there, and a court order demanding the surviving dogs be removed and they STOP soliciting funds. Facebook ignored all of this, and the scam continues on facebook to this day, about 4 years later.

Case #2: I posted direct quotes from Donald Trump, statements made about his desire to have sex with his daughter, made on camera and broadcast on public TV many times. This apparently upset a Trump supporter, and a facebook employee.

If I used facebook for business I would be absolutely SCREWED. Facebook doesn't care about anything but their bottom line, and they don't care what's fair or accurate. But, it's a private system and I have no recourse.

If I paid a web host and they pulled this crap, I will be able to sue the #^$&^$ out of them. THAT is the difference.

so in this comparison Cyger is FB and Rick is you? And since Cygers blog is private he can do whatever he wants with the content and time donated by Rick? I hope if you had a biz FB account you wouldnt make posts about dog rescues that are scams and sex comments about the current president...#commonsense

Last edited:
•••
I used to invest a lot more time into writing about domain legal issues on forums than I do now, for precisely this reason. I had put many hours into case notes and other resources on Rick's board, to the extent that I would actually use Rick's board to recover notes I had written about domain cases in the course of preparing UDRP responses. Easily hundreds of hours.

Then one day, Rick decided to take the board down, and all of the content I had written was no longer accessible.

Oh well, that's how these things go.

The moral of the story seems to be not to accept volunteer efforts from people who are inclined to threaten you over some non-existent duty to enshrine it forever.
I'd love for @Rick Schwartz to respond to this one. Complaining about a website owner removing your contributed content, but forgetting that you as a website owner have done the exact same thing. Wow!

•••
so in this comparison Cyger is FB and Rick is you? And since Cygers blog is private he can do whatever he wants with the content and time donated by Rick? I hope if you had a biz FB account you wouldnt make posts about dog rescues that are scams and sex comments about the current president...#commonsense

I'm making the point that facebook (and any other social media) has no problem ignoring their own TOS, and can do so without recourse.

Facebook literally advertises to personal account holders that they should created groups and business pages using their personal accounts, in fact 'business accounts' are prohibited.

A hosting company is a very different matter. I absolutely WOULD go after them in court.

•••
•••
•••
Wrong.

How is my comment wrong? I never said FB does not suspend/ban accounts. My comment is still correct.

Actually, they have a clause in their TnC that they are not obligated to provide a reason. They might, or they might not. I agree it is shitty but it is what it is.

Good luck with that. They have their TnCs and can always come up with a creative reason on why the suspension/ban is justified. Google it and you'll see a number of horror stories. Heck, google GoDaddy hosting sucks and you'll get tons of results. I believe there are a few cases here on NP too. Go ahead and sue GD and see what you make of it. Unless you are a multi-millionaire or represent a large org, it might not be worth the time and cost to sue.

Edit: To add further, web hosting will not be the only service that you'll be using. Like I said, you never know which one of the various services in use by you cooks up a violation or a reason to block/ban you

Last edited:
•••
How is my comment wrong? I never said FB does not suspend/ban accounts. My comment is still correct.

Actually, they have a clause in their TnC that they are not obligated to provide a reason. They might, or they might not. I agree it is sh*tty but it is what it is.

Good luck with that. They have their TnCs and can always come up with a creative reason on why the suspension/ban is justified. Google it and you'll see a number of horror stories. Heck, google GoDaddy hosting sucks and you'll get tons of results. I believe there are a few cases here on NP too. Go ahead and sue GD and see what you make of it. Unless you are a multi-millionaire or represent a large org, it might not be worth the time and cost to sue.

Edit: To add further, web hosting will not be the only service that you'll be using. Like I said, you never know which one of the various services in use by you cooks up a violation or a reason to block/ban you

It's obvious that you've never been involved in a business lawsuit. If they shut me down for my political views or to protect a criminal enterprise, I get to go after them for both civil rights violations AND all losses to potential income.... and I get to smear their reputation on social media and mainstream media costing them millions. And yes, it's been done plenty of times before.

•••
Is this a battle between Rick Schwartz & Michael Berkens versus Michael Cyger & Adam Dicker?

•••
if somebody doesn't react to my phone calls emails or whatever contact issues
the first thing I would be worried about

is he ill?
did he have an injury of some kind?

maybe he has some family issues
and right now he really doen't care less about internet communications?

is he dead?

not everything that seems to happen to me
is really personally

all these are very valid reasons to stay silent

it's the core right of a human to stay silent
even in criminal investigations
and even in court

and being loud
doesn't make it more right or better for anybody

I have learned a lot from Rick
still do
but this time I will ignore him
for my souls health

so

this is all gossip

gossip doesn't help you with your business

--

unless its

Last edited:
•••
Forgive me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure I am about to hit a nail bang on.
Beware the quiet ones right?

Wasn't it Mr. Michael Cyger who released private messages to Mr. Shane Bellone without admitting it?
Who after doing so loaded the gun for Mr. Shane Bellone to pull the trigger and air all the dirty laundry on Mr. Adam Dicker? While in the process also exposing flippa and his own misdeeds?

During that time Mr. Michael Cyger who stayed quiet (too quiet) distanced himself from everyone. That told me a whole lot right there about his character. It should have acted as an alarm bell for others too. After all you ARE judged by the company you keep.

Noobs don't waste your time #boycott #domainsherpa

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back