Dynadot

opinion Domain Market is Manipulated

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Business Brands

Knowledge is PowerRestricted (Market)
Impact
This is my opinion, from 7324 days of experience.
As manipulated as gold.
As manipulated as silver.
As manipulated as bitcoin.
As manipulated as housing.

This is an opinion. Take it or leave it.

Once thing is certain, this opinion has now been voiced.

Hallelujah.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'll leave it.

Every field has some % of bad actors, frauds, snake oil salesmen, charlatans, etc.

I don't think that is unique to the domain world.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Some form of manipulation exists in just about anything, sadly. As long as your domains are selling, at a price you're happy with ...from a business standpoint for you, are you happy? Just my perspective

Agree.

Comparison is the thief of joy. Comparing yourself with Rick S will only compound this problem, without a critical study of his portfolio.

And domaining is a subjective business.

•••
•••
Remember, @offthehandle.

You’re playing a dangerous game, my friend.

Good luck, the burden-of-proof is on you LoL!. -Also, i want to agree, like u care,think helping.
but just sound really salty over ass com sale -Frankly, it’s unbecoming and unprofessional!

How many threads has it been? 1, 2, .6.?
threads screams “jealous of best’s success.”

Samer

Last edited:
•••
question_everything.jpg

•••
•••
•••
•••
Who gives a shit!
I don't :) As long as I make money I'm happy!
Almost all markets are manipulated anyway! Wrote this on another thread recently as well: several banks have received regulatory fines for manipulating the silver price and keeping it artificially low. Be smart and take advantage of it. I'm grateful... I get to buy physical silver for cheap :)

•••
I think you are defining manipulated as huge whales entering the market and paying millions of millions of dollars for a domain. Even if a whale buys a 4L for $1,000,000, it still isn't manipulation. Why? Because domains are on a spectacle of worth, and it all comes down to the seller. If you as a domain holder, own a specific domain, and specifically want way more money than current market evaluation, you are in your entire right to sell it for more. There are specific domains that I own that I would never let go unless I got $100k+, but maybe are only worth $30-40k right now. Why? Because I don't need the money, and I place a lot of value on the domain. However, if a whale comes by with the right price, I would be ok with selling. This is usually the case with these really expensive domain names, and almost all of them are really good. Now think about the kind of people who invested early in this market, they have well over millions of dollars. Why would they sell one of their domains for cheap when they have already more than made it in life? They can afford to step back unless someone big comes in and buys it. Which is what is happening, big players who want top pages for top dollar are paying huge amounts for great domains.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Who gives a shit!
Besides attacking integrity of entire industry? Rick Schwartz is who i, every should aspire be. give *** “bad faith” disingenuous (seem jealous of Rick etc lol) Thanks for sharing, Rick!

Always the best with Royalty income streams.
A lot of people can learn off Rick Schwartz^ : )

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Some form of manipulation exists in just about anything, sadly. As long as your domains are selling, at a price you're happy with ...from a business standpoint for you, are you happy? Just my perspective

•••
•••
•••
"Manipulation" is usually an accusation made by those who are shut out of a market or lose money in a market, and it is generally unfounded. For example while yes there are extremely isolated examples of market manipulation in the stock market for the most part it is simply ruled by supply and demand.

It's easy to say, every time a stock or commodity goes up or down and against the direction you wish that it is manipulation, but where is the evidence?

Last edited:
•••
half the definition is a positive statement and the other half is what yall are saying. :)

•••
OMG i m so blind that now I realized I typed one letter wrong, very sorry for that, wearing glasses and still did not see it!

Well, then it's good that you took screenshots and photos and have the ultimate evidence, because otherwise you wouldn't believe it, right? The simplest explanation is usually the right one...

•••
I mean who gives a shit about OP's unsubstantiated opinions..

•••
•••
manipulate
verb

ma·nip·u·late | \ mə-ˈni-pyə-ˌlāt
\
manipulated; manipulating
Definition of manipulate
transitive verb

1 : to treat or operate with or as if with the hands or by mechanical means especially in a skillful manner manipulate a pencil manipulate a machine
2a : to manage or utilize skillfully quantify our data and manipulate it statistically— S. L. Payne
b : to control or play upon by artful, unfair, or insidious means especially to one's own advantage being used and manipulated by the knowing men around him — New Republic
3 : to change by artful or unfair means so as to serve one's purpose : doctor suspected that the police reports were manipulated— Evelyn G. Cruickshanks

•••
Care to substantiate this?

Magul must be referring to the fact that hitlerfuckingamonkey.com isn't selling for the listed price of $10,000 as it clearly should.

•••
Even NamePros use their technology to target at me their crappy topics.
Apparently it's working. Namepros technology alerted you on a crappy topic, and here you are. Effin outstanding.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back