IT.COM

advice Do I own this domain??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Oisin Walsh

Impact
Hi guys, looking for a bit of advice here.

I purchased a domain in December of last year. I purchased it directly from a reputable registrar.

I haven't had the need to use it, until now. So I decided to transfer it to a different hosting company, which I use for all of my hosting.

I provided the EPP and all necessary details, but the transfer failed multiple times.

I then started looking through WHOIS records for this domain that I purchased last year, and it appears that this domain is registered to somebody else and has been since 1998. But my account shows me as owning this domain.

How could this happen? I have the invoice for registering the domain.

Do I own it or not? What are my rights here?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Set the nameservers of the domain to your host. This will tell you if you control the domain if it resolves or not. You can also contact support at the registrar of record.

•••
Thanks for replying.

The nameservers are pointing to my host. But this is not reflected in the WHOIS record. Not looking good!

•••
At which registrar?
Buy domain name must go to big register business, some small register business is false, other domain name is in the seller account all the time, what show in your account is false image only

•••
The nameservers are pointing to my host. But this is not reflected in the WHOIS record. Not looking good!
Are you checking the authoritive WHOIS for that tld ? Most errors of this type are users looking at cached/3rd-party data not the real whois.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back