Dynadot

question Can a name in redemption be transferred away from its current registrar?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Tunababa8v

Established Member
Impact
I have been monitoring this name for some days till it got to closeout and I purchased it. Godaddy sent a mail about successful purchase. I woke up this morning to find out godaddy sent another mail to notify me of cancelling the purchase as the 'owner has renewed it'.

Fine I get it, current owners are allowed to do that but what baffles me is this;

Domain was registered at godaddy when it was in closeout and it was past expiry date and already in redemption period,

I know a domain owner can still get the auth code to transfer away during the expiry period but this name is 30 days past expiry date and already in closeout.

For a name that is already 35 days past the expiry date, I was thinking you would have to pay the renewal fee plus the redemption fee and that must be with the current registrar or am I wrong?

I checked whois this morning and the name is already showing epik as the registrar, how is this possible?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A guess: the transfer was initiated within allotted time and prior to your purchase, ran its full course and completed afterwards.

Last edited:
•••
A guess: the transfer was initiated within allotted time and prior to your purchase, ran its full course and completed afterwards.
This seems like it. Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back