Dynadot

discuss Domain Front runners & automation process

NameSilo
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
if you sell your own domain name on Dynadot marketplace and if you don't list the domain name in your Sedo account ... the chances are high that you may see someone else (largely automated process) has already listed the domain @ Sedo & set a higher price than is @ Dynadot. If you make changes to your price, front-running script may change the price as well. However, if you ask Sedo to delete/remove the domain name from Sedo market, this doesn't guarantee success, bc somehow the front-runner/s auto-relist your domain name again (1-3 days).

(* There are a variety of ways in which frontrunners can play w/t aftermarkets. This is an example of Seller@ A-Market >> Frunner@ B-Market)

random example:

d1.png

s1.png

Regards

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@DAN.COM you should be reading this. Massive front running being talked about on your platform.
They have made it a bit harder, as the brandable theme does not show your about me. Handy
The brandable theme also prevents me from seeing other information. That is important for research
However a name that is brandable lander, showing no about me, if you search name in dan search, it will show sellers username and link to portfolio if that is set up
I have own "YOUR/ SALES /AGENT/./COM" two years and it is for sale on Dan by two different accounts! Two listings same domain lol.

*update currently the listing was deleted.
Still own this @ReallyBigIdea.com
Listed by
域名卖家 < drop lister
Another example for these frontrunner tactics on expired domains. This is not the first time it happens to me but now I went ahead and dug deeper.

My domain has expired on the 21/12/2021.

Show attachment 209695

It has been added to Dan as a make offer 18 days later on the 8th of January 2022 ( so not passed neither grace period nor redemption so they definitely have no ownership at that time )

Show attachment 209697

Up until today the listing is still live.

Show attachment 209696

So I agree with @Lox we definitely need a rock solid verification process in 2022 on all marketplaces and also when names expire platforms should detect and delist those automatically.

Just wondered how the frontrunner turns this to his/her advantage financially? They spam people in the meantime and try to acquire the name on the drop if they have a target agreed on price? This is not a markup model as showed by Lox.

This could leave us in trouble on possible UDRP, legal cases IMO.

Shall I renew the name and ask Dan to move it back to my account? :xf.smile:
^^ 3 months later, still live @Freety
Listed by
域名卖家 < drop lister

I see in drop listers portfolio's they price their names and put make offer on ones they dont

Any explanation about DroidChoice.com @DAN.COM being listed on your marketplace while it is not registered and expired dec21,2021
Added to your system Jan8,2022 and still live with drop lister trademark pricing of Make Offer KYC?

You do 99 things out of 100 correct, but the one you dont do is verify ownership

Why is there check box to confirm ownership at sedo and afternic, but not dan?
I have just run a test across various platforms and discovered 93 of my Squadhelp BIN listings were also listed by different frontrunners at Dan as make offer. Their support was very helpful and helped me remove all of them, but I am not sure this will solve the issue hence no gurantee they will go ahead and list those again. Very unethical approach.
All make offer, were they on sedo and afternic?

I think you're having difficulty with vocabulary, as every marketplace I use (Dan, Sedo,. GD, Afternic) does REQUIRE you to drop domains you have sold (there is even a popup or reminder on most to "delete your listings on other marketplaces" and places like Sedo will punish you if you leave a BIN on a sold domain and it gets hit) but that is not the same thing as "LOTS OF BRAINLESS HAMMERHEADS DO NOT DELETE THEM".
@DomainRecap they never owned the names i am questioning, so how can they delete them when they sell them?
Totally agree with people not removing listings, but that isnt the case here, as Mr Mugford stated earlier
This is interesting. It makes sense.

It was largely my priced domains that had conflicts @ Dan.com. The lower the price, the more conflicts culminating with around a 50% duplicate rate on the lowest ones.

Most of these domains are ones I have owned for many years, some over a decade.

The unpriced domains had a very low failure rate.

Dan.com (and others) need to do something about this practice. People are listing domains via their system that they don't own, nor have any rights to offer for sale.

Dan.com support was great and did remove the listings after they failed, but it is still a major issue in their system. As a buyer I have had several purchases canceled and refunded because the lister no longer owned the domain, or never owned the domain.

Brad
They haven't done anything 5 months later

divorceattorneydaytonohio.com is for sale!​

The domain you are researching is available for registration.
https://dan.com/buy-domain/divorceattorneydaytonohio.com < brandable theme - make offer
Cant see seller... but you can
https://dan.com/domain-seller/domai...82?&results=50&order_by=relevance&offset=2150
Pricix.com is in that portfolio, thanks for example @Lox

Fix the issue, as stated above it may be grounds for UDRP as some people dont list names on marketplaces for that reason so why should they be for sale on your platform but not the other big 2

•••
@DAN.COM you should be reading this. Massive front running being talked about on your platform.
They have made it a bit harder, as the brandable theme does not show your about me. Handy
The brandable theme also prevents me from seeing other information. That is important for research
However a name that is brandable lander, showing no about me, if you search name in dan search, it will show sellers username and link to portfolio if that is set up
Something does seem amiss here. You are a Master at domains, and do feel something is wrong here. Perhaps others on the forum can check and see if any of their domains are showing up there as well unexpectedly.

Last edited:
•••
thank you for link to
Listed by
域名卖家 who has 468,000 names listed. Some never registered but whois.domaintools.com is a little off today.

Page 9363 of their listings. I always go backwards, last page first
https://dan.com/domain-seller/4d208...?&results=50&order_by=relevance&offset=468100

Listed is https://dan.com/buy-domain/chinachamberofinternationalcommerceshandongchamberofcommerce.com

chinachamberofinternationalcommerceshandongchamberofcommerce.com is for sale!​

The domain you are researching is available for registration. And never was.

Always make offer.

As for Domain verkaufer, no hyphen a legit person there has domain-verkaufer
https://dan.com/domain-seller/domai...a-4a4514a156c0?&results=50&order_by=relevance

Went to generic profile when heat got turned up, in my correspondence with Dan 27 weeks ago
went from 210,000 names to 12,000
Now it was working a while ago, but has been deleted, his new listings page changed to this when he went to private seller
https://dan.com/domain-seller/domai...2-0d86f5e316c3?&results=50&order_by=relevance

Obviously your someone here. Reading this. Glad i could pop your bubble. Something else needs to be popped though

I also noticed Ughby.com has been removed from Dan, I posted that in another thread here someone started about their names being listed on Dan by someone else
there is more than one person pulling this stunt, easy.
DroidChoice.com has also been removed from Dan, it was 4sale last night
Whoever listed that is reading this 😘
I truly hope Dan fixes this problem, makes verification mandatory, creates a check box when submitting names agreeing to terms of service and they will continue to be the .top marketplace for domainers

•••
I truly hope Dan fixes this problem, makes verification mandatory, creates a check box when submitting names agreeing to terms of service and they will continue to be the .top marketplace for domainers
Having some stronger verification practices would probably help tremendously.
Trustpilot has reviews on Dan, Sedo, and Afternic. I was curious about this issue, and started reading them today. Dan comes across with the strongest reviews overall, and as a company with many fans. Sedo came in second, with scattered comments about domains owned by others attempting to be sold. They seem to have stricter verification processes, trying to address this and prevent this.
Since Dan is such a popular company with high ratings, they no doubt have every interest in fixing any such problems quickly. They did fix my issue quickly, and hopefully will review the even broader picture as well.

•••
Dan is the number one marketplace, they are 100% honest, perfect landers, pay fast. only two issues are this listing unowned names, only because their so nice and at 3 pm after work i get this message
We'll be back online
Tomorrow

Their aware, what they do about it is their business. I won’t waste any of your, or my time on this issue anymore, unless I am brought into the conversation.
Or PM, i mean DM

•••
thank you for link to
Listed by
域名卖家 who has 468,000 names listed. Some never registered but whois.domaintools.com is a little off today.

Page 9363 of their listings. I always go backwards, last page first
https://dan.com/domain-seller/4d208...?&results=50&order_by=relevance&offset=468100

Listed is https://dan.com/buy-domain/chinachamberofinternationalcommerceshandongchamberofcommerce.com

chinachamberofinternationalcommerceshandongchamberofcommerce.com is for sale!​

The domain you are researching is available for registration. And never was.
Last night
Listed by
域名卖家 had 468,000 domains in portfolio.
This morning 473,049
They must be bulk adding names and the ones that are not listed, get listed
I'll check the link occasionally until it gets taken down
https://dan.com/domain-seller/domai...1-479a9d7f7ca5?&results=50&order_by=relevance

Reputation matters someone said when ugly dork was beaking off, huh.

1005vip13qwerfsxhggkbjloibjhgdcdaszrs.com is for sale!​

Added last night, as i would have seen that on page 9461, last page
Last night 9363 was last page. 50 a page 5000 names added
Dilute legitimate listings in the pool. Yup yup reputation, this will hurt dan as much as the preach to breach hurt epik. You were quite vocal there, what you got to say about this?

•••
Great job outlining how bad this front-running gig is becoming on Dan.

I think at some point, Dan needs to make verification mandatory on all aftermarket listings (like GoDaddy and Sedo do now) - otherwise they'll become the last bastion for these guys to mass-load domains on.

•••
Last night
Listed by
域名卖家 had 468,000 domains in portfolio.
This morning 473,049
They must be bulk adding names and the ones that are not listed, get listed
I'll check the link occasionally until it gets taken down
https://dan.com/domain-seller/domai...1-479a9d7f7ca5?&results=50&order_by=relevance
Today, Dan posts "This Page Is Gone." You seem to have gotten their attention
I think at some point, Dan needs to make verification mandatory on all aftermarket listings (like GoDaddy and Sedo do now) - otherwise they'll become the last bastion for these guys to mass-load domains on.
Absolutely.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back