Dynadot

Discuss your Epik Experience!

NameSilo
Watch

dande

Premium DomainsTop Member
Impact
I think Epik is building the best ever Domain Lander in the history of domaining, and it really needs to be talked about extensively. That's why I am creating this discussion thread. A lot of thought process really goes into the project. And I can see (for the first time) a landing page that is built from the stand point of domainers rather than for just the marketplace itself.

Everything you have ever dreamt of getting or seeing in a professional landing page can be found in the new Epik marketplace landing page design.

Some of my Favorites Features:

1. The ability to optimize your "domain for sale" landing page to actually rank on Google, displaying your sales pitch/domain description. I just did that with few of my generic domain names such as ASAP.TV, targeting certain keywords, and they are showing pretty well on Google. That's a huge plus in my marketing effort.

2. Being able to change background image is another huge one for me. If you are good with pictures and images, you will surely find this very useful. I did that with Nagasaki.org and the result was truly amazing, showing the city of Nagasaki right at the background.

There are too many positive features and I don't want to mention all of them, all alone :xf.grin::xf.grin:

So I am leaving you guys to share and discuss what you loves most or dislike about the new Epik marketplace and the landing pages.

The only negative for me is the checkout process. There are too many terms and conditions buttons to tick before checking out. It will be nice if they can streamline those into one beautiful big button :xf.cool:

They also need to place the checkout button directly under the payment options. Right now it is awkwardly place somewhere below at the sidebar, which I don't find cool at all.

Sales experience is also welcomed in this discussion. I haven't had any sells so far at Epik because I started using the marketplace just recently, but the future is looking so bright.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Week is about to end. Is there Any update on this? Unfortunately i don’t see any progress on it. The landing page still shows wrong default currency. I want it to be USD by default from anywhere. Ability to set currency as per the domain. Dan have done it. Don’t see any reason why epik won’t. Which such delay on this?

Some major engineering deliverables are under way in the countdown to NamesCon. The footprint of domain-related brands is captured in the footer of the attached print media.

The redesign of the SSL landers is mainly being driven by some excellent consolidated input from @BuyBrandWeb.com (aka Praveen) who has has given us some good input on CRM as well.

I will see if @Ala Dadan can provide some design reviews of the modified default layout of the SSL landers in order to get some last input before it goes into production.

Rest assured that nobody's input was being ignored. The development pace is accelerating but also more structured, resulting in greater progress, without disruption and closer to perfection.

Epik at a glance.png

•••
I enable LiveChat widget only for BIN domains...

•••
UniRegistry Market has option in their settings to assign CC/PayPal processing fee to the buyer...
On Sedo it is on the buyer by default.
Do you plan the same policy?

Last edited:
•••
UniRegistry Market has option in their settings to assign CC/PayPal processing fee to the buyer...
On Sedo it is on the buyer by default.
Do you plan the same?

The escrow workflow has that now.

http://escrow.epik.com/

Buyer, Seller or Split.

The marketplace may move to dynamic commission where the commission is lower depending on the buyer's payment method.

By now you should be start to see the pattern:

If it can be free, it will be free.

- Free WHOIS privacy
- Free forwarding
- Free Wordpress
- Free SSL certificates
- Free escrow
- Free domain management
- Free landing pages
- Free domain finding tools (e.g. NameInvestors.com)
- Free appraisals and fairness opinions
- Free custom marketplace and domain store

As for the lander pricing, you know my general advice is to use "Make Offer":

https://www.namepros.com/threads/yall-wanna-shoot-the-moon.1162085/

But for those who insist on using BIN pricing, which is fine, assume that your buyer is going to use a credit card or PayPal. The 9% is not even a tip at a restaurant and INCLUDES payment processing.

So, thanks for using Epik. There are no NASCAR sponsorships in our future. Instead, we'll keep driving the value and finding the efficiencies as we scale.

•••
I understand... my question is about Epik Marketplace...
In other words, strict 9% marketplace fee with 0% withdrawal for sellers regardless of the buyer's payment method.

•••
I understand... my question is about Epik Marketplace...
In other words, strict 9% marketplace fee with 0% withdrawal for sellers regardless of the buyer's payment method.

Yes, that is where we are at right now. We think it is great value.

If you close the deal yourself, you can always use Epik escrow and save a bit if the transaction is large enough to justify the buyer wanting to pay via wire or BTC.

However, for folks who just want to conveniently one-click accept an offer and let us chase the prospect until they complete the purchase, 9% all-inclusive is a bargain.

Last edited:
•••
Regarding wire fees for EUR payouts... just additional information...
I recently received it to my bank from Dan without any loss at all... strict sum after their commission...
FREE wire in other words. It was a surprise for me...
They use AMRO bank...

•••
Regarding wire fees for EUR payouts... just additional information...
I recently received it to my bank from Dan without any loss at all... strict sum after their commission...
FREE wire in other words. It was a surprise for me...
They use AMRO bank...

Juergen - We do IBAN transfers now for 0.63 Euro. It is pretty close to free and almost instant. Transferwise has been a game-changer there. Waiting for Revolut to be legal in USA.

•••
Thanks.
Probably, this is a reason... IBAN...
Ukrainian banks switched to IBAN just few months ago... Previously was only legacy SWIFT.

•••
Bounce.io MX and TXT records still appear when I park my domains on Epik lander...
Please remove them from your default DNS template...

•••
Bounce.io MX and TXT records still appear when I park my domains on Epik lander...
Please remove them from your default DNS template...

Code update coming with the next code release. We tend not to do major code releases on Friday if we can avoid it. This was a non-emergency so it waits for code release on the normal schedule which is typically biweekly sprints.

•••
Can you list TLDs where Epik acts as TRUE backorder?
Not just something like 1 request hourly to the corresponding Registry...

•••
•••
Can you list TLDs where Epik acts as TRUE backorder?
Not just something like 1 request hourly to the corresponding Registry...

Sure, will compile that list asap -- good idea. @Sufyan Alani @vitigo

As for backorders, it is definitely working. You might hear a testimonial from this guy who completed a mid-4 figure domain sale today and recounted his success with backordering.

upload_2020-1-17_18-10-27.png

There are some solid mid-market drops to be had including .com at $8.49 all-inclusive for NP members.

•••
•••
•••
escrow.epik.com :

1) Title: "We accept Crypto, Bitcoin Credit cards, Wire transfer, Bank Deposit, Paypal"
Missed comma after "bitcoin".

2) List of currencies: KPW - Korea (North), impossible to be acceped by U.S. based business. May also be the case with SYP (Syria Pound). And, in case of Panama, PAB (Balboa) is for official documents only, as USD are in circulation - cash, banks, etc.
Also - LVL":"Latvia Lat" and "LTL":"Lithuania Litas": replaced by EUROs already!

3) The main text - I started reading it this way : "Epik Escrow - a domain escrow service that doesn't hold the domain". Not a good impression. Negativity was initially applied to Epik.

4) Too many warnings in https://validator.w3.org/check?uri=escrow.epik.com&charset=(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0
nothing critical though

Last edited:
•••
Also - LVL":"Latvia Lat" and "LTL":"Lithuania Litas": replaced by EUROs already!
:xf.grin:
Maybe Epik can accept old coins and banknotes that their central banks stopped accepting 10 years ago... In exchange for domains ))

•••
An UI request: Is it possible to make domain deletion from the portfolio not with five clicks like now but only with say two? Delete and Confirm, would be enough and save some time and effort. Thanks ))

•••
An UI request: Is it possible to make domain deletion from the portfolio not with five clicks like now but only with say two? Delete and Confirm, would be enough and save some time and effort. Thanks ))
We have raised one feature for this, to have direct Remove button in one of the columns in 'Registrar' page. Our Dev team will see the possibility of adding that option which eliminates navigating to menu and remove domain

Thanks,
Sumeeth

•••
We have raised one feature for this, to have direct Remove button in one of the columns in 'Registrar' page. Our Dev team will see the possibility of adding that option which eliminates navigating to menu and remove domain

@Ala Dadan , can you please check the possibility of #73197 feature in ticketing system raised a UI change last week for easy Remove option as suggested by @golan

Thanks,
Sumeeth

•••
After redirect to Epik main page via Affiliate URL - AffID is displayed in the address bar...
It is better to not show it... just cookie is enough...

•••
Speaking about affid, such a linking structire would mean ~50% of visitors undelivered due to adblock (or, in the best case, not tracked). Replacing it with something neutral like " epik .com / blah-blah " where blah-blah is actually affiliate username would be better. After such a redirect, there should be cookie placed and another redirect to root index should happen. It can possibly be achieved on webserver config level (.htaccess - style "tricks": rewrite rules and the like)

•••
After such a redirect, there should be cookie placed and another redirect to root index should happen. It can possibly be achieved on webserver config level (.htaccess - style "tricks": rewrite rules and the like)
Yes, this method is primary for most Affiliate Programs...

•••
:xf.grin:
Maybe Epik can accept old coins and banknotes that their central banks stopped accepting 10 years ago... In exchange for domains ))
I have some old shells I'd like to trade...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back