IT.COM

Does AN price request lead to a sale?

NameSilo
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
In my experience someone makes a price request. I have to choose a min offer 250 or above and set a BIN. Then nothing happens. So what. What is the point of answering such a question, if there is not intention to buy. "Buyers" don't visit Sedo landing page either. I can't see IP of the "buyer", don't know their email. I don't even know if there are real buyers, or whether this is a AN trick only.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You aren’t required to have a buy it now or floor. When someone inquires on the floor price you fill that in. You are never obligated to make a buy it now. The agent is supposed to negotiate on your behalf at least to the floor. Just like everywhere else there are tire kickers and people who just want to know what the floor is.

•••
Reviving an old thread. I get requests, but it does not mention "floor" as what is being requested, it looks like this:

You have received a sales lead on xxxxxxx.com through Afternic's network.

A lead indicates that someone is interested in the domain, but is not prepared to buy it yet.
In order to proceed with this buyer, please take the following steps now:

1. Set a Floor Price and Buy Now price in the next 48 hours.
To remain a robust marketplace of premium domain names for both buyers and sellers, we require
that every domain have a Floor Price and Buy Now Price within 48 hours of receiving a sales lead
The Buy Now Price is the price you want for your domain and at which it is promoted.
Your domain sells immediately when a buyer meets the buy now price.
The Floor Price is the absolute minimum price at which you are willing to sell your domain.
It is a binding price.

The minimum accepted for this is $250 on the BIN, FLOOR and RESERVE. Kinda kills any domain you are trying to unload below $250.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back