Dynadot

Discuss your Epik Experience!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dande

Premium DomainsTop Member
Impact
I think Epik is building the best ever Domain Lander in the history of domaining, and it really needs to be talked about extensively. That's why I am creating this discussion thread. A lot of thought process really goes into the project. And I can see (for the first time) a landing page that is built from the stand point of domainers rather than for just the marketplace itself.

Everything you have ever dreamt of getting or seeing in a professional landing page can be found in the new Epik marketplace landing page design.

Some of my Favorites Features:

1. The ability to optimize your "domain for sale" landing page to actually rank on Google, displaying your sales pitch/domain description. I just did that with few of my generic domain names such as ASAP.TV, targeting certain keywords, and they are showing pretty well on Google. That's a huge plus in my marketing effort.

2. Being able to change background image is another huge one for me. If you are good with pictures and images, you will surely find this very useful. I did that with Nagasaki.org and the result was truly amazing, showing the city of Nagasaki right at the background.

There are too many positive features and I don't want to mention all of them, all alone :xf.grin::xf.grin:

So I am leaving you guys to share and discuss what you loves most or dislike about the new Epik marketplace and the landing pages.

The only negative for me is the checkout process. There are too many terms and conditions buttons to tick before checking out. It will be nice if they can streamline those into one beautiful big button :xf.cool:

They also need to place the checkout button directly under the payment options. Right now it is awkwardly place somewhere below at the sidebar, which I don't find cool at all.

Sales experience is also welcomed in this discussion. I haven't had any sells so far at Epik because I started using the marketplace just recently, but the future is looking so bright.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Does Epik not allow to list .in domains in the Marketplace anymore? I tried listing some (registered at Epik), but it was not possible.

•••
Can someone tell me specifics on the masterbucks

how to use and how to withdraw specifically. I don’t see any direct step by step regarding domain sales.

•••
Can someone tell me specifics on the masterbucks

how to use and how to withdraw specifically. I don’t see any direct step by step regarding domain sales.
Sure.
When a domain sells at Epik, the funds are deposited into your masterbucks account (same login as on Epik.com)
https://www.masterbucks.com/

Regarding your withdrawal, it can be done in 2 steps :
- First, add your payment settings (How would you like to be paid) from here : https://www.masterbucks.com/accounts/payment_settings/
- And then, request the withdrawal from here : https://www.masterbucks.com/ledger/withdraw/

Depending on the payment method, the request will be treated more or less quickly. (E.g bank transfers during the weekend)

Hope it helps,
Gube

•••
When a domain sells at Epik, the funds are deposited into your masterbucks account (same login as on Epik.com)
https://www.masterbucks.com/

I think I read that I can spend MasterBucks at Sedo and Afternic. How do I do that? Also is there an option to spend MasterBucks at GoDaddy?

•••
I think I read that I can spend MasterBucks at Sedo and Afternic. How do I do that? Also is there an option to spend MasterBucks at GoDaddy?
This is not yet possible automatically, but our team can likely add funds to partner sites.
In that case, please contact us via Epik.com or reach out to our support by email :)

Gube

•••
Does Epik not allow to list .in domains in the Marketplace anymore? I tried listing some (registered at Epik), but it was not possible.

Maybe one of the Epik employees here could answer my question? Or
@Rob Monster himself?

Last edited:
•••
Maybe one of the many Epik employees here could answer my question? Or
@Rob Monster himself?

Dear @Embrand,

First of all, Happy New Year -- you are ahead of me here in the Americas.

As for .IN domains, since we became fully accredited for .IN we are no longer able to feature domains for the .IN strings in affiliated marketplaces. It is grounds for losing the accreditation. I realize it seems really weird. I would say I don't get it, but it is their rule and they are strictly enforcing that rule.

Where I do expect us to make a move in January 2020 is to release the long-awaited WHOQ.com whois search aggregator where domain owners can claim their ownership of their domains in a GDPR-compliant way and make themselves reachable. Escrow is also possible.

Also, you are still free to use our Epik SSL landers and invite inquiries.

As for the overall relationship with NIXI, in a word:

upload_2019-12-31_7-33-0.png

Regards,
Rob

•••
Dear @Embrand,

First of all, Happy New Year -- you are ahead of me here in the Americas.

As for .IN domains, since we became fully accredited for .IN we are no longer able to feature domains for the .IN strings in affiliated marketplaces. It is grounds for losing the accreditation. I realize it seems really weird. I would say I don't get it, but it is their rule and they are strictly enforcing that rule.

Where I do expect us to make a move in January 2020 is to release the long-awaited WHOQ.com whois search aggregator where domain owners can claim their ownership of their domains in a GDPR-compliant way and make themselves reachable. Escrow is also possible.

Also, you are still free to use our Epik SSL landers and invite inquiries.

As for the overall relationship with NIXI, in a word:

Show attachment 140365

Regards,
Rob

Thanks for the reply, Rob. Yes, it seems the .in registry is not too happy about reselling. NameSilo and Dynadot do not allow to list them either.

Happy New Year to you as well!

•••
An easy question maybe... Is a separate login required to use anonymize.com, or epik login/pass is good for anonymize.com?

•••
An easy question maybe... Is a separate login required to use anonymize.com, or epik login/pass is good for anonymize.com?

Tony,

If the domains are on Epik, then your privacy is automatically managed through Epik and you never have to touch Anonymize.com.

If you are using external domains, not at Epik, then yes, create an account at Anonymize.

As the moment, those logins are separate, there is a Single Sign on product coming online in Q1 that will harmonize that securely.

The easy solution is to just have domains on Epik but if you have non-Epik domains, then yes, there is an extra step of creating an account at Anonymize.com which will be your proxy address.

•••
Epik needs to group together whois verification emails, a real pain as they come randomly all hours, send a bulk list in a single email for each whois contact like everyone else does. Very simple command on the backend.

•••
Epik needs to group together whois verification emails, a real pain as they come randomly all hours, send a bulk list in a single email for each whois contact like everyone else does. Very simple command on the backend.

Yup, I promise it is coming soon. We heard that feedback loud and clear. The engineers were maxed out on deliverables in December but will come back January 7 with this on the near-term tasklist.

In the meantime, you can certainly route those to a folder with your mail client so you are not bothered with them, or PM me and will give you a solution. We just have to navigate WDRP compliance.

@vitigo

•••
Are whois compliance emails domain-based? Might be easier to change it to "whois profile" verification. One annual verification for each whois profile. Should be easier.... any and all domains with a verified whois profile would be instantly "verified" then. I've seen this scheme somewhere (old Fabulous .com I think). Worked fine.

•••
Happy New Year to everyone on this thread.

I woke up this morning before dawn, highly enthused about the year ahead. Come to find out that the Epik Customer Success team (35 people) were largely online and making things happen.

While most people are sleeping off their hangovers, the Epik team was paving the way for an important move during January ahead of NamesCon.

I summarized it here:

upload_2020-1-1_8-10-47.png

Most days lately I just smile that I have the privilege to lead such a talented group of diverse people to help make the pie bigger for a whole lot of people who don't even know we exist.

Lord-willing, we'll make things happen. My one big ask from this forum is to keep me humble. I believe it is my blind side. If you see me lose humility, you can call me out.

As such, I think this is going to be my verse for 2020:

upload_2020-1-1_8-15-1.png

A lot of people misquote this verse -- it has 2 parts: a warning shot and a smackdown. I will prefer to avoid both. So, thanks in advance for keeping me in check.

•••
Just got my first sale on Epik. Took less than 2hrs, from order to money in my masterbucks, and it's for external domain.

Amazing experience.

•••
My one big ask from this forum is to keep me humble. I believe it is my blind side. If you see me lose humility, you can call me out.

No one can keep an eye on you better than you yourself,

Always ask yourself are you being a Force For Good or not.

IMO

•••
I just checked Epik forsale landers. @Rob Monster - a bug report for you. Or is it a feature - did Epik hire Jedi Master Yoda to translate the texts? ;)
(Bottom language selection menu)

For example, in Spanish it says (Payment plan T&C)

Deberá mantener el Dominio libre y libre de todos los gravámenes y gravámenes.

el Dominio puede inmediatamente puede venderse, reasignarse, transferirse, gravarse

I beleive @DanSanchez is a Spanish speaker. Dan maybe you can correct the agreement, and the whole Spanish lander, at least OWN IN 11 MONTHS part. The whole lander sounds... not natural.

Another language I'm familiar with (Russian) is no better. To begin with, the letter " ё " should not be replaced with " е ". Those are two different letters. I have subsequently read the phrase

другие добрые и ценные соображения, получение и достаточность которых настоящим признаются

and it alone was enough to stop further analysis :(

So it is likely that all 9 translations should be fixed ASAP.

Last edited:
•••

Ops, forgot to include the translation.

English variant (Original): ... other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged

Russian translation by Epik: другие добрые и ценные соображения, получение и достаточность которых настоящим признаются

What it really means in Russian after said translation: ~ other kind and valuable thoughts, receiption and sufficiency of which are recognized hereby

Good and valuable consideration may well be mentioned in a legal document (English original). But, transmission of kind thoughts should unlikely be a part of it (Russian translation).

Last edited:
•••
the letter " ё " should not be replaced with " е ". Those are two different letters.
Nobody uses ё for ages, the more so in any kinds of documentation.

•••
I noticed today one of my domains with just under one month from expiration is locked 😬 what happens if someone wants to transfer out or sells it? Also when buying a domain off your marketplace you institute a 60 day lock which some places do not. That should be stressed more on the site. What if someone sells it somewhere else before the 60 days? These are not “friction free” policies.

Also can you give us the exact number of days after expiration before you snatch it from our account and it goes into a $90 redemption period? It looks to be like about only two weeks post expiration correct?

Last edited:
•••
I just checked Epik forsale landers. @Rob Monster - a bug report for you. Or is it a feature - did Epik hire Jedi Master Yoda to translate the texts? ;)
(Bottom language selection menu)

For example, in Spanish it says (Payment plan T&C)

Deberá mantener el Dominio libre y libre de todos los gravámenes y gravámenes.

el Dominio puede inmediatamente puede venderse, reasignarse, transferirse, gravarse

I believe @DanSanchez is a Spanish speaker. Dan maybe you can correct the agreement, and the whole Spanish lander, at least OWN IN 11 MONTHS part. The whole lander sounds... not natural.

Another language I'm familiar with (Russian) is no better. To begin with, the letter " ё " should not be replaced with " е ". Those are two different letters. I have subsequently read the phrase

другие добрые и ценные соображения, получение и достаточность которых настоящим признаются

So it is likely that all 9 translations should be fixed ASAP.

We'll give that a look. What page was that found on? @vitigo

And, yes, Dan is Spanish fluent. We'll tune that up.

We also have a new multi-language reseller platform under development that is built around an Epik WHMCS plugin. You can follow that progress here:

https://epik.com.ro/

It has many languages:

upload_2020-1-4_7-29-46.png

Not sure about the sort order there but localization is happening.

That project is led by @CreativeMedia.us in Romania working with @Chairul avif in Indonesia.

Thanks for tending the grounds! We appreciate it and will return the favor.

•••
Nobody uses ё for ages, the more so in any kinds of documentation.
Yeah, with some exceptions like все vs всё (exactly Epik landers case). Meaning where the word would become different, so it would be a good style to use it (a matter of personal writers preference in fact). I do agree that official rules neither prohibit its usage nor enforce it though, so I would not post it should it be the only question to Epik's translation...

Last edited:
•••
Most days lately I just smile that I have the privilege to lead such a talented group of diverse people to help make the pie bigger for a whole lot of people who don't even know we exist.

I really like this quote, Rob.

I know (and you know much more than me!) some have criticized having so many Epik-badged people on NamePros and so active, but I disagree. Even more impressive than the many innovations Epik has implemented, are in progress or are being considered, in my opinion, is the way you are a whole team of people, each with their own areas of responsibility and independence to speak, who are not afraid to interact with the domain community here.

I can't quite think of anywhere else, in any field, where users of a service can so readily provide suggestions, get answers from virtually an entire staff, and debate ideas. That is made possible by the strength of NamePros, both technically and as a community.

Individuals representing other companies here on NamePros have done amazing jobs. I hope that at least a few other companies will try following the same model of having many involved, though. I think the domain community could become a model for a new era of corporate interaction.

Anyway, I mainly just wanted to say I like the quote.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
Much respect to Rick Schwartz, he's a visionary and I'd cut off an arm to own some of his domains but personally I'm not a fan of 'Price Upon Request'. I feel like in negotiations, the party that makes the first offer enters the negotiation from a weaker position. Even if they're lowballing, I'd like to see where they're at. Sometimes they might make a higher offer than expected.

don't forgt that this applies for the domain of Mr Schwartz,
those domain maybe better served with "price upon request"

but when you read about anchoring in negotiation
then you may want your domains have a BIN

•••
don't forgt that this applies for the domain of Mr Schwartz,
those domain maybe better served with "price upon request"

but when you read about anchoring in negotiation
then you may want your domains have a BIN

Thanks. Yeah, in a later comment I added that even Rick says that up to 10K, BIN is best. That's what applies to most domainers and domains and I do have BINs for most of my domains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back