IT.COM

offers Domain selling - offer received

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomDev

Impact
Dear all,

Please advise me. Few weeks back I had received an offer ($XXX) for one of my domains (2 word dictionary .COM , aged). I didn't respond to that immediately. Recently I followed up with the broker (reputed) who offered earlier. After checking with client he said they reduced their initial offer by 20%. Not sure if he/client is trying to negotiate to come to their initial offer as my asking price was around 50% more than what client initially offered.

I am OK to go by their very initial offer. What should I do? I know it is up to me and completely personal choice. Without knowing domain name and/or offers you folks may not be able to suggest however from your experience if I turn back on the last offer and say I am OK with their initial offer , would that be OK or that would be a disaster? How do I better negotiate here. If it was you in my place what you would have done?
Based on my experience on these communication to me it looks like client is not super interested (or they made like that?)

Thank you

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They may have gotten a bit hesitant because you took so long to respond. When it comes to selling / negotiating the first impression matters.

Anyway, without knowing the name it's hard to tell. If you think there may be quite some other end-users that would be a good fit for the domain I'd counter just a bit above their initial offer and risk losing the sale.

If they're one of the few I'd go for their first offer minus that 20% if that's not an unreasonable amount and still gives you a good ROI.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back