Payoneer

Domain Parking: Tips & Tricks to Help You Earn More!

Discussion in 'Domain Parking and Traffic Monetization' started by smurge, Jun 5, 2012.

Replies:
Views:

1. iAchilles

iAchilles Active Member VIP

Not quoting the right post but I can't find the one you made on this forum about picking up domains off the drops that can generate $xx-$xxx clicks, often sitting unregistered for days or weeks.

It inspired me to do a bit of testing and I just want to say a huge thank you for that post. I owe you a few rounds!

I'm not making bank with parking rev by any means but it's nice to see I'm on the right track with my regs. My goal is for parking revenue to cover my renewals bill.

Regd this domain for $1.20, it had expired 3 weeks before I picked it up. It took a while for revenue to start coming in, lots of searches and no clicks for ages on DNS. Then some high $x clicks started coming in.

I moved to Parking Crew to test it out and I was stoked to see this $xx click on the reports yesterday.

Maybe I'll see one of those elusive $xxx clicks.

View attachment 55756

It's approaching $xxx in revenue after 6 months.

Some advice I can share, just because a name has been parked before don't assume it won't be profitable for parking. If you feel the name has potential and it has stayed with one parking company or say Sedo, it's worth reg fee to test it out with other providers.

I liked a generic typo domain that dropped, I felt it had a strong change of decent type in traffic, the previous owner had it listed with parking crew for 5 odd years. I grabbed it for 1.20 and tested with DNS, so far that's up to mid $xx in rev with consistent mid $x clicks.

TLDR

@decades80 is the man and namepros is an invaluable resource.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. erchaman

erchaman Established Member

Excellent thread,I love reading and learning for mentors like you. Congratz for that good job.
    I have a question: in expireddomains.net if I see a domain with 80$ CPC What does it mean? If I purchase that domain and parking it, it won't give me that 80$ per click on the parking ads... In addition I would like to know if there is any tool that let me know how much is my current and real CPC that my domains are getting.
    Finally, it seems I have read something but still don' t understand, to increase the CPC of my parking ads what should I do/get? The more clicks the better Cpc will get?

Thank you in advance for answering my three questions.
    Regards

3. toughdomains

toughdomains Business Member Business Account

the avg CPC on those sites typically come from the adwords keyword tool api and provide the average cost per click for the keyword in the domain. Im 90% sure however that average cpc is based off the search avg cpc if you were to buy the keyword on google.com (not adsense) ...the cpc and cpm given for adsense and adsense for domains is typcially much less partly because they convert alot less than traffic from Google.com

I would use that number as a directional number not an expectation that you will get that cpc. On the Adsense side Google charges the advertiser say $10 and shares a % with the parking company which in turn will take an undisclosed % and give you the rest. So that $18 click above could have cost the adveritser $60 or more.

A potential breakdown could be as follows.
    Adsense advertiser pays $60 half of which went to parking ($30 ) half to google and then shared with the domain owner $18...then again that $18 is not real until the google and parking company deem it real and get paid. They could both adjust that click after the close of the month. I also noticed that its possible to get high cpc clicks from domains but then the cpc drops to normal rates after that high click.

This is based off what I know from being on the media buying side for years.

4. iAchilles

iAchilles Active Member VIP

You can use Above to track your stats across all parking accounts. From my limited experience each domain is different, some I have left auto-optimized when my manual keyword tests failed miserably, others I felt weren't displaying the best ads improved when I manually set keywords. If you're getting consistently low cpc rates on a domain, think outside the box, what other higher value cpc niches markets are there that cross over with what users are expecting to find on the parked page.

For example I got a name of a tourist town recently, the default ads were for maps, tourist info etc and it consistently earned .10-.20c clicks. I decided to disable auto optimize and use other relevant keywords that cross over. Hotels, restaurants, rentals, holiday activities etc. I'm now getting more frequent clicks and better cpc rates.

You have to split test with each domain to find the best results and you have to test them with different parking companies. I've had names that don't earn a cent on one platform but generate decent revenue on others.

5. polongru

polongru New Member

Nice to see that you're doing well. But remember to wait till verification - i saw in many parking providers cutting even like 80-90% of monhly earnings.

6. baseballworld

baseballworld Legendary Domainer VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Smurge around anymore?

7. Yusupbabay

Yusupbabay Business Member Business Account

Hi.
    I'm learning about domain parking. And I get an email from bodis.com like this (in your opinion what do I do). :

Hello Yusup,

After automated system checks and a careful review of your account, our team has determined that the quality of traffic on your account does not meet the standards set by our advertisers and upstream advertisement providers. Unfortunately, due to the low quality traffic levels, any pending earnings have been deducted from your account and credited to our advertisers.

At this time we will be unable to accept this traffic going forward and as a result have suspended this account.

We apologize for the inconvenience. For more information in reference to this issue please review our Terms of Service found on our web site.

Note: This notification has also been sent to your Bodis account.

Sincerely,
    The Bodis Team

Bodis - Committed to parking. www.bodis.com

Note: This is a notification-only email address. Please do NOT reply to this email. If you would like to leave a comment, ask a question, or otherwise get in touch with Bodis, please create a ticket with support in your account or send an email to [email protected].

8. baseballworld

Sounds to me like your traffic wasn't converting. What was the referral source of the traffic?

9. Yusupbabay

Yusupbabay Business Member Business Account

I never click on ads in my parking lot.

There are 3 things I've done :

1. I see my domain traffic at alexa.com and minify.mobi (Find Website Traffic, Statistics, and Analytics).
    2. I transferred 4 domains from sedo.com to bodis.com.
    3. Last week I got the domain, and I parked on bodis.com which earns 23 $ / day. Is this a natural thing.

Whether 3 things that menyebapkan my account in delete from bodis.com

10. baseballworld

Not sure you can ask troy for a more specific reason. He is on the forum.

11. frank-germany

frank-germany Business Member Business Account VIP

12. Injamul Islam

Injamul Islam New Member

Hi friends,
    From searching on Google I found Bodis.com for parking my domains. I am using this from last month.
    My last month earning was $21.01 from parking but when it's time to pay they are saying your account has been suspended for low quality visitor. Can anyone help me understand what is low quality visitor. My domains get visitors from search engine because of previously made websites on this domains. My visitor Stat: Daily: 10-20 visitors 80% organic and others from referrers and backlinks.

13. pablohc86

pablohc86 Active Member VIP

read their Terms of service, you will discover which kind of traffic is allowed.
    if they ban you, very probably the majority of your traffic & revenues come from non human traffic.

if you park domains with traffic from link farm or other forbidden ways, they ban you.

14. AGAME

AGAME Active Member VIP

It would seem to me that the offender, the one running the bot, is the one who should be in trouble. Assuming we the domain owners are honest, we can not control the traffic.

So maybe this is a stupid or naive question but why cant Google just stop accepting or reporting on traffic from Amazon AWS or OVH Hosting or other known bot traffic sources? Especially ones where they identify automated clicking.... I mean, they're not helping by just telling a parking company to ban the domain owner, who is all the way down the chain of traffic. They should kill the problem at the source.

15. pablohc86

pablohc86 Active Member VIP

idk what to say but maybe because it's easier for them to faillist a domain and chargeback the user revenues instead of try to solve the problem at the source

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!