IT.COM

Domain Purchase and Listing Question

NameSilo
Watch

Relevant Domain

Established Member
Impact
Let me set the stage...

I purchase a new domain and it's locked for 60 days. Go it. I can't transfer it until the 60 day lock is released.

However, I was listening to a podcast and one of the guests stated that he lists his newly purchased domains for sale immediately on Dan, Afternic, and Sedo.

Anyone else do this? If so, what do you do if your domain actually sells within the 60 day time period?

Now you feel smart for answering my uber-newbie question...haha, thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not all registrars implement the 60 day lock. You're also able to "push" the domain to another account at the registrar during the 60 day lock (if they implement it).

•••
Not all registrars implement the 60 day lock. You're also able to "push" the domain to another account at the registrar during the 60 day lock (if they implement it).
I thought that it was locked due to ICANN? Hope I'm not sounding too naive.

I am familiar with transferring it to someone at the same registrar, just wondering of that is an option if you were to list it at Dan for instance? Just wondering how the scenario would play out if the domain actually sells through Dan but its within the 60 day period and the domain needs to be transferred?

Ugh, sorry, the questions are starting to flow quicker than the answers. Thanks.

•••
I thought that it was locked due to ICANN? Hope I'm not sounding too naive.

I am familiar with transferring it to someone at the same registrar, just wondering of that is an option if you were to list it at Dan for instance? Just wondering how the scenario would play out if the domain actually sells through Dan but its within the 60 day period and the domain needs to be transferred?

Ugh, sorry, the questions are starting to flow quicker than the answers. Thanks.
It would probably depend on whether the marketplace has their own escrow accounts at the holding registrar but I'm not certain on that. The 60 day lock I believe is not set in stone but a guideline although I can't remember the last time I regged a new name so I'm sure there are more qualified members to answer your questions than me but what I've said is what I'm led to believe.

•••
•••
Why putting the cart before the horse?
List the domain first. If anyone becomes interested, then you start thinking. Not before.

Last edited:
•••
yes, and you can mention this in the description section that i know sedo and dan.com offer.

•••
•••
Read this. (Link)
For newly regged names only option is to push it as Hynes suggested. For transferred names it varies with registrar.
Thanks for citing the article. It was helpful.

•••
I am new , can anyone tell i baught a domain from go daddy now can i sell it on dan ?

•••
I am new , can anyone tell i baught a domain from go daddy now can i sell it on dan ?

There is a 60-day waiting period before you can transfer it to another registrar. You can list it for sale on GoDaddy marketplace as the domain can be transferred to another GoDaddy account. Hope this is helpful.

•••
i have listed on afternic two days back . how can i sell it faster suggest any way .
what things i have to do now.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back