Dynadot

Domain names and house property

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

62.com

Established Member
Impact
Domain Name is like house property which same as a limited resource.If the internet is seen as the real estate development, then buying domain names is like buying lands.The closer to the downtown, the more expensive the price. The better the domain name, the higher the value. Do you think so? Welcome to write your views down here.:xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Being too ambitious maybe.. but the value of real location will start declining soon.. in some places already started.. work from home has proved you can work from anywhere..
So, going out on a limb, but domain names are better than house property..

•••
Unfortunately, the number of domains is unlimited

•••

You cannot really count all the 12+ random character domains in 2000 tlds as unregistered. They are worthless and will always be worthless.

•••
Hi

domains, don't have the high overhead expenses like home remodeling/repair, taxes, fire/flood insurance, etc, that houses and land would incur.

imo...

•••
digital property 、
digital wealth

•••
You cannot really count all the 12+ random character domains in 2000 tlds as unregistered. They are worthless and will always be worthless.

Meaningful names are too many for the entire population of the world to use.
But maybe just one name has several billion users, For example: FB(dot)com
Not exactly but I have no need to use even a single domain name, even though I am a domainer

•••
Being too ambitious maybe.. but the value of real location will start declining soon.. in some places already started.. work from home has proved you can work from anywhere..
So, going out on a limb, but domain names are better than house property..

Yes,you are right. The value of real location will start declining, even in China. For functions, domain names are better compared with house property, hahaha:xf.grin:

•••

For each of extentions, the total is limited, right? Even there are more extentions created.

•••
Hi

domains, don't have the high overhead expenses like home remodeling/repair, taxes, fire/flood insurance, etc, that houses and land would incur.

imo...

Yes, so owning domain names is much easier than house property. :xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin:

•••
•••
Meaningful names are too many for the entire population of the world to use.
But maybe just one name has several billion users, For example: FB(dot)com
Not exactly but I have no need to use even a single domain name, even though I am a domainer

Hi, so what is the value for you as a domainer? :xf.wink:

•••
I have domains related to domains and real estate so ticked the box.

•••
Yes Domain Names are like commercial real Estate, rather more valuable in many cases than their counterparts. In the new age after Covid the 'utility' of domain Name, one's online presence and identity has ever increased.

A good domain name comes with traffic which could be converted into customer base. With some Investment the launching of a startup, business would be like a cakewalk. In lieu you get a digital asset which would increase in value and require minimal maintenance.

•••

Well. I'd just like to correct something. Those 12 random character domains might have some use to the spammers :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back