Domain Empire

Domain Brokerage

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I was wondering about domain brokerage...my question is what would people like you charge for this service. I am thinking about hireing someone to sell some of my domains, however would like to know how much it would cost me.

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
End users!

NineASpades said:
I was wondering about domain brokerage...my question is what would people like you charge for this service. I am thinking about hireing someone to sell some of my domains, however would like to know how much it would cost me.

Effectively marketing domains to End users is a time-consuming process ... and it really needs to be done consistently over time to begin to see the results of one's efforts, IMHO. Brokers can charge 10% and up to sell your domains, but they'll likely be highly selective with which domains they'll market for you - ones that that see having the best opportunity for resale, in my view. For most, average to above-average domains get sold by the owners' themselves consistently marketing to relevant End users ... creatively locating these potential "leads", obtaining the requisite contact information, E-mailing/contacting them professionally, and then following up ... sometimes going through dozens of these leads to eventually make the sale on even any one given domain name.

Toward this end, and as an alternate/complement to commission-based Brokers ... I like the idea of setting up (free or nominal NP$ cost) voluntary "Private Forum" access here on the Namepros site for small groups or teams of folks willing to pool their time and efforts in this quest for sales to End users. We've discussed it before here on the site, and even run some beta-testing and made some sales (even beyond the two "Reg. Team" competitions, which essentially utilized the same platform) ... but I'd like to one day see this permeate more throughout the site, thus enabling member's to contact and negotiate directly with End users in an efficient manner! :imho:

Just my two sense, and willing to hear yours as well. :)
-Jeff B-)

•••
great and helpful info Jeff! small teams sounds very interesting! reviving the reg team would ignite some interests!

the pros could give the newer one some tips!! it would be mutually beneficial!!:wave:

•••
It depends what you mean by brokering. In most cases it just means listing it on an auction site or parking it at Sedo. You can expect to pay 10%-30% if they somehow manage to sell your name.

I usually only broker deals over $5,000. At this level it’s not about marketing it’s about negotiations. I take 10%, which is low, and I get results that make people say “Damn!” Most people don’t have the balls to ask for what I get, or the patients to wait for it.

Starting late last year we began taking on cheaper stuff. We give the seller a deductible / reserve and take a commission off the balance of the sale. Rates are 10-50%, depending mainly on the deductible. Sellers seem really keen on the concept.

I’m being very selective on names for this programme now. We just had way to many people wanting a $500 deductible on names like “BESTxxxxxxWEB.com”, where xxxxxx is replaced by every type of garden tool known to man.

•••
Thanks for the info guys. I may spend more time attempting to sell my domains. The ones I am looking to sell right now are coveragearea.com and coverageareas.com.

I will look more into this!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back