IT.COM

discuss Discuss and Showcase Drone Domain Names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have recently read that the drone industry is trying to change the word "drone" to something different.

The word "drone" has a very bad rep. for obvious reasons.

What do you think will happen with the word "drone" and drone domain names?

Feel free to showcase your drone domain names on this thread.

:tu:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Attachments

• Drone Rank.jpg
    Drone Rank.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
•••
I have a few and a website relating to drones. uavbase.com
BlackKnightDrone.com
DroneParks.net
Razor-Drone.com

On another domain category, I .. Just sold flarekit.com 305.00 US

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
My .com drone and UAV names:
CCTVUAVs
Droneaerotec
droneavionics
dronerss
dronesrss
drone2020
drones2020
droneservos
droneelectrics
droneflips
dronegalactic

Some of my law related drone names:
dronelicence
droneesq
dronejurist
dronedroit
droneavocat
uavcounsel
uavjurist

•••
•••
•••
This Thanksgiving drone video reminded me to be Give Thanks for my harvest of tasty drone domains! :-D

•••
•••
All in King:

DiabloDrones
BadDrones
DronesHut
DroneHaulage
HaulageDrones
OasisDrones
DroneFlyingSchools
DronesForHomes

•••
I received a mid $xxx offer on DronesTube.com and while it is a great ROI since it was a handreg a couple of months ago I somehow feel it's more premium than that. Should I keep it and maybe consider developing it (least likely) or wait (most likely) for a better offer, what do you think?

•••
I received a mid $xxx offer on DronesTube.com and while it is a great ROI since it was a handreg a couple of months ago I somehow feel it's more premium than that. Should I keep it and maybe consider developing it (least likely) or wait (most likely) for a better offer, what do you think?

Congrats! In the end, always do what you feel is best for you.

That aside, if it was Drone Tube I'd say hold out for more. Being drones tube it seems a good offer, but that's just me. Counter close or just accept, and enjoy the sale, IMO. gl

•••
Huge News: DRONE RACING TO BECOME OLYMPIC SPORT IN 2017!

The International Olympic Committee just set-up a Working Group to develop the rules for Drone Sports. "This will include the rules for the first World Championships to be held in 2017".

•••
•••
•••
•••
Nice find. Something tells me the number of UFO sightings are gonna be going up :greyalien:

Might also help in terms of night time search and rescue, or supply drops, in difficult areas. Many uses and possibilities.

•••
Apple May Use Drones to Improve Map Data
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/apple-may-drones-improve-map-201912880.html

In the battle between map apps for mobile devices, Google generally takes the win—but Apple is fighting back with drones as its secret weapon, according to a Bloomberg report.

Apple was granted approval by the Federal Aviation Administration last year to operate drones for the purpose of gathering data, photography, and video. The purpose of the license likely would be to provide more frequent updates to its Apple Maps and improve data accuracy, which is needed if the Cupertino-based company wants to surpass Google.

The native navigation application launched in 2012, and was criticized by users for inaccurate data points and giving poor driving directions. The company has made significant improvements since then, however, and the system is now used more frequently than Google Maps and Waze. However, its competitors are still considered to be more accurate than Apple Maps, especially when it comes to arrival times and public transportation options.

A bird's-eye vantage point gained from drones could help the company better map remote area for less money and time than using vehicles, which is Google's current method. However, per FAA regulations, Apple would be restricted to operating drones during daylight hours and from flying them over buildings or people.

The electronics company recently hired an executive who worked on the drone delivery division of Amazon Prime Air, and it also acquired indoor mapping company Indoor.io for more detailed navigation of buildings such as airports and museums.

But Apple isn't the only big name attempting to up its navigation gameBMW is also working on "micro-navigation" to provide seamless door-to-door directions, and shares a $3 billion stake with Audi and Mercedes-Benz in rival Here maps, which crowd-sources data.

Why is navigation such a big business? It goes way beyond being a platform for advertisers to sell you sandwiches and services. Maps are a crucial component for bringing autonomous driving features to market, and more accurate driving directions means less traffic and fewer greenhouse gas emissions. And for the consumer, gains are registered in time saved—which is priceless.

I have in .COM,

Drone Map
Drone Mappers
Drone Mapping
Mapping Drone

:xf.grin:

•••
Apple May Use Drones to Improve Map Data
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/apple-may-drones-improve-map-201912880.html

In the battle between map apps for mobile devices, Google generally takes the win—but Apple is fighting back with drones as its secret weapon, according to a Bloomberg report.

Apple was granted approval by the Federal Aviation Administration last year to operate drones for the purpose of gathering data, photography, and video. The purpose of the license likely would be to provide more frequent updates to its Apple Maps and improve data accuracy, which is needed if the Cupertino-based company wants to surpass Google.

The native navigation application launched in 2012, and was criticized by users for inaccurate data points and giving poor driving directions. The company has made significant improvements since then, however, and the system is now used more frequently than Google Maps and Waze. However, its competitors are still considered to be more accurate than Apple Maps, especially when it comes to arrival times and public transportation options.

A bird's-eye vantage point gained from drones could help the company better map remote area for less money and time than using vehicles, which is Google's current method. However, per FAA regulations, Apple would be restricted to operating drones during daylight hours and from flying them over buildings or people.

The electronics company recently hired an executive who worked on the drone delivery division of Amazon Prime Air, and it also acquired indoor mapping company Indoor.io for more detailed navigation of buildings such as airports and museums.

But Apple isn't the only big name attempting to up its navigation gameBMW is also working on "micro-navigation" to provide seamless door-to-door directions, and shares a $3 billion stake with Audi and Mercedes-Benz in rival Here maps, which crowd-sources data.

Why is navigation such a big business? It goes way beyond being a platform for advertisers to sell you sandwiches and services. Maps are a crucial component for bringing autonomous driving features to market, and more accurate driving directions means less traffic and fewer greenhouse gas emissions. And for the consumer, gains are registered in time saved—which is priceless.

I have in .COM,

Drone Map
Drone Mappers
Drone Mapping
Mapping Drone

:xf.grin:

Awesome names. I love drone mapping.

•••
I received this week an inquiry from an American multinational IT company for one of my drone names (D.R.O.N.E.D.I.S.C.O.V.E.R dot com). Will let you know if it ends in a sale.

•••
•••
Beyond Amazon, the drone delivery market has huge potential that Google now plans on tapping.

"Alphabet's Wing Marketplace offer this on a much larger scale. Once the idea is placed on a marketplace model, drones will be available for any company that wants to use this service."

https://www.thestreet.com/story/13919019/1/why-alphabet-s-drone-delivery-marketplace-may-transform-ecommerce.html

Watching Drones take-off just keeps getting better... and its happening Now, right before our eyes.

•••
Beyond Amazon, the drone delivery market has huge potential that Google now plans on tapping.

"Alphabet's Wing Marketplace offer this on a much larger scale. Once the idea is placed on a marketplace model, drones will be available for any company that wants to use this service."

https://www.thestreet.com/story/13919019/1/why-alphabet-s-drone-delivery-marketplace-may-transform-ecommerce.html

Watching Drones take-off just keeps getting better... and its happening Now, right before our eyes.

This is great news as it opens up the possibility of drone delivery to even the smallest of companies.

Exciting times :xf.smile:

•••
Drone domains remain hot!...I have sold two within the last few months...One New'G and a .COM.....I am very surprised this thread is so quiet.

•••
Many are not posting their sales anymore, but there is still enough action going on, just behind the curtains..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back