Domain Empire

Do you use Windows or Linux?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi There!

Thanks for looking @ this thread. I'm curious as to whether you use Windows or Linux for your websites, and what your reasoning behind your choice is. I'm considering offering Windows hosting ontop of Linux and trying to see how high the demand is compared to linux.

Thanks!
Ron

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I use Linux hosting because I run php/apache and mysql on my sites. I ended up choosing Linux because it has a tendency to be a little more stable, and it's the OS of my fav hosting company :)

•••
Linux is my choice because its more reliable and stable.

•••
Linux IS far more stable...but if you wanna serve ASP.net you're pretty much stuck using windows :(

•••
linux is usually cheaper , i hav found in mu limited time in the hosting world

•••
Linux! It is reliable and stable. Plus, more customers prefer it over windows. To me right now, windows isn't worth having. Maybe in the future but not right now.

•••
Linux basically for the saem reasons as above as its more stable and alot of people want the cPanel control panel which is for linux so thats the way to go :)

Also windows servers are expensive.

•••
Windows as an end-user, Linux for servers :)

•••
I use both, you get best of both worlds

•••
•••
I love Window since I'm writing with Microsft program. But Host with Windows is expensive so Better Php and Mysql in LINUX

•••
Or the worst of both worlds...

•••
I want to learn how to use linux...

•••
FreeBSD as it's more stable and secure. It's also easier to patch with the ports system. FreeBSD is even older than linux.

•••
I use only Linux. Windows just isn't OS for server.

•••
i use both, it's all depends on my clients request. but more favour to UNiX hosting, as it's give more security :)

•••
Linus is the way to go for hosting. This is not to say that Windows is not useful for some things as well. The key to life is choosing the right tool for the job.

•••
i use linux hosting, it seems better than windows.

•••
•••
Well, I use both Linux and Windows because I feel both have their strong and weak points. Basically anything except gaming can be done on linux just like windows OR better.

•••
pc1 - windows
pc2 - mac
server 1 = red hat enterprise 3
server 2 = red hat enterprise 3
server 3 = fedora core 3
server 4 = windows server 2003 (development server at home, hardly touch it atm)

•••
yes, i dont know then, does anyone know any good hosting for windows?

•••
I use windows becuase its simple

•••
Linux is more stable, AND you can do quite a bit with it. However, as a soon-to-be college student, I of course don't own any servers. I am currently on a windows plan, selling windows hosting, as a result of a very good business relationship that I have with someone I know.

Once I get my own servers, I hope to provide Linux hosting.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back