Dynadot

legal Domain Front Running by Lumis.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

silentg

DomainRetail.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It’s not worthless imo but it’s not worth this thread. Front running a typo isn’t worth creating a thread.

It's valuable enough that folks have tried 2 UDRPs on it already, spending thousands of dollars on legal fees to fight for it.

•••
It’s not worthless imo but it’s not worth this thread. Front running a typo isn’t worth creating a thread.

This thread is more related to the business model of Lumis, not the specific domain in question.

Brad

•••
I would happily pay $15K-$20K for this domain, as an investor. If it is for sale in that range, please contact me. ;)

I will say though I can understand looking at this domain and not seeing obvious high value.
When you actually research it in more detail though, the high value is obvious.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
It's valuable enough that folks have tried 2 UDRPs on it already, spending thousands of dollars on legal fees to fight for it.
So it’s worth $1k in an attempt to steal? Not an exact science for valuation purposes.

•••
frontrunning.com is taken by NameFind /Godaddy lol

•••
So it’s worth $1k in an attempt to steal? Not an exact science for valuation purposes.

Well, there have been (2) complaints filed involving (6) panelists.
The cost for a (3) member panel is $4K.

You have $8K spent on the UDRP panels alone.
That does not include lawyer fees, which are probably in that range or higher.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Well, there have been (2) complaints filed involving (6) panelists.
The cost for a (3) member panel is $4K.

You have $8K spent on the UDRP panels alone.
That does not include lawyer fees, which are probably in that range or higher.

Brad
Wasted money because Kosmos will forever be confused with the correct spelling.

I wouldn’t spend anything on Kanada, kape, kalm, or any other typo. It’s an uphill battle to compete with the correct spelling.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/kosmos

I hope it's available in your country.

The word is also frequently use in Greek. That is probably where the word came from originally.
The spelling was also used in versions of the Bible.

The point being this is only a "typo" in some languages, and even then for instance in English it still makes a great brand.

In much of the world this is not a typo. It is the correct spelling.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
The word is also frequently use in Greek. The spelling was also used in versions of the Bible.

Brad
You guys are reaching in an attempt to make a point. Brad, if you’re honest, nobody uses Kosmos.

Quoting the Bible as if it’s current for todays language? Oh lord

•••
You guys are reaching in an attempt to make a point. Brad, if you’re honest, nobody uses Kosmos.

Quoting the Bible as if it’s current for todays language? Oh lord

Alright, I am done with this conversation. It is beating a dead horse at this point.

I can post a list of thousands of domains containing this term, or the many companies using the term via opencorporates.com...but no one uses the term.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
Alright, I am done with this conversion. It is beating a dead horse at this point.

I can post a list of thousands of domains using this term, or the many companies using the term via opencorporates.com...but no one uses the term.

Brad

How many typos do you own? Should I buy cick.whatever? It’s a typo of sick and kick.

You wouldn’t recommend that.

•••
You wouldn’t recommend that.

Keith, no offense but you are extremely close minded on this.

In this field it helps to have an open mind and be willing to learn.
No one knows everything.

This domain clearly has strong value. It has been illustrated in many ways by several people.

It is not simply a "typo".
The term is contained in thousands of domains.
The term is used by almost countless companies.

If you are too stubborn to see that, fine.

I think it would be more useful to understand why it has value than just reject it.
I personally would use some of the metrics provided by veterans in your bag of tools.

Either way, it is your choice.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Wasted money because Kosmos will forever be confused with the correct spelling.

I wouldn’t spend anything on Kanada, kape, kalm, or any other typo. It’s an uphill battle to compete with the correct spelling.

Brother you have no clue about how Branding works. There are more than hundred languages other than English where its perfect dictionary word. Please check some of European languages including Greek and Latin and you will find big and brighter world out there. There is a reason why this "typo" was registered in more than 100 extensions.

Please do not discount any domain's valuation by saying it's typo. This is typical domainer's mentality which is least concerned to entrepreneurs or branding persons but a very good tool for them to use it against domain investors. Bye the way, how many times you missed EPIK domain registrar address because it's not an EPIC (correct English word) but a typo?

•••
US-centric vs global? Imo, this is what the thread is now about. From domainers point of view (and, since English is not my native language), I'd say global is better. Kosmos is OK simply because it correct spelling in Greek and Russian at least. Or, last year I sold jewellery+keyword in .com. Typo of jewelry? No, it is British spelling.

•••
Was an interesting read until kinda went off topic. Hardest part of domaining is staying on topic.
If anyone has more info on these front runners please share.

•••
Thanks for posting Lumis's reply, @bmugford. What's very concerning is Lumis apparently doesn't even care if a domain is already being brokered by a seller broker, they'll still reach out to potential buyers. Hey Lumis, what if the seller broker had already reached out to that buyer to try and sell them the domain? Clearly, your business practices are potentially harmful to not just domain owners but also other brokers. Stop, just stop. Ask the domain owner for permission before reaching out to any potential buyers, especially if the domain is knowingly owned by a domain investor and/or broker.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back