Dynadot

advice Domain Parking Maths

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
What is the usual domain parking maths that you follow in 2020?

What kind of return is considered good?

Say I have a domain I bought at 1000 usd, and it is giving a 10 usd parking revenue per month, it is 12% return a year on a 1000 usd investment, which seem quite decent when you compare it to a Vanguard fund, as long as the domain is Liquid at 1000 usd.

But this is just my opinion.
What is the usual math that the expert domainers use when you invest in Parking Assets?

What is the least ROI you are looking at?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I usually group domains by industry and make sure they make a profit. I usually drop domains that dont make enough for annual renewals. It gets complicated this year since most of them dropped hard due to the quarantine. My New York related domains this year is not going to make enough for renewals but will still keep the ones that made a profit last year.

Last edited:
•••
I usually group domains by industry and make sure they make a profit. I usually drop domains that dont make enough for annual renewals. It gets complicated this year since most of them dropped hard due to the quarantine. My New York related domains this year is not going to make enough for renewals but will still keep the ones that made a profit last year.
SO evrything that makes over a $1 a year is a keeper, assuming you won't park any of those new TLDs

•••
I dont have any new tlds parked. Most of my domains are com org & ccTlds.

Are you able to make money from these new tlds?

•••
I dont have any new tlds parked. Most of my domains are com org & ccTlds.

Are you able to make money from these new tlds?
I have a very short domain on a countrytld and i am getting like 1000 type ins 🚀

.Co also i get some traffic so it has some scope.
In fact i bought a registry premium co domain yesterday to see.. If it doesn't work, i will try to flip it as the the com was sold for 20xxx

•••
Hi

if, the domains you invest in, can earn enough to pay their own renewal fee each year..... then you're good.
and hopefully the revenue will go up and not down :)

that's first step to sustainability, where/when you don't have to sell any domains, to pay renewal fee for the others.

then, you can sit back and wait for offers.

for instance:
i purchased a LLL.org 5 years ago for mid $$$ and parked it at PC in 2015
from then to date, the name has made $1,100.00

and while i slept, another domain parked at Voodoo.com, got 1 visitor and earned $8.04

:)

imo....

•••
Hi

if, the domains you invest in, can earn enough to pay their own renewal fee each year..... then you're good.
and hopefully the revenue will go up and not down :)

that's first step to sustainability, where/when you don't have to sell any domains, to pay renewal fee for the others.

then, you can sit back and wait for offers.

for instance:
i purchased a LLL.org 5 years ago for mid $$$ and parked it at PC in 2015
from then to date, the name has made $1,100.00

and while i slept, another domain parked at Voodoo.com, got 1 visitor and earned $8.04

:)

imo....
Awesome..

8 dollar per click?
What nicche is the domain?

And it is surprising to know that LLL.org get type in traffic at all

But would not consider the acquisition price as well?

•••
I had purchased all the domains below because I work in "enterprise" systems for corporations. The car rental company never crossed my mind until I got a UDRP.

I would be really careful with any kind of parking for any domain you care about.

My only UDRP case was due to it being parked (@ voodoo) and ads I never even picked were being shown.

https://www.adrforum.com/domaindecisions/1579392.htm

Long story short, Enterprise Rent-A-Car tried taking 4 of my 6 domains that contained the word enterprise. EnterpriseCart(.)com, EnterpriseShip(.)com, eEnterprise(.)net, e-enterprise(.)com. I lost the last 2 because they were automatically showing rental car ads, even though I set the keywords to either "business software" or nothing. To add insult to injury, the amount I was getting was maybe $10-$30 per year. Even though the parking amount was nominal, that didn't affect their decision.

In the process of preparing for this case, I looked up many similar cases and having a lander that is monetizing on words in the industry of a trademark seemed to be the deciding factor in several other cases and they can care less if you set the keyword or it is automagically violating for you.

Up until 2014, I had 1-2 people a year make claims on unknown trademarks on generic phrases (trademark was unknown without looking up). Since I stopped parking after this case, I haven't had a single claim in 6 years. Plus I have over 7,000 names now as opposed to about 3,000-4,000 names back then. Coincidence?

https://www.namepros.com/threads/monetizing-a-domain-any-advice.1188269/#post-7751039

•••
What is the usual domain parking maths that you follow in 2020?

What kind of return is considered good?

Say I have a domain I bought at 1000 usd, and it is giving a 10 usd parking revenue per month, it is 12% return a year on a 1000 usd investment, which seem quite decent when you compare it to a Vanguard fund, as long as the domain is Liquid at 1000 usd.

But this is just my opinion.
What is the usual math that the expert domainers use when you invest in Parking Assets?

What is the least ROI you are looking at?

Personally 2 months ago I bought .XYz domain , park on certain service and give more than $30/month or average minimum 0,75/day - $1 / day

•••
Personally 2 months ago I bought .XYz domain , park on certain service and give more than $30/month or average minimum 0,75/day - $1 / day
.Are you getting type in traffic on .xyg?
Can you pm me the domain. I just want to understand what kind of domain would have type in .xyz., or is it an previously established domain?

•••

Please can you post an elaborative guide on your selection process

•••
The chances of a .com getting typin traffic are low unless its a popular real search term, the chances of a non .com getting typin traffic is probably 0. People that claim they own a UNDEVELOPED .whatever domain and make parking revenue are either the owners of a name that was once in use and people are still clicking on old links OR they are engaged in click fraud.

Last edited:
•••
From my experience domains like xyz, top have mostly bot traffic (spam score lik 75% or more). So I avoid them but sometimes it can make some sense cash but still can be banned from parking service if it's fake/bot traffic.

I hold all domains which earn a year more than I paid for it + renew cost.
There are some domains that can provide even 80-100$ per click (there is even some post here on the forum with that profit screens). Most of my domains with traffic earner at least twice their price. Some of my domains I sell or use for LP with some products from Affiliate(but it's a small amount and concentrated on specific keyword product).

•••
From my experience domains like xyz, top have mostly bot traffic (spam score lik 75% or more). So I avoid them but sometimes it can make some sense cash but still can be banned from parking service if it's fake/bot traffic.

I hold all domains which earn a year more than I paid for it + renew cost.
There are some domains that can provide even 80-100$ per click (there is even some post here on the forum with that profit screens). Most of my domains with traffic earner at least twice their price. Some of my domains I sell or use for LP with some products from Affiliate(but it's a small amount and concentrated on specific keyword product).

Please how did you pick parking worthy domains, I really want to learn.

•••
It's hard to learn and hard to find so I do not think that people with share something like that because we all wanna get those domains to our portfolios.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back