IT.COM

advice Does 60-day lock apply to domain lifted from quarantine?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

justaflier

Established Member
Impact
So one of my domains expired, and i lifted it from quarantine a couple days later. I didn't do any WHOIS info change, but managed to sell it. The transfer is still pending with Status:OK (not PendingTransfer) for 50h now.

I did get the confirmation e-mail from my registrar that transfer has been initiated and i approved it.

So i'm wondering whether the 60-day ICANN lock only applies to registration, transfer and WHOIS change only, or quarantine lift is also affected?

Is there a way i can check whether the domain can be transferred right now?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Quarantine?

You need to contact your registrar and ask them.

•••
Quarantine?

You need to contact your registrar and ask them.

When your (.com) domain expires, it gets quarantined for 2 months so that nobody else can hijack it fast.
Since December 2016 ICANN puts a 60-day lock to almost every change you apply to your .com domain, so i was wondering whether the lift also falls into this category.

I would ask, but their support number is sleeping for the next 8h, so thought to ask here first lol

•••
•••
Yes, it is unlocked. But Status is OK not TransferPending (for too long imo).

•••
Yes, it is unlocked. But Status is OK not TransferPending (for too long imo).

Okay, just want to make sure I understand you. Whois data will not say "Transfer Pending" It will only "Ok". If the status in your Domain Registrar's control panel does not say "Transfer Pending" then your only choice is to check with Tech Support. Who is the registrar?

•••
You mean Redemption right?
I think since you own the domain and no change of registrar or ownership occurred, there is no 60-day lock.
Some registrars provide you with the ability to approve the transfer at their control panel (beside the email) and others don't and may take up to 5 days to process. Ask you registrar if they can move it along.

•••
Back