NameSilo

Does .ie have the luck of the .Irish

Labeled as discuss in ccTLD Discussion, started by Reddstagg, Mar 19, 2020

Replies:
Views:

?

Do you see .ie growing in popularity in the future?

Poll closed Mar 26, 2020.
  1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
Total: 16 vote(s)
  1. Daniel Moran

Daniel Moran Established Member

FYI - Dealing with a transfer issue before its complete, buyer is Irish so should be all good

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Reddstagg

Reddstagg Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

Daniel,

Nice sale. If you can do that a few more times I'd say you will be happy.

It is always good to see a sale for someone in these difficult times.

How are you going to blow your new found wealth? Lol

Hope you are all keeping safe and well.

Regards,

Reddstagg

3. Daniel Moran

Hi Stagg
    My new found wealth is minimal after Sedo's fees :p
    Have you made any sales recently?
    Keeping good, you?

4. Reddstagg

Daniel,

No sales yet but ever the optimist lol. Buy them and they will come.

I'm staying locked down. The only people I need contact with arebuyers and even that will be online.

Have a good day.

5. bulkdomainz

bulkdomainz Established Member

Next year should be a good one for IE domains. Brexit will send in more business and more people exiting UK to set up in Eire.

Holding some 200 names.

6. Daniel Moran

Hi
    Yes, I tend to agree! In fact, Marathon.ie sold for 5,600 eur this month. It was sold to a British company that seem to be getting set up in Ireland.
    I am holding about 30 or so .ie domains at the moment. I am getting some interest for them intermittently.

7. Reddstagg

Good evening everyone,

I previously had mine listed on Efty and Afternic, but removed them once I realized that it may have been a bit tricky if I had sold them to anyone outside of Ireland who maybe did not have a Hosting Ireland account and maybe only GD or Epik etc.

In your experience, is there an equivalent 'shop window' in Ireland or are the options limited for .ie and Irish language domain names?

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Regards,

Reddstagg

8. bulkdomainz

Buyer can easily create an account with your current registrar, or any other Registrar that does IE domains.

I know of know IE-dedicated marketplace. Market's probably too small for now. Everyone's going solo or landing at main marketplaces.

9. bulkdomainz

Another great sale for you! I better start outbounding IE too.

10. Daniel Moran

Yeah I think you are right. I had previously toyed with the notion of setting up a dedicated .ie / .irish marketplace. I did some research and didnt much demand. Only domainers were interested but i think you need end user demand to make it worth while. Maybe in the future!

11. jmcc

jmcc Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

12. Daniel Moran

Nice post, great info. I live in Ireland and have heard alot of people talking starting online businesses and blogs etc. The views on my Sedo landing pages have increased by about 30% over the past few months. I also sold 2 .ie domains in close succession which is rare enough.

13. jmcc

Blacknight runs dropped.ie and has been running it for years now. The .IRISH is heavily concentrated on Irish hosters but it is only 2,973 doms to about 293K doms (.IE).

The end user demand is there but the dynamics of a ccTLD market are very different to that of a gTLD like .COM. With a ccTLD market, the extension (.IE etc) becomes psychologically invisible to users in that every new site is expected to have a .IE domain name. Apart from the obvious high value keywords, geographical identifiers/keywords are important. I know the pubs haven't really reopened but think of it this way. Where is your local? You probably won't add Ireland or even the city/town name to the location because it is local. That's one of the big selling points of .IE -- it really is local in a way that .COM is not.

Regards...jmcc

14. Daniel Moran

15. jmcc

The secondary market is probably a bit small at the moment. That said, I did get an enquiry on one of my .ie domain names today. The keyword is mentioned on over 600 million webpages on one site alone and its use even predates .IE.

Regards...jmcc

16. Daniel Moran

Hi all
    Hope everyone is safe and well!
    I was checking Namebio this morning and noticed that TaxRebeate sold for €8932.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice