Domain Empire

advice Domain Name Transfer.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jiy k

Established Member
Impact
If I want to transfer my Domain Name from one Registrar to another, then when should i do it.
During the Expiry period of Domain or anytime during the Renewed Period with the current Registrar.

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If I want to transfer my Domain Name from one Registrar to another, then when should i do it.
During the Expiry period of Domain or anytime during the Renewed Period with the current Registrar.

Thanks.

Any time. An extra year will be added to the expiration date when you transfer it.

Brad

•••
Any time. An extra year will be added to the expiration date when you transfer it.

Brad
Recently one of my domain (registered on 21/8/2019) had expired on 21st Aug and i transferred it to other Registrar on 25th Aug. But the Whois lookup shows expiry on 21st Aug 2021 whereas it should be 25th Aug 2021.

•••
Recently one of my domain (registered on 21/8/2019) had expired on 21st Aug and i transferred it to other Registrar on 25th Aug. But the Whois lookup shows expiry on 21st Aug 2021 whereas it should be 25th Aug 2021.

It is a year added from the expiration date. You don't get extra time added because you transferred it after that.

Brad

•••

Brad

There is an exception to this rule. If it's been renewed within the last 60 days, then another transfer will not add another year to the expiry date.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back