Dynadot

discuss Domain Pairing, and the Psychology of "Choice"

NameSilo
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
When it comes to sales of any kind, "choice" is a powerful tool. One of the leading NamePros experts will tell you, "if" you do happen to own a gTLD like Forever.Young for example, you should consider pairing it with ForeverYoung.com "if" it's available.

If you can't pair your gTLD with a .com, there's another way of pairing your domain extensions with the same word used to the left of the dot. For example;

Forever.Flowers
Forever.Coffee
Forever.Fun
Forever.News
Forever.Love

For the record, I don't own any of these gTLD's with the first word "Forever", however, I do own some, and I even own some pairing the nTLD with the .com.

What this is all about is providing your customer with a "choice" that can assist a sale. The real bonus is, on those rare occasions, when you make two sales.....Voila!

Finally, despite some of the rhetoric heard here, you really should have a business plan/model in mind before you register any domain. If you care to learn the motives behind my domains....well, it cost nothing to ask:xf.grin:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Finally, despite some of the rhetoric heard here, you really should have a business plan/model in mind before you register any domain. If you care to learn the motives behind my domains....well, it cost nothing to ask:xf.grin:

Yeah, and starting small with a proof of concept is not a bad idea either. There is a difference between business theory and business reality.

Too many people have incomplete business models -

1.) Collect lots of domains.
2.) ?
3.) Profit.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, and starting small with a proof of concept is not a bad idea either. There is a difference between business theory and business reality.

2.) ?
3.) Profit.

Brad

2.) ?
3.) Profit.

Brad

Brad...I rarely do anything small. Besides, this thread isn't about that, it's about "Pairings" and "Choice" If you care to comment about that, I think everyone here would appreciate it. Thanks

•••
In sales point of view it's good idea to have .com and matching ngTLD for better negotiation and sale prospect.

•••
In sales point of view it's good idea to have .com and matching ngTLD for better negotiation and sale prospect.
Agree...the whole buy one get one free psychology can become part of the deal. Also, if you don't own the pair, and the match is available, you run the risk of the buyer doing an end around:xf.wink:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back