Dynadot

Direct visits lead to spectacular domain prices in China

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
China has stunned the world in recent years. It’s the place where you can expect spectacular prices of domains sold, such as Le.com for $10m, JD.com for $5m, and Vivo.com for $2.1m. Why? One reason may come from consumer behavior: people in China like to directly visit a website for online shopping.

Search engine Baidu publishes visitor data of more than 1.5 million websites it monitors every month. I have aggregated the data to give you a yearly view of the visit patterns.

direct_v.png

Look for yourself the impact and value of domain name in China

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I saw this reported yesterday .. would be more effective to have and compare with the same data from other regions. Anybody have those numbers to share? :)

•••
It's interesting to see that direct navigatin is on the increase. I thought that omniboxes were causing it to decline. Hopefully the increase is because surfers are tired of getting rubbish search results. If direct navigation does start to really pick up, then my policy of getting two or three word descriptive names could start to pay off. :)

•••
It's interesting, because on the one hand the Chinese are extremely frugal, donate NOTHING to charity and really know how to hold on to a dollar. In one respect, I guess can't blame them in that they (the ones living in China, not expatriates) were mostly dirt poor as recently as thirty years ago.

But on the other hand they throw a lot of money around on speculative goods and newly extant investments, hoping they will appreciate, which is a new money practice.

•••
What about connection through apps, it's direct or not?

•••
I saw this reported yesterday .. would be more effective to have and compare with the same data from other regions. Anybody have those numbers to share? :)

Wondering the same, if someone could share similar data for other countries.
However, I believe it would be far less as compared to this.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back