Dynadot

discuss Domain = $$$ + Equity, How to process this transaction ???

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

anhnguyenict

Established Member
Impact
Hello my friends for a long time,

I have a rare case:
- I sell my domain name for a startup company in Australia (I'm an Asian resident) with some money and equity of that company.

We don't know how to process the transaction in this case.

We don't want to hire a lawyer because the fee for this case is not cheap and the total amount of our transaction is not much.

Could you suggest me a work solution for this case?

Thank you!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You need a contract that specifies everything you have agreed to regarding equity.

•••
You need a contract that specifies everything you have agreed to regarding equity.

However, they're in Australia and I'm in Asian.
There's some issues about our location.

They talked me about ASIC of Australia government, they can change the equity online.
However, I have a little worry if the delete me on ASIC after our transaction.

•••
Personally I would not do this deal without a contract and especially since you are in different countries there is an ever higher risk.This is not a handshake kind of world. You are taking all the risk and they are not.

If I was you I would reevaluate this deal ask for a cash price BIN and sell it. If they can’t afford the price you are asking why would you want a piece of their company? Something to consider carefully as they are in the power position about that equity. My own question would be why aren’t they just buying the name outright? Just seems fishy.

•••
Either a contract or offer them financing. You keep ownership of the domain until paid off. Equity could be worthless.

•••
Yes...make it rent to own type transaction or just come up with a good price and be done with it.

•••
If I was you I would reevaluate this deal ask for a cash price BIN and sell it. If they can’t afford the price you are asking why would you want a piece of their company?
My thoughts as well. And the OP says this isn't a big transaction. Unless the startup is very promising, this doesn't look like a good proposition. It tells me that they lack confidence. Or that is an excuse to lowball you.

•••
•••
Back