IT.COM

Do you list your names for sale immediately after registration?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kuffy

Name StagTop Member
Impact
I'm coming to the conclusion that it would be better for me to do this, rather than ending up with a load of half completed sites. Of course I get the odd purchase enquiry, and then I have to decide if I want to abandon the "work in progress".

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
no
but should do that,bcoz we don't at what time right end user will knock

•••
•••
•••
Yes. Every domain I buy is for sale on Afternic or elsewhere the minute it reaches my account.

•••
Thanks for all the replies. The sensible move would seem to be to list everything until you get round to some serious development. " make offer " for most of them, and BIN for names that you want to flip.

•••
Thanks for all the replies. The sensible move would seem to be to list everything until you get round to some serious development. " make offer " for most of them, and BIN for names that you want to flip.

Yes, that's what I do.

•••
Like was said above...as soon as it hits my account it is listed. Until I get the chance to determine a BIN it has a rental rate between 10 and 150 a month with a 6 month cap.

•••
Generally trying to speculate years ahead. Everything of course is always for sale but my target audience isn't on a new name. Just like if a name is expiring it may sell with over a year to go but with a couple of months to go buyers will await your decision to renew.

•••
yes, Bodis lander with make offer!

•••
yes, Efty .....just contact form/make offer but NO BIN.

•••
Yes.

Always list for sale after a buy. Always use BIN.

•••
YES.

As Fast As Possible. But hold good domain name is also a good choice.

•••
Generally trying to speculate years ahead. Everything of course is always for sale but my target audience isn't on a new name. Just like if a name is expiring it may sell with over a year to go but with a couple of months to go buyers will await your decision to renew.

Great comments,
re-examining your original drive to register a domain years later, will occasionally throw-up some real surprises (as one of my .co.uk sale last week) and a few more the same

If you've got the mindset 'stick-with-it'
Domains are about Speculation. If your trying to speculate about what's already inplay - your far to late.

developing domains is a different game - you can't mix the two outlooks, as if they're the same

Last edited:
•••
The 60 day lock down is super annoying. I could only list them on undeveloped and make offer on afternic.

•••
Yes, mainly because if I don't do it right after the purchase, I likely won't remember to do it for a long time - especially given how many different sites for selling there are.

•••
•••
I generally list them right away. With the 60 day ICANN limit, I try to make clear right off to any potential buyer. If a name is registered at Namecheap, I list it on their marketplace which automates push to a new owner account there and the 60 day rule is not a problem.

I usually do list a BIN price. Normally my first cycle price will be a reasonable price I hope to get, and if no nibbles after a bit of time I reduce it (and then reduce a lot if it approaches expiry and I don't plan to renew).

Some domains (mainly technology related) that I expect to be more valuable in long term I register for multiple years, and in those cases although I do list them for sale, stay firm at the BIN usually.

Thanks for the interesting question, and all of the responses.

•••
I usually do list a BIN price. Normally my first cycle price will be a reasonable price I hope to get, and if no nibbles after a bit of time I reduce it (and then reduce a lot if it approaches expiry and I don't plan to renew)..

Some names I approach the other way round. If I think it is good for a quick flip, then I'll list the name at a low price (sometimes as low as $25), and do some research later. If I think it is worth more based on my findings, then I'll try a variety of marketing ploys, and I'll increase the price. The quick flips are really to help me build my investment in Bitcoin, and I know I've undersold a few of them.

•••
Yes!

Any name we reg as a likely name for sale gets put up for sale same day, ASAP.

Acquired 5 names this week and each was listed " for sale " within an hour of purchase confirmation and, all files I use for their specific data storage completed too, ASAP.

And if acquire a name / s for use as re-directs also set 'em up same day, ASAP.

•••
Yes right after purchase list on landing page and up to two marketplaces with no buy it now price

•••
•••
Like others mentioned -- as soon as it hits my account, I set it up at my online market place (Landing page is Efty but I also update my marketplace at ToughDomains)

•••
Yes, I do as well. With BIN.

Last edited:
•••
Back