NameSilo

status-monitor Selling typo domains on NamePros

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Should there be a disclaimer on the typo domains sales thread?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    85.7%
  • No

vote
    14.3%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Domainscoop.com

Established Member
Impact
Hello Everyone,

I see so many people (new members) selling typo domains, I think it would be great if Seller add disclaimers that this is typo domain that you are bidding on.

I Feel like most of these Sales thread by sellers looking for a sucker who may "Misread" for example, Skyrock vs sykrock. I know its duty of bidders to see, but putting a disclaimer that it is typo domain saves both the seller and buyer time.

Example: Seller KNOW really well they are selling typo domain, BUYER (most of the times) DONT know they are bidding on typo domain, until either up to pushing the domain itself, or after bidding.

Why hide it , just be genuine and let them know ahead of time, rather than eating up someone money, if someone really wants to buy it they will bid. Why hide?

Has it happened to you, that you placed a bid on typo domain, that you would not otherwise, because you thought it was the right spellings.

@QuantumFlux

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
While the buyer should always be keen of what they are buying, it would be in good faith for sellers to disclaim when selling a misspelled domain. Unless for traffic purposes or unique brandable scenarios, the only time I see misspelled names being sold is when the seller is generally ignorant to the name or hoping the buyer is.

•••
While the buyer should always be keen of what they are buying, it would be in good faith for sellers to disclaim when selling a misspelled domain. Unless for traffic purposes or unique brandable scenarios, the only time I see misspelled names being sold is when the seller is generally ignorant to the name or hoping the buyer is.

Most of these sales thread, "usually looking for sucker", usually when there are traffic typo names, they are most of the time posted under traffic names, or it is usually disclosed that such or so domain is typo and getting traffic for that reason.

i agree with your statement fully.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back