Domain Empire

new gtlds Disaster: 1st Day New gTLD Totals: .Money 327; .Legal 297; .Coach 123; .Memorial 23

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
4 new gTLD’s went into their first day of general availability yesterday and between the 4 they have just over 750 domain name registrations.
Including domain name registered by trademark holders in Sunrise and those that paid an extra fee to register a domain in the Early Access Program here are the number of registered domains after the first day of general availability
Just last week we noted that the worst ever performance by a new gTLD when whoswho.com only managed 21 registrations but that “record” by already beating .memorial yesterday which got only 23 domain registrations.
Rightside already owns the much better extension .RIP which only has 635 registrations, so the whole death vertical has less than 700 domain registrations.
Full Article: http://www.thedomains.com/2015/03/1...ls-money-327-legal-297-coach-123-memorial-23/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Looks like speculators are spread pretty thin these days. I'm surprised it took this long. That's good. Registries which that have come late to the party will be wearing these worthless extensions around their necks into the foreseeable future. This tells me speculators have enough collective power to drive an extension into oblivion, much to the chagrin of the registries which consider you and I ignorant suckers. Well, the ignorant suckers have just about had their fill of dot-domainglut.

.MEMORIAL, how foolish.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back