IT.COM

Discuss your Epik Experience!

Spaceship
Watch

dande

Premium DomainsTop Member
Impact
I think Epik is building the best ever Domain Lander in the history of domaining, and it really needs to be talked about extensively. That's why I am creating this discussion thread. A lot of thought process really goes into the project. And I can see (for the first time) a landing page that is built from the stand point of domainers rather than for just the marketplace itself.

Everything you have ever dreamt of getting or seeing in a professional landing page can be found in the new Epik marketplace landing page design.

Some of my Favorites Features:

1. The ability to optimize your "domain for sale" landing page to actually rank on Google, displaying your sales pitch/domain description. I just did that with few of my generic domain names such as ASAP.TV, targeting certain keywords, and they are showing pretty well on Google. That's a huge plus in my marketing effort.

2. Being able to change background image is another huge one for me. If you are good with pictures and images, you will surely find this very useful. I did that with Nagasaki.org and the result was truly amazing, showing the city of Nagasaki right at the background.

There are too many positive features and I don't want to mention all of them, all alone :xf.grin::xf.grin:

So I am leaving you guys to share and discuss what you loves most or dislike about the new Epik marketplace and the landing pages.

The only negative for me is the checkout process. There are too many terms and conditions buttons to tick before checking out. It will be nice if they can streamline those into one beautiful big button :xf.cool:

They also need to place the checkout button directly under the payment options. Right now it is awkwardly place somewhere below at the sidebar, which I don't find cool at all.

Sales experience is also welcomed in this discussion. I haven't had any sells so far at Epik because I started using the marketplace just recently, but the future is looking so bright.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Rob, bottleneck is BEFORE page loading starts...

That sounds like localized issue with Anycast DNS resolver. We'll have @Miao and @vitigo review. We actually just signed up this morning for this service:

https://www.dnsperf.com/

They have 300 POPs so that will give us a really good sense of how the DNS is performing around the world.

DNS is absolutely core and mission critical. It will not be outsourced and must be resilient and world class.

•••
I guess, your BitMitigate must be benchmarked as well...

Last edited:
•••
I guess, your BitMitigate must be benchmarked as well...

The CDN is constantly being benchmarked and monitored. We view this technology as also mission critical for digital resiliency. It is core because it gives a few things:

1. The ability to conceal origin IPs which is essential for security -- I suspect some OVH Strasbourg customers found this out the hard way but I digress...

2. The ability to optimize network paths while encrypting data from end to end, including proprietary VPN for encryption at origin.

3. The ability to filter or avert malicious code, surveillance code, packet sniffing, etc.

Also, as the future Toki.com project takes root, you could imagine a scenario where there might be potential for millions of CDN nodes. That is the other reason why CDN is core.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
I already had even a few NXDOMAIN errors...
So ~95% that bottleneck is DNS related.

•••
this was my first renewals now..

so am I seeing right and basically epik is quickest of all registrars to remove our expired names from panel...disallow transfer out..and tag redemption fee to renew or restore...and all this after a record (in a bad way) 15 days past expiry? someone confirm. ty.

p.s. or does at least unlocking them before that and getting auth codes let me transfer them out after?

Wow, this is ridiculous - I can't believe it, Fabulous has 30 days then auction and if they sell they share profit.
Time to move back to Fabulous (NEVER had problem with them)

•••
My Epik account was reconfigured to 30 days per my request.
I can freely unlock and get AUTH codes.

•••
If they give "domain investor" prices, why don't they attach 30 days to go along with that?

•••
Hello,

Epik obviously is the best registrar in industry. but need some explanations regarding transferring recent renewed domains.

1 year of renewal lost if you transferring recently expired and renewed domains to go daddy only or for all registrars?

The domain was expired and renewed on the next day, after transferred to go daddy (buyer request) 1 year of renewal was canceled (he was angry). can i get a refund?

Invoice #2726103

Thank you

Last edited:
•••
Hello,

Epik obviously is the best registrar in industry. but need some explanations regarding transferring recent renewed domains.

1 year of renewal lost if you transferring recently expired and renewed domains to go daddy only or for all registrars?

The domain was expired and renewed on the next day, after transferred to go daddy 1 year of renewal was canceled. can i get a refund?

Invoice #2726103

Thank you

We’ll look into your case today and revert on the case of transfers during grace renewal. I believe there is something unique happening there where the receiving registrar is supposed to add a year but then does not.

Last edited:
•••
•••
And in Autorenew Grace Period (AGP) you can freely transfer-out.
Manual renewal is not required at all.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I have done another epik escrow transaction this week. Again, super fast, smooth and hassle free! From beginning to end.
They use Transferwise and is just amazing, the funds are transferred to your bank instantly. (y)
By the way, Epik support is always there 24 hours a day. Congrats to Epik for the level of excellence on their services!

Last edited:
•••
Do you receive 2nd bid after your counter offer for domains listed and parked on Epik?
For me - it never works... Over 1 year already - initial offer is always the last.

•••
Do you receive 2nd bid after your counter offer for domains listed and parked on Epik?
For me - it never works... Over 1 year already - initial offer is always the last.

Absolutely -- lots of CRM banter between buyer and sell. We see it all the time. It helps a lot if you submit a personalized message in your counter so that people know they are replying to a real person. We don't censor your texts either, e.g. if you want to include a phone number, email or what not.

•••
I send internal messages as well - and no 2nd bid, no reply.
Just always silence.

•••
Do you verify the buyer's email?
Or they can send offers without any verification?

•••
Do you verify the buyer's email?
Or they can send offers without any verification?

I did a test offer with you and it is all working as normal.

The party making the offer has the option of verifying their email. This is what it looks like:

upload_2021-3-14_12-22-55.png

The process is relatively frictionless. The email verification step does not require a login.

•••
Yes, I have received your 2nd bid.
So technically it works with Epik team.

But from external visitors (who use Epik system for the 1st time) I never receive any 2nd bids or internal messages.
Very strangely...

Last edited:
•••
Yes, I have received your 2nd bid.
So technically it works with Epik team.

But from external visitors (who use Epik system for the 1st time) I never receive any 2nd bids or internal messages.
Very strangely...

Nonsense. It works fine. I engaged with you as a non-registered user for the purposes of your test:

upload_2021-3-14_12-31-48.png

The plumbing of the CRM works fine. I am all for continuous improvement but the CRM workflow is not the root cause of why you are not getting frequent replies.

•••
Thank you.

It is not related to my bidding strategy.
And very often I just reply to the buyer without any counter offer, just message - but it doesn't help as well.

•••
Thank you.

It is not related to my bidding strategy.
And very often I just reply to the buyer without any counter offer, just message - but it doesn't help as well.

Happy to help you close deals. I don't mind helping there -- do it all day for others.

•••
I have asked because such abnormal silence happens with me only on Epik...
I also use Sedo and DAN in the same manner and strategy.

OK, thanks again!

•••
I've had a recent exchange with a person who made an offer and it worked well.

Unfortunately, it didn't result in a sale but I can confirm it is fully functional.

But, on the flip side, I did have another offer that I accepted which did NOT get sent right away so the person making the offer thought I was ignoring him and sent another message.

I had to contact support to get it fixed which they did right away and the domain was sold :)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back