Dynadot

poll Domain industry: More regulation or not?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Should there be more regulation in the domain industry?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Many domain investors complain that of the lack of regulation in the domain industry. The arguments are usually valid and well-founded: Shill bidding, lack of transparency or clarity in backordering services, registrars with incosistent or abusive domain transfer rules.

Should there be more regulation or supervision or the domain industry or do you think the status quo is preferable? Your votes and comments are appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Still open for voting and comments.

Thanks

•••
Regulation is such a relative term. Where does the line end?
Who will enforce the regulations?
Democratic process?
Who will finance the budget for this entity to enforce these regulations?

Clearly, we have problems.... But how we fix them is above my pay grade and with a wife, kid, job and hobbies.... Im tired from just thinking about this post, lol.

What definitely needs to be done is a stop to all these darn stupid extensions.

•••
Only regulation that I think is needed is more oversight of registrars and backordering services.

•••
The only regulation I think is needed is against domain theft. Those registrars that steal their clients domains should be closed. As well as those that do not transfer back the domains that were stolen by hackers.

•••
Be careful, regulations can be costly!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back