IT.COM

Domain Name worth portal discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Shivay1

Established Member
Impact
Is nameworth.com good for domain name Appraisal?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No, don't bother usung automated appraisal tools, they are a waste of time.

•••
But estibot and Go daddy are both auto appraisal tools
Then why other people recommend above

•••

Think of nameworth as the very optimistic appraiser.

Sure you can use those price tags, but your sell through will suffer really bad.

Estibot is completely useless. GD is better, albeit far from perfect (which is a good thing, otherwise, everything worthy would have been swept by HD).

•••
Think of nameworth as the very optimistic appraiser.

Sure you can use those price tags, but your sell through will suffer really bad.

Estibot is completely useless. GD is better, albeit far from perfect (which is a good thing, otherwise, everything worthy would have been swept by HD).
This is good , but I seen on name pros

many people said that GD appraisal is worthless

If Gd is worthless then how we can determine the value of our domains

Last edited:
•••

by looking at comparable sales for one thing - check out namebio, DN Journal and the sales threads here on Namepros

•••
by looking at comparable sales for one thing - check out namebio, DN Journal and the sales threads here on Namepros
But DN journal and other platform are not doing domain appraisal

•••
But DN journal and other platform are not doing domain appraisal
you have to do the work yourself....they are giving you, me and everyone else the prices and what type of domains are selling

I personally find it difficult pricing domains correctly, it is something that is learnt over time and comes with experience

•••
you have to do the work yourself....they are giving you, me and everyone else the prices and what type of domains are selling

I personally find it difficult pricing domains correctly, it is something that is learnt over time and comes with experience
That is good

Can you please recommend me some tips

•••
That is good

Can you please recommend me some tips
Read as much as you can here on Namepros before spending any money

and as @gilescoley has said many a time stick to .com to start with......

•••
•••
Read as much as you can here on Namepros before spending any money

and as @gilescoley has said many a time stick to .com to start with......I have some domains can you please help me for appraise my domains

•••

Because people like to hear their domains have some value, even when they dont. Godaddy have a free appraisal tool as well, it just so happpens they are very happy for you to register that same name with a high appraisal with them too :xf.smile:O_o

You read this forum from top to bottom, you check outr namebio.com and DNJournal every week and see what type of names companies are buying and using for their businesses. Thats how you learn domain value.

The same as if you buy/sell a house, you look at other house sales in the area, you look at how close it is to the beach, schools, public transport etc You look at the number bedrooms, bathrooms? Does it have a pool, aircon, heating, solar etc, same thing, there are many factors that make a name vauluable.

Lost of stuff to learn before going and registering any names, dont buy a name until you learn what makes it valuable, also check you have a list of potential buyers (end-users) before bying it. Dont hand-register avilable names either, watching dropping/expiring lists and email owners of decent names and find a bargain.

Quality over Quantity, buy 1 or 2 names and sell them before buying more. Dont fall for the usually newbie trap of buying 20 or 50 names thinkig you will sell them all, because you wont and then you have all those renewals costs in 12 months time

Stick to .COM
Avoid hyphens
Avoid numbers
Shorter is usually better
Avoid company/trademarked names (FordCars.com, GoogleKeywords.com, AppleComputers.com etc)

Put yourself in the buyers shoes, ask yourself if you would use the name for a new company you were starting? Dont buy names because YOU like them, will the end-user like the name is the important question to ask yourself.

The best tip is to start reading this - https://www.namepros.com/forums/domain-beginners.25/

Put up your name in the appraisal section here on Namepros, that will help too and people will be honest with you.

Hope that helps

Last edited:
•••

Each domain is unique and that creates valuation challenges.

Think if you were given a task to write a program that would do the valuations, which parameters would you put in and how you would distinguish between the names that might fit the pattern but still in reality differ in value hundred times.

Here is a simple rule for you:

- use valuations as one of many parameters deciding to buy or not. Don't base your decisions on them solely. Rather on everything else and use the valuation as kind of a validator.

- Focus on the domain name itself. If it s a word combo, do those words together make a great sense? Would a business name itself like that? If yes, do they have similar alternatives for cheap and would they pay $xxxx for this?

- Focus on .com as a) most money is there; b) niche tlds require some special skills and knowledge; c) renewals can kill you.

Last edited:
•••
Because people like to hear their domains have some value, even when they dont. Godaddy have a free appraisal tool as well, it just so happpens they are very happy for you to register that same name with a high appraisal with them too :xf.smile:O_o

You read this forum from top to bottom, you check outr namebio.com and DNJournal every week and see what type of names companies are buying and using for their businesses. Thats how you learn domain value.

The same as if you buy/sell a house, you look at other house sales in the area, you look at how close it is to the beach, schools, public transport etc You look at the number bedrooms, bathrooms? Does it have a pool, aircon, heating, solar etc, same thing, there are many factors that make a name vauluable.

Lost of stuff to learn before going and registering any names, dont buy a name until you learn what makes it valuable, also check you have a list of potential buyers (end-users) before bying it. Dont hand-register avilable names either, watching dropping/expiring lists and email owners of decent names and find a bargain.

Quality over Quantity, buy 1 or 2 names and sell them before buying more. Dont fall for the usually newbie trap of buying 20 or 50 names thinkig you will sell them all, because you wont and then you have all those renewals costs in 12 months time

Stick to .COM
Avoid hyphens
Avoid numbers
Shorter is usually better
Avoid company/trademarked names (FordCars.com, GoogleKeywords.com, AppleComputers.com etc)

Put yourself in the buyers shoes, ask yourself if you would use the name for a new company you were starting? Dont buy names because YOU like them, will the end-user like the name is the important question to ask yourself.

The best tip is to start reading this - https://www.namepros.com/forums/domain-beginners.25/

Put up your name in the appraisal section here on Namepros, that will help too and people will be honest with you.

Hope that helps
Thanks for your valuable advice

Kindly also tell me that how and where we can search potential buyers

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for your valuable advice

Kindly also tell me that how and where we can search potential buyers

Just using Google and other business sites/directories. Most of mine come from LinkedIn. Make sure you contact the correct person too. Emailing the WHOIS email or [email protected] will often just get deleted, you need to get hold of a decision make at the conmpany

Good luck

•••
Just using Google and other business sites/directories. Most of mine come from LinkedIn. Make sure you contact the correct person too. Emailing the WHOIS email or [email protected] will often just get deleted, you need to get hold of a decision make at the conmpany

Good luck

Thanks for this

I have some domains can you please tell me something about that
like valuation of those

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back