IT.COM

opinion Do you recommend submitting domains for NamesCon 2020 auction?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

vikki88

Established Member
Impact
  • Is there a very big opportunity I am missing, if I don't submit my domains ?
  • As a beginner in the domain industry SHOULD I submit my domain ?
I have just brushed through the terms and conditions of the rotd which made me skeptical of submitting my domain and so here I am creating this thread.

Your advice would be really appreciated :xf.smile:

Thank you.

(If I miss out anything obvious, sorry in advance)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It depends on the quality of your names, if they arent good names, they wont be accepted.

•••
I wouldn't get too excited on posting but I felt previous sales were bargains.

•••
I think 2019 was a blowout. I think 2020 will be the same. I think the terms put on the sellers are also very onerous. I won't be particpating this time, and probably never again.

•••
On my desk is a shortlist of domains we think will fetch 5 figures to submit for this years auction, there are 14 currently, but based on prices realised in 2019 vs expectations, I will be setting reserves on any we do submit.

I was very surprised at the inclusion of some of the names for the at-NamesCon live auction in 2019, I felt there were better names in the extended online list, but I know it's about what's in flavour, how long the auction can stay in the room and far-more-expert-than-me opinion :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back