Dynadot

Do your hyphenated domains generate parking revenue?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Do you earn money from parking your hyphenated domains?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
are you talking about monetizing type-in traffic using hyphenated domains?... otherwise, I don't see why a hyphenated domain shouldn't bring any revenue

•••
are you talking about monetizing type-in traffic using hyphenated domains?... otherwise, I don't see why a hyphenated domain shouldn't bring any revenue
I have hyphenated domain travel-globe.net, park with DomainSponsor. Traffic is every day but no clicks, no CTR, no RPC, no RPM, no revenue. What's this?

•••
Do you earn money from parking your hyphenated domains?

No they won't bring any. Don't pay attention to google adwords either because if you type a dash - in the middle it will show the same amount of volume regardless.

Here is an example:

Using the keywords health-insurance and health insurance in adwords to show volume. Some people will start bragging that they have 368,000 exacts on this term with the the dash, well the dash is the same regardless but some people and owners use this as a selling point. Don't fall for this with anyone. Save your $$$. Now something like the golden states warriors winning record of 73-9.com would be cool to own because you could sell t-shirts. Gambling terms 10-1, 100-1 also cool. Stay away from the rest unless it has something of importance. Hope this helps

Donny

•••
I have had many hyphenated names. They were a waste of money and didn't bring any revenue regardless of keywords.
I have 100-0 in com but close to zero parking revenue for it. N-NN coms are alright, tho.

•••
My 3 character domains (l-l, n-l, n-n etc) make me money but that might because they have history and backlinks..

•••
•••
Back