Domain Empire

Do you think its wrong other countrys can register your countrys tld?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Do you think it is wrong people can register your country's tld?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    41.7%
  • No

votes
    58.3%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

DSL

Established Member
Impact
As we know there are many country tlds to register but some are only for people whon live in that country while others are free to anyone from any country. For example the .us can be registered to anyone. WHat is your opinion?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Originally posted by DSL
As we know there are many country tlds to register but some are only for people whon live in that country while others are free to anyone from any country. For example the .us can be registered to anyone. WHat is your opinion?

you sure? i read somewhere
that is .US is only
for bona fide US citizens residing on mainland/plus the atolls:tu:
of other smaller countries, especially
the islands use their country tlds
as cash
cows for the world to buy( kraze domain dreamers:lol: )
especiallly "fortune 500" names $$$$$
or generics/2character etc $$$$$
.ws
.tv
etc etc

Good commodity for sale apart
from fish and coconuts:lol:

good for the islands economy:bingo:IMHO
i million for 1.tvB-)

Last edited:
•••
I thought it was open to just the US as well.

A while back I wanted one but had to get my colleague in the States to register it for me.

All the best

Richard

•••
In India it is impossbile to register a .CO.IN country domain unless you are a registered firm / or own the name as a trademark / a practising professional like a doctor, architect, lawyer / or a govt. organisation. The domain is awarded to you only after thorough scrutinisation of documents submitted. The registrant also has to provide in advance the name servers of where the domain is going to be hosted.

The individuals and others can only get a subdomain. As a result of this rules there are only a few thousand top level domain names registered and the rest are free for legimitate establishments to claim for.

•••
As a domaineer, i dont like the restriction of purchasing ccTLD.

As a citizen, i enjoy to right to purchase ccTLD restricted to local company or organisation.

•••
Originally posted by NeonHQ
As a domaineer, i dont like the restriction of purchasing ccTLD.

As a citizen, i enjoy to right to purchase ccTLD restricted to local company or organisation.

So true, it's all depends of which personality is speaking.

But I think country TLD should only be available to country citizen

•••
Do I think it is wrong...Nope!
ST

•••
I feel that it is both right and wrong at the same time. To me it is right, and to the people who need a .US domain but found that it is registered to someone outside of the US, then that is wrong, haha. Very difficult question!

•••
Im putting this poll up because I see some people from other countrys registering 1 word .us when it should be a US Citizen who gets it.

•••
Well, a poll is not gonna stop them, of course... ;)

•••
No but the government can....

•••
It should be a country's choice. I understand the argument for both sides. Country domain name rules really do reflect the countries personalty or history/tradition.
Most countries that restrict - have restrictive/protectionist rules for businesses and citizens in their country.
A country that gets landed with a jackpot like .tv is just doing what they would do if they found an oil reserve - exploiting it for the good of the country.
Resticting .us would be against everything America claims they stands for - home of the free and the brave - capitalism in its rawest form - unfetted, ugly, in your face and damn tasty.

•••
Hey, foreigners have been buying up all the prime real estate, they might as well buy up all the foreign extensions as well.

The rich get richer,
ST

•••
I agree. I don't think anyone in the US should be allowed to register anything except .us ;)

•••
Originally posted by Popusearch
I agree. I don't think anyone in the US should be allowed to register anything except .us ;)

I dont think you quite got me...

•••
Originally posted by DSL
Im putting this poll up because I see some people from other countrys registering 1 word .us when it should be a US Citizen who gets it.

How many of the American based members on this board hold the registrations to .co.uk domains.

You cannot have it both ways. I live in the uk and wish to register a french domain. Despite the fact that France and the UK are members of the EEC and as such enjoy a supposed reciprocal trade agreement, because I am not a French citizen, I cannot which I think is grossly unfair.

Come on guys, we in the UK have had to put up with domain speculators from the US since the beginning - there should be absolutely no restrictions on the trade in them at all and it annoys me :red: when I see comments like the above.

Comments like the above show that a level playing field is not desired by all.

Just my twopence worth!!

•••
absolutely not. Hey its there money and its all about business. The US gets goods from china and the orient but they cant get our domain? No doesnt sound right so i think its all good.

•••
Originally posted by DSL
No but the government can....

some govt like .ws need the money. they have not much use for generics or fancifull 2digit/character names. for themselves

they just sell it to the world mad on
"virtual land", especially crazed, coffee drinking oogling domaineers
like some NPM:lol:

Last edited:
•••
In my country the laws allow foreign investors to trade in shares and other financial investments but there are restrictions to protect the domestic investors.

Likewise if the domain registrant is a non-citizen then there should be a cap on the resale price and use of the domain. It would solve a lot of speculative squatting on country domains.

Last edited:
•••
•••
looks like its a close one but i agree its fine

•••
Originally posted by Elefekt
absolutely not. Hey its there money and its all about business. The US gets goods from china and the orient but they cant get our domain? No doesnt sound right so i think its all good.

boycott goods form China, stop buying Japanese sounding Name autos, bann European European goods
especially those from UK;)

US for US only: Long live Amerika.!!! kick those #@%#@ refugees and illegal immigrants
back to mexico, china wahtwever!!!!!

.US for US legit CXITIZENs. non US not allow to TRade. (that goes for AMERICAN STOCKS too)

•••
.us is open to anyone doing business in the us and anyone who lives in the us

stop moaning just cuz people beet you to sex.us

•••
Originally posted by parked.com
.us is open to anyone doing business in the us and anyone who lives in the us

stop moaning just cuz people beet you to sex.us
hurray for the KIWIs:gn:

•••
Originally posted by redhippo
bann European European goods
especially those from UK;)

:lol:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back