NameSilo

Sedo ban my account...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

70ym

Established Member
Impact
I sold a $20 domain on sedo.
I push the domain to sedo account on namebright.
Sedo accept the push and the whois information change to sedo.
Then sedo ask me to renew the domain since the domain is in renew grace period.
According to sedo's Purchase and Sales Agreement, I have transfer the domain to sedo. And it dont need to renew for transfer out.
So I reject to renew the domain. Then sedo deactive all my listing on sedo and ask me to renew the domain.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I sold a $20 domain on sedo.
I push the domain to sedo account on namebright.
Sedo accept the push and the whois information change to sedo.
Then sedo ask me to renew the domain since the domain is in renew grace period.
According to sedo's Purchase and Sales Agreement, I have transfer the domain to sedo. And it dont need to renew for transfer out.
So I reject to renew the domain. Then sedo deactive all my listing on sedo and ask me to renew the domain.
This is part of Sedo TOS - Domain Marketplace Agreement:

"4.2.3 (b) Should the registration of a Domain that is the subject of a purchase and sale transaction be in risk of expiring with its relevant registrar, or if the expiration date lies within the next sixty (60) days from the date when an agreement is made for the purchase and sale of the Domain, Seller agrees to renew the Domain’s annual registration and is solely responsible for any costs or fees associated with such renewal. Buyer and Seller are each respectively responsible for any related fees charged by his/her registrar and/or service provider."

But it would have been better if Sedo had asked you to renew the domain before the push to Sedo happened.

Last edited:
•••

"4.2.3 (b) Should the registration of a Domain that is the subject of a purchase and sale transaction be in risk of expiring with its relevant registrar, or if the expiration date lies within the next sixty (60) days from the date when an agreement is made for the purchase and sale of the Domain, Seller agrees to renew the Domain’s annual registration and is solely responsible for any costs or fees associated with such renewal. Buyer and Seller are each respectively responsible for any related fees charged by his/her registrar and/or service provider."

But it would have been better if Sedo had asked you to renew the domain before the push to Sedo happened.
I would like to transfer the domain to renew since it would be cheaper. Although the domain can not be transfer to the buyer for 60 days, but I think it would not against sedo TOS right?

•••
I would like to transfer the domain to renew since it would be cheaper. Although the domain can not be transfer to the buyer for 60 days, but I think it would not against sedo TOS right?
I think you're no longer in control of the domain, so you cannot do this anymore.

•••
I think you're no longer in control of the domain, so you cannot do this anymore.
Sedo ask me to provide the namebright account. I think I can do it.

•••
If I renew the domain, the buyer still need to transfer the domain again.
Sedo just does not care about buyer and seller. The worst marketplce.

•••

Sedo just does not care about buyer and seller. The worst marketplce.
Hi

if you cared enough to read the TOS, prior to listing your names there,
then perhaps your viewpoint would be different.

just saying....

imo...

•••
I just sold a name from Afternic yesterday and the expiration date was yesterday.
I renewed the name before giving the auth code to afternic.
It's only a couple of dollars why getting yourself into trouble?

•••
I just sold a name from Afternic yesterday and the expiration date was yesterday.
I renewed the name before giving the auth code to afternic.
It's only a couple of dollars why getting yourself into trouble?
I dont think more than half of the income is a couple of dollars.
I only get $17 for this sale. I am a wholesale seller, the profit of more than 80% of my sale is less than the renew fee. And it is meaningless that you renew the domain since your renew will be cancel after transfer out, and you will not get refund for the renew fee.

•••
I dont think more than half of the income is a couple of dollars.
I only get $17 for this sale. I am a wholesale seller, the profit of more than 80% of my sale is less than the renew fee. And it is meaningless that you renew the domain since your renew will be cancel after transfer out, and you will not get refund for the renew fee.
Being blocked by the major marketplaces is more expensive for you.

I'd reconsider your business strategy.

•••
Being blocked by the major marketplaces is more expensive for you.

I'd reconsider your business strategy.
I am full-time domainer for more than 10 years. Sedo is less than 1% of my sale. The profit of most of my sale on Sedo is less than 10% and sedo always charge 20% fee. Sedo lose more for ban me. Of course Sedo doesn't care.

•••
I am full-time domainer for more than 10 years. Sedo is less than 1% of my sale. The profit of most of my sale on Sedo is less than 10% and sedo always charge 20% fee. Sedo lose more for ban me. Of course Sedo doesn't care.

Then don't use Sedo.

I really see no point in opening this thread also, based on your explanations.

•••
Hi

just saying....

imo...
If sedo care about buyer, sedo should ask the buyer if he
Hi

just saying....

imo...
If Sedo care about customer, he should ask the buyer if he willing to transfer or not first. But instead of doing that, sedo just ban my account.

•••
Then don't use Sedo.

I really see no point in opening this thread also, based on your explanations.
They're letting people know about Sedos trash ToS, obviously.

Just another way for the big guy to have the upper hand. Anyone buying a domain should do a bit of research on it first, especially checking the expiration date on a second hand sale.

I'd just please Sedo for now, do what they ask, and list your domains higher on their platform, maybe let them know of that as well, after this is all settled.

Good luck!

•••
I think that reading the TOS would have answered all of your questions prior to you transferring the domain name. And its not just you, it seems to be a common thing with some domainers. And as a result of that you now inherent some of the fault. From what you mentioned, you seem to be pretty steady in selling your names wholesale on SEDO. As one OP stated in his above comment why not change your business strategy so that it corresponds to the rules and policy of the marketplace. Of course it is also your right not to choose to do business with SEDO, however weigh your options and the feasibility of breaking ties from a business who you said gives you less than 1% of your sales. At the end of the day, less than 1% can be adequate money especially on a day when there are no sales or when sales are slow. Having less than 1% is always better than having zero.

•••
I think that reading the TOS would have answered all of your questions prior to you transferring the domain name. And its not just you, it seems to be a common thing with some domainers. And as a result of that you now inherent some of the fault. From what you mentioned, you seem to be pretty steady in selling your names wholesale on SEDO. As one OP stated in his above comment why not change your business strategy so that it corresponds to the rules and policy of the marketplace. Of course it is also your right not to choose to do business with SEDO, however weigh your options and the feasibility of breaking ties from a business who you said gives you less than 1% of your sales. At the end of the day, less than 1% can be adequate money especially on a day when there are no sales or when sales are slow. Having less than 1% is always better than having zero.
I think buyer's opinion is important than this unresonable tos. If the buyer want to transfer the domain or get the domain as soon as possible, then renew the domain before transfer is meaningless.

But instead of asking buyer's opinion first, Sedo just ban my account.

I also use squadhelp even I have 0 sale until now.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back