IT.COM

discuss Domain Front runners & automation process

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
if you sell your own domain name on Dynadot marketplace and if you don't list the domain name in your Sedo account ... the chances are high that you may see someone else (largely automated process) has already listed the domain @ Sedo & set a higher price than is @ Dynadot. If you make changes to your price, front-running script may change the price as well. However, if you ask Sedo to delete/remove the domain name from Sedo market, this doesn't guarantee success, bc somehow the front-runner/s auto-relist your domain name again (1-3 days).

(* There are a variety of ways in which frontrunners can play w/t aftermarkets. This is an example of Seller@ A-Market >> Frunner@ B-Market)

random example:

d1.png

s1.png

Regards

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are you sure that Sedo's listing is not some ''leftovers'' from this name's past?
If that's not the case that I would do one of 2 things:
1) to list it on Sedo yourself. This should solve the problem, as you'll clearly be putting your TXT verification.
2) just leave it as it is. I assume if this guy by somehow is selling your domains for a higher price and someone buys from him, he'll automatically buy it from you right away for whatever price you have on that day. Hey, free commercial, you don't even need to spend 5 minutes to register it on Sedo yourself. :)

P.S. I also can tell that his price is more adequate than yours, but it's pure imo. ;)

•••
1. Are you sure that Sedo's listing is not some ''leftovers'' from this name's past?
2. P.S. I also can tell that his price is more adequate than yours, but it's pure imo. ;)
1. 100% sure (tested and monitored since September)

2. btw. pricix is not my domain name

Regards

•••
1. 100% sure (tested and monitored since September)

2. btw. pricix is not my domain name

Regards

If you (or someone else) don't care about listing on the same platform - just leave it. If you have your landing page with your price - what to worry about? And if someone is selling it for 15000 anywhere online - let him do it :)

•••
If you (or someone else) don't care about listing on the same platform - just leave it. If you have your landing page with your price - what to worry about? And if someone is selling it for 15000 anywhere online - let him do it :)

The point is:
In order to sell your domain name on Sedo, you will need to verify domain ownership by using DNS/TXT or proof. Once the verification process is complete, then you will be able to list on Sedo for sale. The front-runner/s may not be able to prove ownership. So, the Sedo's process of ownership verification - flush. #Large-scale

Regards

•••
Very interesting thank you very much. Very interesting indeed
This is similar to putting a for sale sign on your car for $800 and listing it on FB marketplace.
Someone sees the listing and puts your car on other groups, local classifieds, craigslist asking $1500
Maybe you cant compare domains to cars but principle is the same. Dont sell whats not yours

This my opinion, not the opinion of namepros. Don't hold them accountable for what i say or do

•••
•••
Nasty one.

Discovered more pretty shady things (scam alert) going on with Dynadot market. Once I have at least 1000 examples, I will post more info

Spoiler: the domain name is listed @ Dyandot market for $1-5 but redirects to a long time developed website (different domain name & never uses - see bellow). For an inexperienced investor, looks like a jackpot.

#1 Due diligence before buying anything @ dynadot marketplace.

Example;

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 20.57.13.png

acspslitbolt .com redirects (masked) to the website

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 20.42.20.png

the real domain name for the website is

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 20.43.06.png

Regards

Last edited:
•••
Still interesting. Par for the course really. Remember this is domaining.
I would explain in detail but sometimes things come out wrong and then there is butt hurts. Keep digging

•••
A large-scale frontrunner(s) campaigns (organized groups and a bunch of individuals) targeting registrants and investors has been detected @ DAN, Sedo & Afternic-GD. The domain may be locked for transfer for 60 days but frontrunners already made account (some of under a different email address) for each registrar - counting on push transfer.

However, there is another type of frontrunners who uses different tactics to not help you sell your domains by registering 1:1 social names. Unfortunately, some of frontrunners can obtain your personal information and use it to initiate DM ( "steal" ) contact with the prospects @ twitter, FB, Instagram etc on your behalf.

The tips above can help you recognize common tactics.

Think of listing your domains on multiple marketplaces ...

(A schematic presentation coming soon.)

Regards

•••
Thank you @Lox ,
I am beginning to suspect a lot of these frontrunning at @DAN.COM and sedo . It's a shame Sedo is not helping not providing the emails of these people after they fail to complete payments and they are left to still have their account still active.

Shame on you Sedo.

•••
A large-scale frontrunner(s) campaigns (organized groups and a bunch of individuals) targeting registrants and investors has been detected @ DAN, Sedo & Afternic-GD. The domain may be locked for transfer for 60 days but frontrunners already made account (some of under a different email address) for each registrar - counting on push transfer.

However, there is another type of frontrunners who uses different tactics to not help you sell your domains by registering 1:1 social names. Unfortunately, some of frontrunners can obtain your personal information and use it to initiate DM ( "steal" ) contact with the prospects @ twitter, FB, Instagram etc on your behalf.

The tips above can help you recognize common tactics.

Think of listing your domains on multiple marketplaces ...

(A schematic presentation coming soon.)

Regards

This is interesting. It makes sense.

It was largely my priced domains that had conflicts @ Dan.com. The lower the price, the more conflicts culminating with around a 50% duplicate rate on the lowest ones.

Most of these domains are ones I have owned for many years, some over a decade.

The unpriced domains had a very low failure rate.

Dan.com (and others) need to do something about this practice. People are listing domains via their system that they don't own, nor have any rights to offer for sale.

Dan.com support was great and did remove the listings after they failed, but it is still a major issue in their system. As a buyer I have had several purchases canceled and refunded because the lister no longer owned the domain, or never owned the domain.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
if you sell your own domain name on Dynadot marketplace and if you don't list the domain name in your Sedo account ... the chances are high that you may see someone else (largely automated process) has already listed the domain @ Sedo & set a higher price than is @ Dynadot. If you make changes to your price, front-running script may change the price as well. However, if you ask Sedo to delete/remove the domain name from Sedo market, this doesn't guarantee success, bc somehow the front-runner/s auto-relist your domain name again (1-3 days).

(* There are a variety of ways in which frontrunners can play w/t aftermarkets. This is an example of Seller@ A-Market >> Frunner@ B-Market)

random example:

Show attachment 204442

Show attachment 204441

Regards
interesting information Pricix was my domain I have sold it recently here on the NamePros bargain BIN thread and I ve never listed it on sedo because have no Sedo account probably someone lists my domains everywhere. :( just created account on Dan and found 16 domains already listed by Chinese seller some landers without seller.

•••
My domain was listed on dan by someone else. How may I know when the listing was added on Dan.?

Screenshot_20211205-193016.png

Last edited:
•••
This is the example : one of my domains that was never registered before listed on Dan by someone else without my permission. This is not old listing nor previous owner.
Screenshot_20211205-193120.png

•••
I have own "YOUR/ SALES /AGENT/./COM" two years and it is for sale on Dan by two different accounts! Two listings same domain lol.

*update currently the listing was deleted.

•••
interesting information Pricix was my domain I have sold it recently here on the NamePros bargain BIN thread and I ve never listed it on sedo because have no Sedo account probably someone lists my domains everywhere. :( just created account on Dan and found 16 domains already listed by Chinese seller some landers without seller.

Your example and others have steadily deteriorated buyers trust (...failed transfers) and resulted in many registrants wondering if they have lost control over their own domain names / registrar accounts or aftermarket accounts. Ppl also need to be concerned about the ways that frontrunners might be affecting:

1) aftermarket assurance,
2) verification process
3) the legitimacy of transactions (fraud/scam, stolen domains, etc)

If there is one thing I am sure of, it's that domain listing verification process is outdated.

Regards

Last edited:
•••
Another example for these frontrunner tactics on expired domains. This is not the first time it happens to me but now I went ahead and dug deeper.

My domain has expired on the 21/12/2021.

1644483348302.png

It has been added to Dan as a make offer 18 days later on the 8th of January 2022 ( so not passed neither grace period nor redemption so they definitely have no ownership at that time )

1644484674716.png

Up until today the listing is still live.

1644483677205.png

So I agree with @Lox we definitely need a rock solid verification process in 2022 on all marketplaces and also when names expire platforms should detect and delist those automatically.

Just wondered how the frontrunner turns this to his/her advantage financially? They spam people in the meantime and try to acquire the name on the drop if they have a target agreed on price? This is not a markup model as showed by Lox.

This could leave us in trouble on possible UDRP, legal cases IMO.

Shall I renew the name and ask Dan to move it back to my account? :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
I have just run a test across various platforms and discovered 93 of my Squadhelp BIN listings were also listed by different frontrunners at Dan as make offer. Their support was very helpful and helped me remove all of them, but I am not sure this will solve the issue hence no gurantee they will go ahead and list those again. Very unethical approach.

•••
this will solve the issue hence no gurantee they will go ahead and list those again
They will. A lot of frontrunners are adding domains from other marketplaces to DAN. Unfortunately, DAN elected not to enforce DNS/txt ownership verification on ALL domains (if there is no conflict - then the domain can be added to any account). Actually, if one has a domain listed elsewhere - then it WILL appear on DAN earlier or later, regardless of an intention (or lack of) of a real owner to list it on DAN. @LaszloSchenk isn't it time to do something about it???

Last edited:
•••
I remember this. All roads led back to same seller. Thanks for sharing the above info.
Would be easy to fix

•••
I will never use Sedo again. It’s been a few years, but they used to forward parked domains to scam sites. Malware download sites to be specific.

•••
Little sniffing around, wasnt hard really.
I came up with a surname, given name and NP 🤔 username of someone listing names they dont own. Quite the gig they have.
Ya marketplaces need to verify ownership. I’ll say no more because i dont want to cause more butt hurts.
Dishonesty really does .suck

•••
I am still on this. @DomainRecap clearly, you need to know all the facts.
Truly i am a scattered person, how i find results i could never replicate.
However, todays little search still yielded the same results. Same pattern. Same person.
The sedo lander image @Lox posted is very interesting.

Mr Recap you stated in domain.io thread and domain.io is not a marketplace
"
I think you're having difficulty with vocabulary, as every marketplace I use (Dan, Sedo,. GD, Afternic) does REQUIRE you to drop domains you have sold (there is even a popup or reminder on most to "delete your listings on other marketplaces" and places like Sedo will punish you if you leave a BIN on a sold domain and it gets hit) but that is not the same thing as "LOTS OF BRAINLESS HAMMERHEADS DO NOT DELETE THEM".

Clear?
Clearly you dont know the facts. Bolded quote I totally agree

I have nothing to gain by exposing this activity, its not going to change the industry.
Actually way more to lose than gain, and thats not a good business model
So I will share no more here.
If @Lox would like to hear what i have to say, we have things like telephones.
Gathering facts and presenting them is not my strong point
Mr. Recap called me Mr. Naive, I am far from that. My GF mother says i am the most subtle person she has ever met

•••
Truly i am a scattered person

At least we can agree on one thing.

And I have no interest in Domain.io outside of possibly signing up for the service, which at this time doesn't seem like a valid option. It seems caught between two stools and has currently fallen between them.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back