Domain Empire

Does anyone dropcatch .biz domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm interested to know if anybody drop catches .biz domains?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Most registrars which have a backorder option are using multiple accredited sub registrars to achieve higher drop catching success rate.
Here is an example(some of name.com registrars):
"Name.com, Inc. 2013 United States
Name.net, Inc. 2013 United States
Name104, Inc. 2013 United States
Name105, Inc. 2013 United States
Name106, Inc. 2013 United States
Name107, Inc. 2013 United States
Name108, Inc. 2013 United States
Name109, Inc. 2013 United States
"
You can see the DropCatch has significantly higher number of registrars than name.com and this is why they can issue more registration requests than most other backorder services(They have an higher success rate).
Source: https://www.icann.org/registrar-reports/accredited-list.html

Very much appreciated response. I don't understand a lot of the technical stuff, maybe you can explain what is a sub-registrar? Why would more requests equal more success? And thanks for the ICANN link. Just an example I tried (unsuccessfully) to backorder GOLD/RO (Romania) when it dropped recently, but the registration was successfully made to another registrant by Sedo. What is the technical reason that Sedo beat all the other registrars to the backorder please?

•••
Very much appreciated response. I don't understand a lot of the technical stuff, maybe you can explain what is a sub-registrar? Why would more requests equal more success? And thanks for the ICANN link. Just an example I tried (unsuccessfully) to backorder GOLD/RO (Romania) when it dropped recently, but the registration was successfully made to another registrant by Sedo. What is the technical reason that Sedo beat all the other registrars to the backorder please?

A prime registrar like Name.com can have multiple accredited registrars for usage when contacting the domain registry.
All the registrars are linked to the prime one.

When a domain drops it happens in a very short period of time.
The more registrars which issue registration attempts per second in a given time period which the type of domain usually drops the higher the success rate to catch the domain.

Sedo may have caught a domain this time, but it doesn't mean they will catch more than other services.
Same for the biggest drop catching services, like DropCatch, NameJet etc. they aren't always successful and sometimes the smaller registrars do catch the domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back