NameSilo

Domain Parking: Tips & Tricks to Help You Earn More!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

smurge

The journey is never endingVIP Member
Impact
And so it begins!:wave:

My goal is to help people learn more about the parking industry and help them earn more money while spending less of it.

There are tons of tricks,tips,secrets that people use to make money in this business.

Let me say this, I will not discuss illegal or bad practices here so please don't ask.

What will I talk about? How to find domains,with traffic for cheap. Creating long term wealth for yourself and how to do it on a budget. I will answer questions and talk about what I know. If there is something I'm not familiar with or not knowledgeable about I will say so.

I am not here to start flaming wars with other domainers or parking gurus. Everyone has their own set of rules to making money. If you don't like mine, that's okay , but please share your ideas with everyone instead of bashing others.

Myths I want to debunk now:

#1. Parking is dead. (Far from it)

#2. You can't make money doing it. (B.S.- you can make a ton of money in it)

#3. Only the rich can do this. (This is not true!)

#4. Google doesn't like domain parking! (Yes they do, they make a ton of money off it. If they hated it so much why do they continue to support it?)

----

So what's the point of all this? It's to help people with parking.

Please feel free to email,pm, or post your questions here and I will do my best to answer them all.

Thanks!

RJ

(P.S. I'm not the best writer so I apologize for any grammar or sentence structure mistakes in advance.)

--Answers to Questions I'm frequently asked!--

#1. What parking companies do I support/like?

These are the main ones I use and have had great success with. I base my success not only on the amount of money I make but also, customer service and transparency.

In alphabetical order:

- Bodis.com (Supports Foreign Traffic)(Zero Click Model Supported)
- Domainsponsor.com (Supports Foreign Traffic) (Zero Click Model Supported)
- Parkingcrew.com (Supports Foreign Traffic)
- Voodoo.com (Highest Payouts In The Industry)

#2. What tools do you use to help you evaluate domains?

Besides my own "TOOL", which I'm not here to promote I would suggest the following;

1. Push2check.com - Great resource site (I do not affiliated with them in anyway)

If we break down the tools I generally look at the following:

Traffic Sources: (Understand that no tool is 100% accurate but together you can get a great picture.)

1. Compete.com
2. Alexa.com
3. Quantcast.com
4. Verisign Labs: http://domainscore.verisignlabs.com/ ( WARNING: This tool to be used when you have mastered other tools. The information on this site is tricky but can be useful)

History of the domain:

1. Archive.org
2. who.is

Backlinks: ( There are plenty of tools for these but here are some sites I use)

1. Majesticseo.com
2. Google Backlinks
3. Yahoo Backlinks
4. DuckDuckGo.com
5. AHrefs.com: https://ahrefs.com/site-explorer/overview/subdomains/brickbuyers.com
6. opensiteexplorer.org (Enjoy this one. It's the search engine for backlinks)

Keywords:

1. Google Keyword Tool

#3. Where can I get lists to analyze:

I have my own tools that do the work for me however here are a few places you can grab lists from to analyze:

1. Dynadot.com
2. Expireddomains.net - (good site)
3. Namejet.com
4. Snapnames.com
5. Godaddy.com
6. Freshdrop.net - (this covers a majority of the above & more)

#4. Do all your domains make money?:

NO!

I'll say it again : NO! I STILL PICK LOSERS!

In fact anyone who says they make money on every single purchase is lying. No one has a 100% success rate and you don't need to. What you need to do to win in this business is;

#1. Pick 51% winners
#2. Make sure to keep your costs low and make more then your spending.

Understand a single domain can make up the costs of lost ones. I picked a domain that makes me $15.00 a day in revenue. That means I'll make $450 a month with it and it's recouped $300 I've lost on previous domains.

Trust me, the sea of domains is massive and there are ton's of GOLDEN NUGGETS ready to be mined by all.

#5. How much do you spend on domains?:

I've spent anywhere from $.99 - $x,xxx! If I like a domain I will spend what I need, to get it as long as "I CAN STILL MAKE A PROFIT"! That's the key.

However, recently I am testing a new program which allows me to buy strictly "HANDREGS". YUP, Handregs! You would be surprised at how much stuff is just sitting on the ocean floor of domains that people think are garbage.

#6. Blacklisted Domains? Revenue Sucks! HELLLLLP!

This is something that's not addressed a lot and something everyone should be aware of: THE BLACK LIST!

This still happens to me this day. I'll buy a domain only to find out the previous owner got blacklisted from Google. This will affect your revenue greatly because Google will not allow Parking Companies to display the proper ad's on your site. If this happens you will need to go to a second feed like Yahoo! or Zeroclick model.

Common Terms for Blacklisted:

1. Faillisted
2. Blacklisted
3. Fail

Check the status of a domain when you park it and you'll see what I mean.

Edit:6/12/2012: Thank You www.ri.sch.edu.sg for this tool!

Originally Posted by www.ri.sch.edu.sg

One thing I can add to this thread is to check if the domain is blacklisted before you purchase them, simply point to:

https://api.bodis.com/domainclassification?domain=(Insert Domain Here)

Classification:

Primary = Google

Secondary = All others but Google (Faillisted,blacklisted, etc from google)

Hope that helps

#7. YUM! YUM! Domain Tasting

If you're not sure what this is it's when you buy a domain and test the traffic for a set amount of time and if your not happy with the traffic you can get a refund or partial refund of your handreg fee.

One thing I see all the time is: Domain tasting is dead! No it's not!

Yes; it might not be as prevalent as it once used to be but there are companies out there that still allow it. How do I know this? Because I do it.

#8. Can I promote or advertise my parked domains?

No, No, No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No, No, No!

If I wasn't clear let me repeat it; NO!

#9. What do all those backlinks mean from different sites?

(Thanks Martiinko for the info)

All those sites "backlink" scanners work by "downloading" the pages all over internet and then searching for URLs in it. Moving from one page to the other over these links. But...

1. There maybe a difference in last time they check this domain for backlinks.

2. There is definitely a huge difference in their databases of pages. That means if one site has smaller DB they don't probably have all the backlinks from as many pages as the other site.

3. Some backlinks are maybe updated, some maybe aren't. The process of "crawling" the web is very time consuming, so not all the backlinks can be verified every day.

To your other question. The links like you described are ok. If you park a domain all the requests go straight to the main page. But what is important is where is the link located. Is it a "spam in comments section", is it in the "blog post" or is maybe a "banner"?

So I collected couple different pages (and I'm collecting even more) for you to check if the webpage/domain was ever parked before ;) Some have form input some are just simple url + domain name.
I will make it into a simple web app, so you don't have to go to all of this pages when checking a domain name for parking history. Mostly screenshots.

Was this domain name parked before?
All of them are free. And I don't have any connection to them whatsoever.

Fun fact: This article got to 2th place in google search for Domain name parking history after 20 minutes.

*** WORDS OF WISDOM ***

1. Never spend money you can't afford to lose! Consider every domain investment a loss till you make your money back because that's what it is. No one can tell me different on this and the reason why is you are "NEGATIVE" that amount of money till it's recouped.

2. When you buy a domain to park; look to get your initial investment back within 6-12 months.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Today, after reading this thread. I have parked, one of my domain Having 188k Alexa rank. how much i can earn from that?

•••
Today, after reading this thread. I have parked, one of my domain Having 188k Alexa rank. how much i can earn from that?

Hi Nazia,

It depends mostly on what these visitors are looking for and their location(s).

I am assuming that you are parking a a domain that was once developed? If that is the case, you may know what they came to your site for. Traffic for say, Finance, is much better paying than traffic for say, door handles. But then it also depends on the location on the visitors.

A 188k Alexa ranking is good, but with Alexa its' hard to know the traffic in absolute terms. It really depends if your visitors are using Alexa toolbar in their browser. This could manipulate the score significantly. If your website was targeting techies/developers... there's a good chance they were/are using it.

Good backlinks, I have read is good as well. I would suggest testing your domain perhaps for two week/one month intervals by various parking companies.

But it's hard to tell what you could possibly earn without doing the testing: seeing the locations, their searches. Namedrive is good for this. They are not the best payers, but you'd have sufficient info to optimize the domain according to keywords searched/location., etc. There after try the other parking companies.

•••
Hey everyone!

Do to some recent events I am going to stop training people one on one or supplying information to people on how to make money in this industry.

Recently several "Domainers" who I won't mention by name have taken it upon themselves to post false and malicious information about me which has resulted in problems for me.

To give you an idea of the problems I'm facing:

1. People paying for 1 on 1 services then purposely filing a dispute with their card carrier

2. Other big domainars are mad because they don't like the fact I am teaching others about this. They have even gone as far as contacting parking companies to spread false and malicious lies.

3. People posting false stories about me, other owners, and products.

Granted those aren't big issues but when I receive emails/threats about me or my family I take those very serious.

therefore I am going to just enjoy my life now and I hope you all understand the choice I am making. I hope you all continue to find some level of success and wish that you never have to experience the problems i'm facing right now.

I will check my emails from time to time and will continue to read the forums and follow what's going on but that's about it.

Best of luck to you all!

RJ

•••
You do good... people do bad, you do bad.... people still do bad. This is unfair world. Thanks for all you have share.

Wish you peace of life - minus this wonderful tread.

Regards,

Mano

•••
Smurge, this is very a pity that we get no more tips from you. Your notes were always very helpful. For the future all the best!

•••
Hey everyone!

Do to some recent events I am going to stop training people one on one or supplying information to people on how to make money in this industry.

Recently several "Domainers" who I won't mention by name have taken it upon themselves to post false and malicious information about me which has resulted in problems for me.

1. People paying for 1 on 1 services then purposely filing a dispute with their card carrier

2. Other big domainars are mad because they don't like the fact I am teaching others about this. They have even gone as far as contacting parking companies to spread false and malicious lies.

Granted those aren't big issues but when I receive emails/threats about me or my family I take those very serious.

therefore I am going to just enjoy my life now and I hope you all understand the choice I am making. I hope you all continue to find some level of success and wish that you never have to experience the problems i'm facing right now.

I will check my emails from time to time and will continue to read the forums and follow what's going on but that's about it.

Best of luck to you all!

RJ

People can and will have conflicts with others but when they bring family into it and make threats to them as well - thats just disgusting.

Also, #2 speaks volumes about the industry that we're in. It may as well be run by the mafia.

•••
hello smurge why talking like this ..kindly continue your helping mind .we are waiting for yours helps

•••
any one know namedrive july payout received ?.which date they made payout ?...

•••
•••
Domain Parking - Hand Regs.

Dear Smurge,

I came across your blog and found domain parking fascinating, I am also interested in Geo Domaining.

Thank you for being so generous with your wealth (pardon the pun) of information and most importantly having such a very balanced view of life - as this is what I believe domain parking to be about.

Like you, I think developing web sites is a comittment and I am unsure whether to take this path, unless it is something that requires little maintenance. I have been part if an Internet Marketing Program, that teaches you how to develop your own website, for a while and have sat on the fence.

I have an ever growing list of domain names that I have hand registered, not developed websites for, or with any backlinks. I am wondering if I would still be able to make an income parking domain names using this method and keyword domains.

What do you think of parking pages, where they actually provide a web page with a content rich page to generate traffic, or creating your own parking page or using a parking script, (hence cutting out the middle man and profiting 100% of the profits. Are you able to recommend any parking scripts or are these basically scams? Are adsense accounts allowed, or is this deemed as advetising?

Could you also please advise me where I would be able to purchase your book. I am in Australia.

I look very forward to your comments.

Kind Regards,

Hotham Shinboner

Last edited:
•••
Dear Smurge,

I came across your blog and found domain parking fascinating, I am also interested in Geo Domaining.

Thank you for being so generous with your wealth (pardon the pun) of information and most importantly having such a very balanced view of life - as this is what I believe domain parking to be about.

Like you, I think developing web sites is a comittment and I am unsure whether to take this path, unless it is something that requires little maintenance. I have been part if an Internet Marketing Program, that teaches you how to develop your own website, for a while and have sat on the fence.

I have an ever growing list of domain names that I have hand registered, not developed websites for, or with any backlinks. I am wondering if I would still be able to make an income parking domain names using this method and keyword domains.

What do you think of the "SEOparking.com" where they actually provide a web page with a content rich page to generate traffic. I'm sure other parking comanies may offer the same. Or am I allowed to have an Adsense account?

Could you also please advise me where I would be able to purchase your book. I am in Australia.

I look very forward to your comments.

Kind Regards,

Hotham Shinboner

Hello can you share the link of the smurge blog?

thanks

•••
Smurge, that is a shame that people are so dramatic. But whenever it comes to money -- losers will do anything to get ahead. You have inspirational words and your wisdom is superior to these minions that resort to dragging your name through the mud. Days when I was down and out about buying and not earning, I would read your threads and get motivated again.

I don't know you personally and we've never spoken but your positive mindset is contagious. As you know, NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED... Too bad others had to ruin it for the rest of us.

•••
#1. You can increase your income per click by switching to 2 - click lander's.

#2. Review the keywords that are being used. Are there higher paying keywords, with high global searches, that can be used.

Do that and let me know what happens.

What About Zero-Click ? , Isn't It Good ?

;)

Last edited:
•••
I Have Developed A System (Just Yesterday)

To Easily Increase Natural Type-In Traffic ! 100% Legit !

After My Hardwork , It Payed Off !!

I Make Now 100 Unique Visitors In Just 10 Mins :D !!

I Have Made A System , A Boon For All Domain Owners !

:tu: :tu: :tu: :wave: :bah:

It must be a genius system you've deviced. It should make you a multi-millionaire soon if it is true. With getting over 400k visits on each domain per month, you could overtake Warren Buffet soon. But did that all happen in a dream or in reality?!

•••
I Have Developed A System (Just Yesterday)

To Easily Increase Natural Type-In Traffic ! 100% Legit !

After My Hardwork , It Payed Off !!

I Make Now 100 Unique Visitors In Just 10 Mins :D !!

I Have Made A System , A Boon For All Domain Owners !

:tu: :tu: :tu: :wave: :bah:

I can assure you that:

1- it's not legit
2- You're wrong

•••
Thanks for the head up, good luck with your endeavour.

•••
It must be a genius system you've deviced. It should make you a multi-millionaire soon if it is true. With getting over 400k visits on each domain per month, you could overtake Warren Buffet soon. But did that all happen in a dream or in reality?!

I can assure you that:

1- it's not legit
2- You're wrong

Thanks for the head up, good luck with your endeavour.

:|

They Are Just Easy Method !

I Am Web Developer , I Develop , Make The Website Popular , Do SEO

When I Think My Website Is Not Getting More New Visitors , I Park Them... :D

Drop The Website , Park It ... :D

Last edited:
•••
I am a novice, can provide some of the more reputable name Park Company? Thank you.

•••
•••
•••
What is zero click?
What are your thoughts about the new gTLDS if you only intend to park domains?
Appreciate your comments. Thank you.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hey everyone!

Best of luck to you all!

RJ

Translation:

Hey everyone!

I'm no longer going to teach people my "secrets" now that the cat is out of the bag. I mean come on, do you really think I am going to teach you my secrets of making money and create more competition for myself?

By false I mean the truth.

and wish that you never have to experience the problems i'm facing right now

As long as you don't post that rare $50 or $60 click screenshot from Voodoo and try to hype up a service you are offering by making it sound like clicks like that happen everyday when in reality it's a rare occurance.

I will still check my inbox regularly just in case any newcomer actually believes the snake oil I am trying to sell.

--

All joking aside, anyone with an IQ higher than that of a peanut can clearly see thru the smoke and mirros. Smurge basically posted a couple screenshots from Voodoo with really high clicks ($50-$60) and made it sound like anyone can make that type of money if only you purchase his program. Do you really think someone that is making that type of money is going to tell you his secrets and create more competetion for himself? Think about that for a second.

This isn't to talk down about Smurge, the guy has clearly posted a few tips here and there but come on man, say it like it is instead of repeating the same "parking isn't dead" and "look at this one everyday $60 click I get".

Any domainer worth his salt knows that parking has been in a sharp decline for a while now. I mean if you want to offer your services for a fee and help people out that's cool and I have nothing against that but no need to deceive and lie to new domainers just for a quick buck.

I will end this post with an actual quote from his website. He has since removed this quote but thanks to our friend Archive.org we can still see it.

"The fastest way to earn income online. At first I was skeptical but after signing up and learning his method I made over $800 my first week. -Anthony K."

Really Smurge? Someone made $800 their first week? And here I am after 5 years of domaining and only making a measly $500 a week from parking my 2400 domains.

•••
Really Smurge? Someone made $800 their first week? And here I am after 5 years of domaining and only making a measly $500 a week from parking my 2400 domains.

I have over 1000 names and make about $15 per month on a good month at Sedo!

•••
Translation:

I'm no longer going to teach people my "secrets" now that the cat is out of the bag. I mean come on, do you really think I am going to teach you my secrets of making money and create more competition for myself?

By false I mean the truth.

As long as you don't post that rare $50 or $60 click screenshot from Voodoo and try to hype up a service you are offering by making it sound like clicks like that happen everyday when in reality it's a rare occurance.

I will still check my inbox regularly just in case any newcomer actually believes the snake oil I am trying to sell.

--

All joking aside, anyone with an IQ higher than that of a peanut can clearly see thru the smoke and mirros. Smurge basically posted a couple screenshots from Voodoo with really high clicks ($50-$60) and made it sound like anyone can make that type of money if only you purchase his program. Do you really think someone that is making that type of money is going to tell you his secrets and create more competetion for himself? Think about that for a second.

This isn't to talk down about Smurge, the guy has clearly posted a few tips here and there but come on man, say it like it is instead of repeating the same "parking isn't dead" and "look at this one everyday $60 click I get".

Any domainer worth his salt knows that parking has been in a sharp decline for a while now. I mean if you want to offer your services for a fee and help people out that's cool and I have nothing against that but no need to deceive and lie to new domainers just for a quick buck.

I will end this post with an actual quote from his website. He has since removed this quote but thanks to our friend Archive.org we can still see it.

"The fastest way to earn income online. At first I was skeptical but after signing up and learning his method I made over $800 my first week. -Anthony K."

Sorry you wasted money on bad domains? (what do you want me to say)

Competition? lol Google made $35+ billion (96% of their revenue is ad based) I think there is plenty to go around.

so here is what I can tell about you so far:

You see yourself as an experienced domainar, that's cool, but you have some vendetta against me (not sure way) and you have never reached out to me on a personal level to talk. So Instead of acting like a man or woman and contacting me via email, like a real business owner would, you decide to come on here and post what you feel is correct (you know what they say about opinions).

That being said you claim to be a professional domainar for 5 years with 2500 domains and only making $500 a week. I'll give you some advice...if you want to get into parking then re-evaluate your portfolio or go to a parking company like Voodoo or Parkingcrew.

I'm glad Andrew.K is making that money. Great thing is, our reviews were always user submitted and we always made sure we got their approval before posting it.

Now regarding the program, the funny thing is (feel free to ask anyone) we never once promised it was a get rich quick program or that people were going to make massive money. Yes we showed $60.00 clicks, we also showed .01 clicks, and everything. Heck if you even tried the program you would know I did live demonstrations and would log into my personal accounts live and show them all my revenue (the big and little). However, you would not know that because you made assumptions. Assuming is a bad thing and you know what they say.... When you assume it makes an ass out of you not me. (Great humor I know)

But let me cover one other thing...in the history of my posts, in the history of me talking about this program or others, have you ever once seen me write something bad or negative about other domainars? The answer is no...till today. Reason being is I'm tired of all you asshats thinking you know better. tired of you thinking you know whats right, wrong, what's doable or not. I'm sorry you we'rent blessed with more talent (actually you just gotta work harder) but don't dare come on here and try to bash my name.

but let's add one more thing.... Everyone knows who I am.. I'm Richard Saperstein, father of 3, and I spent 4 years trying to help others out of their situation. What have you done to help others? What have you done to give back to the domain community other then creating a new account a few days ago, with a total of 5 posts mainly which are about me. lol If I didn't know better I'd assume what you are really asking for is my autograph.

btw, when you have time...I need to tell you a story of a 80 year old grandmother who makes more than you. I think you will get a kick out of her story and all the screen shots , testimonial videos, account videos, etc, that she would love to share with you. but wait...there is no way an 80 year old grandmother could even make more than $500 a week just starting off (your logic ...not mine)

Anyways, I hope all you others are doing well , studying, progressing and constantly expanding your horizons. Best of luck to you all..

-Richard Saperstein

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

I have over 1000 names and make about $15 per month on a good month at Sedo!

Your issue is you are parking at Sedo. Sedo absolutely sucks when it comes to revenue. You need to test your domains over at Parkingcrew.com or Voodoo.com. I guarantee you if you do that you will easily surpass $15.00 a month.

Best of luck

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

ohh and this is for nxdomains : since he loves my screen shots :

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back