NameSilo

guide Domain Portfolio Orginization

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ali

Top Member
Starfire Holdings
Impact
Will you be a boss, switch over to your spreadsheet and start naming off domain names? Do you ask them what kind of domain they are seeking? If so? Can you sort your domains by their wants and needs? What if they ask you for a 2 word .com with more than 10,000 searches a month that is aged at least 10 years… what do you do?

Watch the full video here.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ali, thanks )

Anyone knows easy way to upload spreadsheet to sedo?

there spreadsheet is awful, everything has to still be done manually pretty much. Also how do you go around price limit of $10,000 there?

No idea. I find it rather frustrating that you can't(properly) upload a CSV into Sedo.

•••
If you are going to develop a manager check what @Doron Vermaat has done.

•••
•••
Great tips Ali.
I also use a spreadsheet to manage my domains.
One easy to set and useful column I have is "days to expire".
I use the following formula:

=H1-TODAY()

H= date expiry
This way, it's easy to track renewals simply sorting by this column.

•••
That depends. If you check the box that says "reconcile portfolio" it will replace your current portfolio with whatever you upload. However, if you don't check the box, it will only upload domains that are not yet uploaded. That's to the best of my knowledge, perhaps @Joe Styler can answer that better!
You want to use reconcile portfolio if you want to start over with the new list you are sending up. I will delete everything else you have listed. So if you have 500 names for sale and upload another 50 using the reconcile it will erase the 500 and only list the 50.
If you have 500 names listed and want to list 50 new names and update pricing on 100 of the 500 already listed you can just put the 150 names on one list and upload without clicking the reconcile, it will list the 50 new names and update the other 100 and not touch the remaining names you already have listed. Hope that helps.

•••
You want to use reconcile portfolio if you want to start over with the new list you are sending up. I will delete everything else you have listed. So if you have 500 names for sale and upload another 50 using the reconcile it will erase the 500 and only list the 50.
If you have 500 names listed and want to list 50 new names and update pricing on 100 of the 500 already listed you can just put the 150 names on one list and upload without clicking the reconcile, it will list the 50 new names and update the other 100 and not touch the remaining names you already have listed. Hope that helps.

Perfect. Thats what I thought it was like, but I learned the hard way by deleting my listings accidentally :) Thanks for the clarification!

•••
Thanks for the video! I found it good to see how another manages their spread.

You spurred me into action to reformat mine.

Cheers

•••
Thanks for the video! I found it good to see how another manages their spread.

You spurred me into action to reformat mine.

Cheers
Thanks.

This is an update of what it's looking like now (minus prices of course):
Screen Shot 2016-04-10 at 10.53.10 AM.png

•••
thanks for tips man.

Imo might be worth noting there is a real good online domain manager for your every registrar domains.. at uniregistry website.

their prices are just okay so is all else.. but the manager I find real nice.. with easy excel export feature. it came in handy for me and I recommend! for a basic dn management online!!
Can you have public URL that will show all your domains and also has the ability to sort them?

•••
Can you have public URL that will show all your domains and also has the ability to sort them?

For Afternic or Google Sheets?

I would create a sheet specific for your buyers, and then you can add them to it. And Afternic, I believe will be Afternic.com/username

•••

nope
but it is a brilliant idea whcih I have alreadyu forwarded to their support staff

it'd be great. let's hope for best and expect worst

•••
nope
but it is a brilliant idea whcih I have alreadyu forwarded to their support staff

it'd be great. let's hope for best and expect worst

See above comment. www.Afternic.com/username

Although, it doesn't look to be sortable.

But the catch is, you have to go to Account > Privacy Options > Show My Domain Listings
Screen Shot 2016-04-10 at 11.37.05 AM.png

•••
•••
Thanks.

This is an update of what it's looking like now (minus prices of course):
Show attachment 28214

I great tip you gave me was to freeze an extra row at the top to use for totals. I've always put them at the bottom. It's actually a really good idea. Thank you for that. :lookaround:

•••
I am more into development than most at NP which means I have a lot of text associated with my domains. I am finding Scrivener to a wonderful tool. It is marketed as a tool for writers, but if you read their manuals substituting domain for chapter it works well.

Wow, never even thought about using it that way.

Thanks!

•••
oops.. he quoted me so I thought he was talking about what I tlked about.. which is unireg.

he'll resolve our mystery soon no doubt

cheers ;)

Ha! I didn't even see his quote. Here I go, thinking it's all about me again... ;)

•••
It's interesting that you have domains for 10 years expiration. such a long term business plan which is good but also not sure if that is really necessary. I mean if you would have 1000 domains multiply by $80 for 10 years renewal makes 80k payment in advance.

•••
It's interesting that you have domains for 10 years expiration. such a long term business plan which is good but also not sure if that is really necessary. I mean if you would have 1000 domains multiply by $80 for 10 years renewal makes 80k payment in advance.

I believe Ali only does this for domains he wants to hold long term in order to get the best price down the road when their value will be greater and he can get the best price.

I think he is doing this with a VR domain he has, as an example.

I do not think he is doing this with that many domains, only the ones he believes have the best value later on.

•••
I believe Ali only does this for domains he wants to hold long term in order to get the best price down the road when their value will be greater and he can get the best price.

I think he is doing this with a VR domain he has as an example.
Yup, I am only doing it for domains I have zero intention of selling in the wholesale aftermarket. Long term, retirement plan domains only.

It's a psychological thing for me. Knowing I have them for 10 years makes it easier to say no to lower end offers. You know? At least in my head it does. And I can relax knowing if anything ever happens to me, my family has 10 years to figure out how to use my GoDaddy account! lol ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back