Dynadot

Appraisal portal MM

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

slkn

Data Analytics & Machine LearningEstablished Member
Impact
So Mike Mann has launched a new domain appraisal portal.

Single domain appraisal at 88usd, when acquirinf a domain is 8, this is 10x value of registration.

Is it a fair market price as their experience, record of sales, and consulting service? Or is overpriced based on cost of acquisition and other appraisal tools/brokers ?

Cheers to all,
Sebastian

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My personal view is that it isn't worth paying for any appraisals. It's better for you to try to work out your own price using sites like namebio and namepros.

There is always a danger that MM may be looking for cheap acquisitions.

•••
Don't bother with appraisals myself so will pass on this!

•••
And remember that appraisals don't make domains sell better. The only tangible effect is ego boosting.

•••
It's also a charge for inclusion in the Domain Market right?

I have to look into it, but at $88 bucks, it's a little expensive. I also can't see much of a use for it unless it would gain top visibility on DomainMarket.

If the results are higher than the automated appraisals, the lower values would probably be used making it useless. If it's lower than automated appraisals, it is useless.

In the end, I don't see it as a winning proposition overall. Perhaps if a buyer ordered one independently, but then, because they also have a large portfolio of names, there might be a conflict of interest.

I'll have to see how this one develops.

•••
appraisals do nothing but give you a false sense of reassurance after dumping large amounts of money on crap names... minus what you paid for the appraisal.

:whistle:

If you have good names and you know what you are doing, you don't need an experts opinion... you are the expert!

Last edited:
•••
upload_2018-1-29_16-44-30.png

It's also a charge for inclusion in the Domain Market right?

@Mike Mann -- Does the $88 appraisal fee include the ability to list an appraised domain at DomainMarket.com? If so, is it simply an $88 listing fee? Or, is there also a commision?

•••
March 2017

"Mike Mann shared the latest update on his upcoming DomainMarket.com appraisal/brokerage system. There are some good news and some bad news.

He said that programming is going great but is taking too long. Also the cost of the appraisals has gone up from the last time. From $48 to $88 for 3 appraisers.

The good news is that you will be able to use the DomainMarket lander without an appraisal. The new option will allow you to list your appraised sub-$10,000 .com names but also domains without an appraisal and non .com domains. It is not clear to me if there is going to be a 4.5% change that covers all e-commerce transaction fees, transfers, etc.

If you only use the lander then you will be able to broker and negotiate your own domain name but it won’t be listed on the DomainMarket.com marketplace.

Mike told me “no appraisal or commission for lander“. Not sure this means that you can’t use his payment system (that costs 4.5%) or that you have the option not to use it or even maybe that you have to use it. Mike separates the 5% brokerage commission from the 4.5% e-commerce fee. This is much like Uniregistry does. Uniregistry charges 3.6%-6.6% for its payment system depending on the payment method."

Source: https://onlinedomain.com/2017/03/18...anns-domain-appraisalbrokerage-good-bad-news/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back