Payoneer

Do you think I am ok with Frontierbanking.com?

Discussion in 'Legal Discussion' started by Newhat, Feb 13, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. Newhat

Newhat New Member

I researched all I could and found no reason not to buy Frontierbanking.com. I am kind of new to all of this so I am wondering if anyone could come up with possible issues I may have reselling this domain? Thanks in advance for any replies.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. sharfab

sharfab Established Member

https://www.frontbank.com/

3. Newhat

Newhat New Member

I am a little confused. There appears to be more than one Frontier Bank website (maybe they are all affiliated?), and I did not find and TM issues when I searched the USPTO. Is it just a case of being better off safe than sorry or is there clear infringement? Either way, I will get rid of the domain.

4. sharfab

sharfab Established Member

When I search a domain name for trademark infringement I always like to Google the name as well. When you take a look at the results in Google for that domain name you will see there are different websites with that name, along with a few of those Banks being sold to Union Bank and one of them being permanently closed down by the federal courts for FDIC violations.

5. Chris Wright

Chris Wright NameOpps.com VIP

I doubt if you'll find a buyer for this domain.
    There are about 6 or 7 Frontier Banks with state or regional trademarks. They would have all been good prospects.

(If there was a nationwide Frontier Bank, you'd be on paper-thin ice, trademark wise.)

If it was FrontierBank.com, you'd be in the sweet spot.
    Since your domain has the -ing it's swamp land. Banks are notorious cheapskates and your domain is close, but it's just not there.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!