IT.COM

Question about Afternic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RegFeed

Established Member
Impact
I have searched all the help documents and read the entire TOS on Afternic but haven't been able to figure out this question.

If I purchase a new domain, do I have to wait 60 days to be able to list it on Afternic? If not - what happens if a domain sells and it still have, say, over a month left until it is available to transfer?

I'm sorry if this question has been answered already, I did thoroughly search NP but couldn't seem to find a direct answer. Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
If selling a domain too fast is your concern then that's a good problem to have :)

Also, I'm not saying to do this but to possibly get around the 60 day window, register the domain at godaddy and request to push the domain if it sells...

•••
If selling a domain too fast is your concern then that's a good problem to have :)

Also, I'm not saying to do this but to possibly get around the 60 day window, register the domain at godaddy and request to push the domain if it sells...
Thanks for the suggestion with the hosting, I wish godaddy wasn't 2x as expensive to renew as most other registrars or I'd have all my domains there. But I guess that's one of the tradeoffs that comes with using them.

My main concern was whether or not I will get in any sort of trouble with Afternic by having my listings live before I'm able to transfer them. I have 400 domains that fit this criteria so I am debating between leaving them live and seeing what happens if one sells or pulling them all until it is closer to the end of the time window. Would you suggest the latter?

Thanks again for the response!

•••
A month ago I sold a domain on Afternic with a 60 day lock (about 40 days left before unlock). They asked me to push it at their registrar account. If the buyer is not ok to wait until lock expires, I guess the deal is off and they return the money.

•••
As a domainer I have a lot of worries but selling a domain fast is not one of them.

•••
As a domainer I have a lot of worries but selling a domain fast is not one of them.
Yeah I don't anticipate that I will, but just wanted to be prepared in the unlikely event that it happens.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back