IT.COM

discuss Discuss and Showcase Drone Domain Names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have recently read that the drone industry is trying to change the word "drone" to something different.

The word "drone" has a very bad rep. for obvious reasons.

What do you think will happen with the word "drone" and drone domain names?

Feel free to showcase your drone domain names on this thread.

:tu:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just Finished the sale of

.com PaperDrone

A great High $X,xxx

The enduser has created a disposable drone - using paper composites

Check out there main site

.net PaperDrone

For you drone investors I have .com MegaDrone $9,xxx + Pilotless $xx,xxx in Escrow as I post

Came to the drone party late - but cleaned up nicely :)

FX

•••
Got my first Drone sale in escrow - Sold via my newsletter which is Live again

$5,000 - split fees with buyer

keyword + Drone.com

I'll release the name once they pay :) Sale will be posted on DNJournal

Cheers

•••
Just sold

DroneBase.com

$9,000

•••
Finally got one sold in this niche as I stir back to life :)

Copter + Keyword on sedo waiting on payment.

Not a huge one $399

•••
Gone to escrow on

DroneData

<<dotcom>>

$17k

Will let u know if completes and if its real.....

Cheers

Stu

P.S......On holiday at present.....bad timing.... :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Not sure if the offer is real, been offered $26,000 for DroneCenter <<<dot com>>>

Will await the payment response before I say any more........happy days anyway!

•••
Sold a dronekeyword.com for $2,000

•••
Any recent sales lately people?

Closed another one today

Pending push on Escrow - enduser has created a new startup.

High $X,XXX

Once I push the domain name will be revealed

anyone need help selling there drone name drop me a pm

Your domain must be premium to make the list with a educated price.

And I'll add to my newsletter for Friday's release.

FX

•••
.com MegaDrone

Sold

Pending push to sedo

$xxxx

FX

PS: I've been away - apologies for the late PM's to those that have msged me.

•••
Just sold Drone Shack on Godaddy for $1895

It was a buy now that I set up last year and forgot how much I was asking.
I had to go to Godaddy to find out how much I sold it for...lol
As usual I think I sold it to low ;)

•••
Sure does. Regs are going quick for good/moderate names (already missed the boat for the obvious ones that will sell by a year or two) and now we're entering the lotto phase for them (a brandable, two random words you just picked because they go together, etc.) that will sell and quite possible for astonishing amounts at that.

Any recent sales from anyone (even in XXX range)? I'm sitting tight on mine for now and just put them as $11 O/C-O. Nothing is coming through as bait, so I suppose for the most part, domainer's are the consumers at this point and going after smaller fish than to haggle with another domainer. I'm going to be setting them at fixed prices in a week or two to just sit-and-forget about this niche and wait for someone to come as I've been busy the past couple of weeks to look for end users.

Going through the thread, I see some remarkable sales for short term hand reg's, so I will probably keep mine for a minimum of 2 years before I decide on the 2nd if they're worth keeping (as Verisign prices are surely going up for .com's, gotta keep overhead low by ditching the pigeon wank).

G'Luck everyone (looks like @mrcurly @FX and @masbro don't need it)!
I recently sold dronation (dot) com for $1,500.00 - it's a waiting game.

•••
Did you sell at that price? Went to look on Sedo and it is no longer listed for sale there - you said you had an offer on Sedo?

the domain has been sold through a different platform. No price is being disclosed.... wishes of the buyer :)

•••
•••
Rather than going through every post in this thread and attempting to clean things up, I'm simply going to ask that everyone please try to conduct themselves civilly and refrain from all the name calling, derogatory remarks, and abundant usage of colorful metaphors. Heated debate is fine, however please keep in mind that we do have minors in the domain industry that frequent these threads for learning purposes. Please continue on-topic, no need to go off-topic with my post.

Thanks for understanding and I hope you all have a great Holiday season.

•••
Whilst I appreciate some of the nice things that has been said while I have been gone, I don't understand for 1 minute why people need to have a pop at me for selling my drone domains and especially having a go at them whilst they are in auction...

I do believe in everything I have said about how big drones and domains will be, but since I work in a factory doing the worst job in history , getting money behind me is more important than sitting on my 3 best domains ( DroneCenter / DroneCo / Droning ) for another year or two, as this will help me pay my mortgage so I can quit my job from hell and start the new year happy, which I may add I have not done for the last 6 years!!

I sold DroneReviews.com to pay for an engagement ring for my girlfriend who means the world to me so I am sorry if I have upset anyone in doing so........I started domaining 5 years ago to pay of a lot of debt which I achieved this year so I thought I would give domaining a rest for a while since my job was done ( paying off debt ) and concentrate on my family life so may I ask in future when you want to take a pop at me do it behind close doors, as reading all the negative stuff that people have written saddens me to the core, just please remember that everyone is doing domaining for different circumstances and my circumstance is to be happy, not to sit and wait for something to happen!

Cheers

Stu

P.S. personally I would never buy a domain spelt "centre"

Last edited:
•••
Regarding PilotLess contact via DNS template.

They offered $5k - told them I wasn't interested as Pilotless is a stunner of a drone domain.

Countered high after finding info on them @ $25,xxx

Few days later they countered lower / I accepted.

Simples :)

I'll have BuildDrone sold pretty soon too :)

It's all good.

•••
Want to say a massive thanks to @FX as I submitted a few names to his newsletter and just sold one of my keyword + drone domain for high xxxx all completed! What a legend!!!

•••
Finally got Droning.com in my account :)

BuyDomains added 9 years registration for free as a nice touch.

Just bought another drone domain through afternic, going through their escrow process as we speak, will post when it's in my account.

Cheers

Stu

P.S This is my last buy, have about 40 domains in this area and that's enough for me.

•••
You see this all the time : EX in showcase threads ... One person starts selling and then everyone starts questioning the niche.

So nxt year

it'll be the VR year then follows ..Modular ... Holo... It'll keep going ...
don't forget beacons and Fog and IOT...

Just do what's best for your own pocket! ..your either in or out in these niches.

FX

•••
Regarding flippa and domain sales.
Its not the greatest place to just list and sell a domain to end users unless you have a premium domain or you do 2 things.

1. Pay for a Premium Listing (this still doesn't guarantee success but you have a better chance)
2. Email hundreds of potential end users about your auction.

If you don't have a truly premium domain (one keyword.com) or a large fallowing like Federer does chances are your auction wont be seen by many end users (mostly domainers) unless you do those 2 things.

Don't just list your domain and sit back thinking the offers will just roll in, odds are they wont.

Get all of your email contacts lined up and ready to go.
Start your premium auction (minimum 21 days) then add the auction link to your emails and send them off.
Also redirect your domains nameservers to your auction.

Keep in mind if your domain is crap (and most are) then none of this will do you any good.
All of this still doesn't guarantee success if the right people don't see your auction.

Also I don't think its always a good idea to list a Buy Now until the last few days of the auction (if ever)
If its a great domain, let them run it up! don't put a cap on it.

Auctions take time and hard work and not always a success.
I have had domains on flippa that I could not get a decent offer for only to sell them later on for $5k each (several times)

Good luck :)

Last edited:
•••
| HDRONE | .COM | SEDO | $2000 |

FX

•••
The truth and history hurt. Just keep thinking of all the cash you'll have if you just wait a few years for drones to boom! It's always just a few years away and the entire world will figure out what you already knew :rolleyes:
Keith give it a F'ing rest already.

First you contact a lot of us trying to buy our drone domains cheap like Lynn and I, then you bad mouth the drone industry to try and get people to sell their drone domains to you cheap.

Right after I quoted you my retail price you emailed me back just to tell me how risky this business is, typical ploy of a basher. If it's so f'ing risky then why in the hell do you want to buy any drone domain?

Because of that you don't have any credibility around here anymore, so stop talking out of both sides of your mouth. You are just like any other basher I have known.

Also, no shit most drone domains wont sell, most domains period wont ever sell.
You bashers need to get a new scare tactic, that one just doesn't work anymore.

Just remove the word stock in this quote and insert the word Domain, its all the same.
DEFINITION of 'Stock Basher'
An individual, either acting alone or on behalf of someone else, who attempts to devalue a stock by spreading false or exaggerated claims against a public company. After the stock's price has dropped, the basher, or the basher's employer, will then purchase the stock at a lower price than what he or she believes it is intrinsically worth.
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/stockbasher.asp

Last edited:
•••
•••
I received a $5k offer last night on Drone+Keyword
I countered, will see if they respond.
I wont let it go that low.

DroneKeword_zpsjwf0dz6b.jpg

;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back