Dynadot
NameSilo

Lox

_____
Impact
if you sell your own domain name on Dynadot marketplace and if you don't list the domain name in your Sedo account ... the chances are high that you may see someone else (largely automated process) has already listed the domain @ Sedo & set a higher price than is @ Dynadot. If you make changes to your price, front-running script may change the price as well. However, if you ask Sedo to delete/remove the domain name from Sedo market, this doesn't guarantee success, bc somehow the front-runner/s auto-relist your domain name again (1-3 days).

(* There are a variety of ways in which frontrunners can play w/t aftermarkets. This is an example of [email protected] A-Market >> [email protected] B-Market)

random example:

d1.png

s1.png

Regards

VadimK

Top Contributor
Impact
Are you sure that Sedo's listing is not some ''leftovers'' from this name's past?
If that's not the case that I would do one of 2 things:
1) to list it on Sedo yourself. This should solve the problem, as you'll clearly be putting your TXT verification.
2) just leave it as it is. I assume if this guy by somehow is selling your domains for a higher price and someone buys from him, he'll automatically buy it from you right away for whatever price you have on that day. Hey, free commercial, you don't even need to spend 5 minutes to register it on Sedo yourself. :)

P.S. I also can tell that his price is more adequate than yours, but it's pure imo. ;)

VadimK

Top Contributor
Impact
1. 100% sure (tested and monitored since September)

2. btw. pricix is not my domain name

Regards

If you (or someone else) don't care about listing on the same platform - just leave it. If you have your landing page with your price - what to worry about? And if someone is selling it for 15000 anywhere online - let him do it :)

Lox

_____
Impact
If you (or someone else) don't care about listing on the same platform - just leave it. If you have your landing page with your price - what to worry about? And if someone is selling it for 15000 anywhere online - let him do it :)

The point is:
In order to sell your domain name on Sedo, you will need to verify domain ownership by using DNS/TXT or proof. Once the verification process is complete, then you will be able to list on Sedo for sale. The front-runner/s may not be able to prove ownership. So, the Sedo's process of ownership verification - flush. #Large-scale

Regards

Very interesting thank you very much. Very interesting indeed
This is similar to putting a for sale sign on your car for $800 and listing it on FB marketplace.
Someone sees the listing and puts your car on other groups, local classifieds, craigslist asking $1500
Maybe you cant compare domains to cars but principle is the same. Dont sell whats not yours

This my opinion, not the opinion of namepros. Don't hold them accountable for what i say or do

Lox

_____
Impact
Nasty one.

Discovered more pretty shady things (scam alert) going on with Dynadot market. Once I have at least 1000 examples, I will post more info

Spoiler: the domain name is listed @ Dyandot market for $1-5 but redirects to a long time developed website (different domain name & never uses - see bellow). For an inexperienced investor, looks like a jackpot.

#1 Due diligence before buying anything @ dynadot marketplace.

Example;

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 20.57.13.png

acspslitbolt .com redirects (masked) to the website

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 20.42.20.png

the real domain name for the website is

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 20.43.06.png

Regards

Last edited:

Lox

_____
Impact
A large-scale frontrunner(s) campaigns (organized groups and a bunch of individuals) targeting registrants and investors has been detected @ DAN, Sedo & Afternic-GD. The domain may be locked for transfer for 60 days but frontrunners already made account (some of under a different email address) for each registrar - counting on push transfer.

However, there is another type of frontrunners who uses different tactics to not help you sell your domains by registering 1:1 social names. Unfortunately, some of frontrunners can obtain your personal information and use it to initiate DM ( "steal" ) contact with the prospects @ twitter, FB, Instagram etc on your behalf.

The tips above can help you recognize common tactics.

Think of listing your domains on multiple marketplaces ...

(A schematic presentation coming soon.)

Regards