Dynadot

Domain purchase inquiry

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Galaxy Traveller

Established Member
Impact
Some people want to purchase domain. They asked for price and disappear without any negotiation. Who are they?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The technical domainer term for them is "time wasters". :)

•••
They are better than some buyers(so called resellers) here.

•••
•••
They are called "low ballers" who try to get domains for throwaway prices in the name of "reseller price" :-P

•••
It happened many times. Sometimes I think, is my asking price is high enough? but Namebio suggest value of similar domain is more than my asking price.

My asking price also contain a note of negotiation possibility.

•••
They could also be people that got sticker shock when the price was quoted. So if it happens to you consistently you should review your portfolio and ask yourself if you are pricing at a reasonable rate.

That said, it is part of the industry if you don't advertise price, people are bound to ask how much.

•••
Problem is if I not ask, I will not get the price. If people ask price and negotiate, no problem but instead of negotiate they just disappear in thin air/web.

•••
Good terms mentioned just wanted to add - Domain window shoppers =-D One thing I want to mentioned which has resulted in some great sales, when someone is an inbound lead and they send you an offer or ask about domain pricing make sure you follow up with them consistently on a monthly basis.

Keep in mind they have shown interest and even though the sale was not made right there on the first interaction there is no reason why you wont be able to close the deal later on by following up.

- Will

•••
Some people want to purchase domain. They asked for price and disappear without any negotiation. Who are they?
They work for domain companies, they are fishing, taking names, numbers, notes, they choose to hide under disposable domains aka [email protected] who I hear works for a domain agent company hint hint

•••
They work for domain companies, they are fishing, taking names, numbers, notes, they choose to hide under disposable domains aka [email protected] who I hear works for a domain agent company hint hint

I got email from him for one of my coin domain and when i asked his details he disappeared.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back