Impact
My rejected names
R e c y c l i f y
S q u a d T a s k
F e a t f u l
E x c e s i o r

Any thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Recent rejections

• kaylee.io
  • swangoo.com
  • fashiontage.com
  • virtuative.com
  • flippato.com
  • gramvoo.com
  • nyobd.com
  • dronewhite.com
  • oggeo.com
  • skeyy.com

•••
Recent rejections

• kaylee.io
  • swangoo.com
  • fashiontage.com
  • virtuative.com
  • flippato.com
  • gramvoo.com
  • nyobd.com
  • dronewhite.com
  • oggeo.com
  • skeyy.com

Do not like any of those tbh.

Check out crunchbase, techcrunch and startupranking for name ideas.

•••
F o r t m a t i c (dot) com

•••
Do not like any of those tbh.

Check out crunchbase, techcrunch and startupranking for name ideas.

Thanks. Will check them out

•••
Another good labs name rejected.

It's who you are, not what the name is, is my opinion.

•••
I thought many of these two-word domains would get in. I'd appreciate any thoughts/feedback?

N i f t y S q u a d.com

T h i n k A l l e y.com

F i n a l T u t o r.com

A p p r a i s e D e s k.com

R i g h t H a b i t a t.com

F l u e n t S t a r t.com

L e a n P a n t h e r.com

D e l i v e r C h i m p.com

H e l l o C a r d i o.com

T o n e d P a n d a.com

L i m o D r o p.com

G o u r m e t D e s k.com

P r o p e l D e s k.com

W a r Of B o t s.com

T u t o r G e n i c s.com

D e b u t I t.com

C o m f y H e a r.com

E e r i e S q u a d.com

S a v v y I v y.com (there is SweetIvy.com already in BB, but I thought mine sounded better and more relevant)

•••
@domain07 BB seems to be getting more stringent than ever with which two-word names they'll accept. I think at this point you need really strong keywords that make sense together and sound good.

In the case of your names, I would guess that none of the keywords were good enough to warrant acceptance. Also, a lot of the words don't make much sense together, or are much too narrow in their focus.

I like LeanPanther and FluentStart the best of your names, but that's just personal preference, as they sound good and I can see them being applied to a variety of businesses.

•••
I thought many of these two-word domains would get in. I'd appreciate any thoughts/feedback?

N i f t y S q u a d.com

T h i n k A l l e y.com

F i n a l T u t o r.com

T o n e d P a n d a.com

L i m o D r o p.com

P r o p e l D e s k.com

W a r Of B o t s.com

D e b u t I t.com

C o m f y H e a r.com

E e r i e S q u a d.com

S a v v y I v y.com (there is SweetIvy.com already in BB, but I thought mine sounded better and more relevant)

Those are great names and most make great sense and give a logo idea right away.

BB has different set of standards for accepting names. They prefer not to have that much competition in the category where they can fill it themselves easily. They will take either really great expensive to acquire names or the ones where they are trying to get as much of the type/pattern.

•••
Those are great names and most make great sense and give a logo idea right away.

BB has different set of standards for accepting names. They prefer not to have that much competition in the category where they can fill it themselves easily. They will take either really great expensive to acquire names or the ones where they are trying to get as much of the type/pattern.

"Great" is a stretch. Some are fine, but I don't see any special ones there. Most of the ones that make sense have other variations that would sound better.

The other issue is that these are all hand reg names. I've come to learn it the hard way, but if you're going to be submitting hand reg names, you either have to have an extremely keen (i.e. experienced) eye, or you have to be ready for a lot of rejections. You probably also have to be ready for the name to sit on BB for quite a while. There are exceptions, of course, but I've slowly been learning that the old adage of "you get what you pay for" applies even to BB.

•••

N i f t y S q u a d.com

T h i n k A l l e y.com

F i n a l T u t o r.com

T o n e d P a n d a.com

L i m o D r o p.com

P r o p e l D e s k.com

W a r Of B o t s.com

D e b u t I t.com

C o m f y H e a r.com

E e r i e S q u a d.com

I like your names! good luck with them. :)

•••
Hi Joe, Recons, Ali, thanks for your kind feedback! Joe, you are right, these are all hand-reg but I did spend a lot of time, and also looking at existing BB inventory before coming up these. I guess most of the names in BB are hand-regs. But I guess like Recons said, BB does take a lot of factors into account and it seems especially *hard* to get two-word names accepted.

•••
"Great" is a stretch. Some are fine, but I don't see any special ones there. Most of the ones that make sense have other variations that would sound better.

The other issue is that these are all hand reg names. I've come to learn it the hard way, but if you're going to be submitting hand reg names, you either have to have an extremely keen (i.e. experienced) eye, or you have to be ready for a lot of rejections. You probably also have to be ready for the name to sit on BB for quite a while. There are exceptions, of course, but I've slowly been learning that the old adage of "you get what you pay for" applies even to BB.

Great is not a stretch for few of those... Of course, they are not LLL.com or popular dictionary word dot com, but better than 50% of BB stock.

Right Habitat... Great name for furniture store, Home Design Services, Healthy Living etc.
Appraise Desk - makes sense for Appraisal services.
LeanPanther - healthy food, fitness. Same for HelloCardio.
FinalTutor is a good name too. The last (final) tutor you'll need and will prepare you for finals too )

•••
Another one which I forgot to mention that was rejected was T r a d e S a u c e.com, but they have TradeCaptain.com published, which again IMO thought mine sounded better and more relevant.

•••
i just love lean panther...its been in my head all day. lol

•••
Hi Joe, Recons, Ali, thanks for your kind feedback! Joe, you are right, these are all hand-reg but I did spend a lot of time, and also looking at existing BB inventory before coming up these. I guess most of the names in BB are hand-regs. But I guess like Recons said, BB does take a lot of factors into account and it seems especially *hard* to get two-word names accepted.

Yeah, I can tell you honed in a few a words that are popular at BB (Squad, Panda, Desk). I think the issue is that the words you've paired them with are not strong enough or versatile enough.

Hand-regging really is tough... I've spent a considerable amount of time on it myself, but my acceptance rate is still a dismal 18%. I think unless you have a real keen sense of what BB wants, hand-regging gives you pretty low odds of success.

Great is not a stretch for few of those... Of course, they are not LLL.com or popular dictionary word dot com, but better than 50% of BB stock.

Right Habitat... Great name for furniture store, Home Design Services, Healthy Living etc.
Appraise Desk - makes sense for Appraisal services.
LeanPanther - healthy food, fitness. Same for HelloCardio.
FinalTutor is a good name too. The last (final) tutor you'll need and will prepare you for finals too )

I see what you're saying, but I look at these and I can think of half a dozen similar names that would be as good or even better.

RightHabitat - How about GoodHabitat, NiceHabitat, WarmHabitat, BestHabitat, . Do furniture stores even brand themselves with that word? If not, who does? Is putting "right" next to it enough to make it stand out as a brand? Not to mention... BB has zero names with the word Habitat.

AppraiseDesk - Again, appraise is not strong enough for a two-word name. Zero other names on BB.

LeanPanther - I actually do like this one. Sounds nice for an athletic brand. BB doesn't seem to like Panther, though.

HelloCardio - How about HeyCardio, GoCardio, YesCardio... Hello seems weaker. And how many fitness brands limit themselves to just cardio?

FinalTutor - I see where you're going, but it just doesn't make much sense. I've never heard anyone talk about the "final tutor" they'll need. TopTutor, TutorBuddy, TutorMe, iTutor... I feel like those are all a lot stronger. And BB has zero two word names with "tutor".

The two word names do really need strrrrrooooong keywords. We're talking Tech, Cloud, Shop, etc. And the pairing words need to make sense and sound good. If you're going to keep hand-regging names, @domain07 try to keep that in mind and be even 10 times pickier. That may mean not even regging anything for a few days.

Last edited:
•••
Another one which I forgot to mention that was rejected was T r a d e S a u c e.com, but they have TradeCaptain.com published, which again IMO thought mine sounded better and more relevant.

A Captain is a leader. Authoritative. Commanding. The Trade Captain is at the top of the trading hierarchy. Stock traders, bartering sites, and the like would all do well to identify with that kind of image.

Sauce is sloppy, sticky, and tastes nice on my chicken, but what does it have to do with trading?

Not trying to be too harsh, because I see the appeal of your name in that it sounds cool and kind of catchy. But often BB is looking for more. Cool and catchy names are a dime a dozen. Names that portray a brand in a powerful and positive light are harder to come by.

•••

Rejection from BB does not mean the names are not good. You have a good eye for good names. They are very picky, trust me I know. I have had names like Rebel/Fox and Quote/Basket rejected, yet when you see what is already on there...well you get the point.

Good luck.

•••
Joe, thanks for the great feedback. I do agree with your assessment on the individual domain names, but never claimed that these were really *great,* just that they seemed mostly similar to the ones that are available at BB, give or take, and at least a few of these should have gotten in. All my submissions are hand-regs and I've an acceptance rate of 27% of mostly single-word invented ones. Nevertheless, will be more prudent/pickier before submitting two-word domain names at BB.

•••
A Captain is a leader. Authoritative. Commanding. The Trade Captain is at the top of the trading hierarchy. Stock traders, bartering sites, and the like would all do well to identify with that kind of image.

Sauce is sloppy, sticky, and tastes nice on my chicken, but what does it have to do with trading?

Not trying to be too harsh, because I see the appeal of your name in that it sounds cool and kind of catchy. But often BB is looking for more. Cool and catchy names are a dime a dozen. Names that portray a brand in a powerful and positive light are harder to come by.

Think more along the lines of Sauce = secret ingredient, final product, method etc.

•••
Joe, thanks for the great feedback. I do agree with your assessment on the individual domain names, but never claimed that these were really *great,* just that they seemed mostly similar to the ones that are available at BB, give or take, and at least a few of these should have gotten in. All my submissions are hand-regs and I've an acceptance rate of 27% of mostly single-word invented ones. Nevertheless, will be more prudent/pickier before submitting two-word domain names at BB.

Yes, the opinons on the "greatness" was more for @Recons.Com :)

27% is pretty solid. I've had better luck with the invented words as well, but unfortunately I'm a sucker for those two-word names.

•••
Think more along the lines of Sauce = secret ingredient, final product, method etc.

I see where you're going. But the only place in English that "sauce" is used conceptually is in "secret sauce". When you find a great store, do you tell friends about your shopping sauce? Do you get props for your domaining sauce?

Last edited:
•••
I see where you're going. But the only place in English that "sauce" is used conceptually is in "secret sauce". When you find a great store, do you tell friends about your shopping sauce? Do you get props for your domaining sauce?

I know what you mean, but think of a name like CrowdSauce. To me that would say 'this is really going to get the crowds gathering' - kind of like a method to guarantee growth, interest, awareness etc.

On that note though, BB already has names like stack/sauce and shock/sauce. All I know is (here I go with my conspiracy theory again :)) if they were my names they would have been rejected. :O

•••
Some great advice in the last few posts, many thanks guys, it helps us all, not just those you are directly talking to!
Nevertheless, will be more prudent/pickier before submitting two-word domain names at BB.
If BB doesn't accept the name you are about to buy, what will you do with it? Is there an end user you could contact? Would it be worth your time building a landing page (perhaps Efty)? Would you sell it cheap here? Would you drop it?

If you don't know the answer or your answer is you would drop it, don't register the name. If you have a backup plan, then it doesn't matter if BB accepts it or not.

Good luck!

Last edited:
•••
I know what you mean, but think of a name like CrowdSauce. To me that would say 'this is really going to get the crowds gathering' - kind of like a method to guarantee growth, interest, awareness etc.

On that note though, BB already has names like stack/sauce and shock/sauce. All I know is (here I go with my conspiracy theory again :)) if they were my names they would have been rejected. :O

Lol. Yeah, I'm not beyond believing that noteworthy BB sellers get more lee-way. And there are absolutely a ton of names on there that I wouldn't look at twice. All I know is that focusing on top quality and meaning is the best way to increase your odds.

Also... those two sauce names you mentioned use catchy alliteration. :)

•••
Yes, I guess I was looking at them mostly in terms of how the two words sound together (which I guess also is important), but didn't pay as much attention to the strong keywords concept. In future will take this into account in my brandable domain name searches and see if I have a better acceptance for two-word domains :).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back