IT.COM

debate Do You Buy Typo Names?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Do You Buy Typo Names?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    56.3%
  • No

votes
    37.5%
  • I used to but parking is dead.

vote
    6.3%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

I am interested to know if you buy typo domain names?

The market for typo domains used to be high when parking revenue was higher back in late 2000 - 2010, we also used to have domain tasting too, so we could check out domain name traffic before deciding to keep a domain or send it back to the registry.

So if you are buying Typo domain names, what are you buying and what are you doing with them, if you used to buy typo domains, have you dropped these?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
do u mean brandables? yes we reg them

Actula.com could be a great brand
Snaekers.com ae as a logo
Pelecan.com (archaic dictionary)
Warroir.com NameFind Godaddy owns Warroirs.com
Byeond.com I just like this one

Last edited:
•••
No, they’re typos not brandables

I dislike the ones with extra letter at end most

i do admit some sell, and for good prices.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
It depends as far as I am concerned.

There is the case of where a two or three word domain is concerned there are instances in which a typo 'might' be attractive, such as an example the domain name 'FearlessSheila' ('fearlesssheila'), in this instance dropping one of the 's' might be OK ('fearlessheila') , and especially if the term is highly commercial and the domain in question is already registered and the aftermarket price of the domain is extremely high.

Then there is the consideration of wrongly ordered letters in a spelling, this is particularly the case where the 'i' and the 'e' are reversed from the correct spelling of the word.

Of course you also have the case where letters can be replaced with a letter of similar pronunciation, 'c' and 'k', or 's' and 'z', are examples here.

Of course we also have in modern use the replacement of a letter or indeed a whole syllable by a number, think of the number '1' for 'l', or '3' for 'e', '4' for 'for'/'fore', '8' for 'ate'.

Yet another area is missing out letters altogether, this normally is in relation to vowels.

It also depends if the proposed marketing/advertising of the product in question. If the marketing/advertising campaign is going to be mainly internet or paper media print then the lettering can be played around with, letters can be mixed up quite a bit, but there are specific rules of thumb on what the human mind generally decodes from mixed up spellings of words (neither the first or last letter should be changed, and changes in letter order should remain within each syllable, etc..), but these are very nuanced in their effective use.

Truth is though that I would generally register a 'typo' myself rather than buy one - unless I specifically needed it or saw real value in it. (I have voted 'yes' because I might do.)

Last edited:
•••
do u mean brandables? yes we reg them

Actula.com could be a great brand
Snaekers.com ae as a logo
Pelecan.com (archaic dictionary)
Warroir.com NameFind Godaddy owns Warroirs.com
Byeond.com I just like this one

These are β€œbrandables” XD IMO

β€œTypo” to me is something like;

β€œHelloo”
β€œHoldingg”
β€œEnjoyy”

Extra letter in end, makes it worth $0 for me.
Ty for not investin in my definition of typos” XD
have no problem with urs, only extra letter end

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back