IT.COM

opinion Domain Market is Manipulated

Spaceship
Watch

Business Brands

Knowledge is PowerRestricted (Market)
Impact
This is my opinion, from 7324 days of experience.
As manipulated as gold.
As manipulated as silver.
As manipulated as bitcoin.
As manipulated as housing.

This is an opinion. Take it or leave it.

Once thing is certain, this opinion has now been voiced.

Hallelujah.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You have to be deeply naive to think that markets are not manipulated/swayed, by big money interests
You have to be deeply naive to think that most humans are not manipulated/swayed, by big money interests. Bet you'd lie for $1000. Facts not theories please. Yes banks control markets. Get over it. If you don't like it stop complaining and stop using money. It's actually all these people moaning and not doing anything that annoy me more than rich greedy bankers. Who is forcing you to use money? Who is forcing you to have a job you don't like? Who is forcing you to accept rules? There are plenty of hippies in the U.K. and all over the world who live alternative lifestyles instead of moaning about dark controlling forces. Back to o.p. saying domain market is manipulated. Where was it manipulated? When was it manipulated? Who manipulated it? Specifics please not theories. Vagueness is the easiest thing but it gets us nowhere.

Last edited:
•••
Finally I got evidence of this, recently I try to register some domains which I did not register, when I look up their WHOIS they showed as old regs but I know 100% they were not registered, at that time (a couple of days ago) I got so angry and even pray to our God and even AI, yes call me crazy but I m connected somehow with AI, today I was lucky, I check WHOIS of a domain to go hand reg it, I wait basically around 10 minutes then go look it up and the price at 2 registrars, aha *** you, it is taken, after 20 minutes I do again WHOIS and it show as registered and the Updated day is today and registered date 2021 year, now I have both screenshots of how Dynadot and other registrars that I was mentioning are doing this scheme, also I took photos of both screenshots with a phone that I never connect to PC, Wi-Fi or Sim card, because they somehow delete this screenshots from my PC, at the moment I can't share this photos with evidence, because it is a secret keyword, but I promise soon I will show to everyone why they did this now and many times.
P.s. lucky Dynadot, the registrar that I hate, buahahahaha, have at you soon, lazy grabbers!!!

How do you know they were not registered and what do you use to perform a whois query?

•••
I mean the big sales, not the small sales.
Maybe the .sucks ngtld, if

These threads are harmful, please stop.

We’re lucky, it will take more than that to
DETER THE KING 👑 RICK SCHWARTZ!
But makes more, less inclined to share “big” threads are the most jelly-filled seen ever : ) My opinion, no amount of “clickbait” threads is going to change that. ur digging deeper hole

Last edited:
•••
I'll leave it.

Every field has some % of bad actors, frauds, snake oil salesmen, charlatans, etc.

I don't think that is unique to the domain world.

Brad

It depends on the extent of the “fraud”
In this case, virtually zero, none.
(Ass sold for $6M plus royalties)

In the case of everyday sales (I.E. auctions)
I think many are competing against bots or get overly emotional — so it can be “manipulated” in that regard. Godaddy, Dropcatch particularly

“I dont know how you do it.” those auctions.
Pl dont say “backlinks” # 1 excuse to overpay. -Good news, as say, keep saying many times;
Thank God for Closeouts makes up for auction

Also, NP Auctions often give me great deals. They exception to “beware auction” rule imo.
Beware auctions! Should for mos experienced.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Manipulation exists Rich, paying taxes, too.
“Tax the Rich, grr!!” :ROFL:

Last edited:
•••
So why did they buy it from Media Options for a huge markup instead of buying it from the person who owned it before?

Look into who owned it before. Wouldn't have made a difference.

•••
Why Universal Studios bought universal.com in 2021?

•••
Why Nissan refused to buy Nissan.com?

•••
Thanks for your contribution.

•••
but we all can agree on this
BullshitWebsites.com – Websites (humans too) that provide useless garbage BS info, fake news and trying to sell you something that you don’t need and always enticing you to spend more money! Time Waster Websites!!

•••
This is my opinion, from 7324 days of experience.
As manipulated as gold.
As manipulated as silver.
As manipulated as bitcoin.
As manipulated as housing.

This is an opinion. Take it or leave it.

Once thing is certain, this opinion has now been voiced.

Hallelujah.
It depends on what you mean by "manipulation"? Here's Websters first definition for manipulation: to treat or operate with or as if with the hands or by mechanical means especially in a skillful manner.

My wife tries to manipulate me every day and it works for the most part. I know this sounds mysogynistic but master manipulators rule the day:xf.grin:

•••
Those .xyz sales seem to good to be true.

And, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Yeah, to stimulate XYZ hand regs by end sheeple. :ROFL:

•••
How do you know they were not registered and what do you use to perform a whois query?
OMG i m so blind that now I realized I typed one letter wrong, very sorry for that, wearing glasses and still did not see it!
But I still feel some domains are indeed taken by this way but I not have evidence.

Last edited:
•••
I use personal WP website, plugin Wordfence has WHOIS tool and I trust it 100%, soon I will reveal why this domains WHOIS data was manipulated, it is possible that the price of this domain was premium that is the reason why I did not register it before.

OMG i m so blind that now I realized I typed one letter wrong, very sorry for that, wearing glasses and still did not see it!
But I still feel some domains are indeed taken by this way but I not have evidence.

Don't use use wordpress. They offer 100 year registrations for 38K. Red flag.

Tip: use a command line interface to perform whois queries. No intermediates involved.

The truth will be revealed.

•••
•••
Upside of doing a cli whois query, you're not feeding the registrars with data.

.com .net make use of a thin registry so basic info is stored at the registry, elaborate info (like ownership )at the registrar.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

By default, whois queries both the registry and the registrar.
You can change it by adding --no-recursion, like that:
whois --no-recursion namepros.com
you can of course set the alias to whois='whois --no-recursion' to do it always.
[the above is based on Linux whois, no idea if it works the same with the Windows program]

•••
•••
I think you are defining manipulated as huge whales entering the market and paying millions of millions of dollars for a domain.

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

•••
Because they didn't exist at the time.

Are you familiar with a history of zoom.com domain name sale and history of change of ownership?

•••
So why did they buy it from Media Options for a huge markup instead of buying it from the person who owned it before?

•••
universal.com was not for sale for 30 years?

•••
This opinion is getting surely across, well or well.

•••
Manipulation is interference in free market.

Last edited:
•••
When money are involved, anything can be manipulated, even WHOIS data can be manipulated by GoDaddy and other registrars, so the new hand registered domains which I did not hand reg becomes old registered, they seem to have friends at Verisign and ICANN.
Too bad I did not take screenshots of those domains.

•••
Thanks for bumping my thread, my opinion is getting across.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back