Dynadot

.tv Old 2007 Article on GoDaddy and DOT TV

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Funny how GoDaddy changed its tune lately.......

Copyright Business Wire 2007

Go Daddy Experiences Increase in Registration of .TV Names

The Go Daddy Group, Scottsdale

Debbie Freeman, 480-505-8800 ext. 4451

[email protected]

Logo: http://www.godaddy.com

You can watch just about any program you want, any time you want... That's why more than 100 million people are starting to watch their TV online, and it's why GoDaddy.com is seeing an increase in the registration of domain names ending in .TV.

"People associate 'TV' with their entertainment experience from television," said Warren Adelman, President and Chief Operating Officer of Go Daddy, the world's leading domain name registrar. "That's why .TV names are especially good for video and multimedia sites. 'TV' is one of the most recognized two-letter symbols in the world, so it's memorable and marketable."

About 5.3 billion video streams will be delivered to Internet users in the United States each month in 2007. A new report from the Pew Internet and American Life Project says almost one in every five adults online watch or download video on a typical day. More than half of online video viewers share links to the video they find with others. These activities helped contribute to the fact that so far this year, Go Daddy has already seen a 65 percent increase in .TV registrations over 2006.

Television stations and media companies are registering names that end in .TV because it's logical and easy for viewers to find the sites. However, .TV names are also becoming more popular with others. Individuals who already have a .COM Web site can have a separate site where they store their favorite videos. Then, they can direct friends to the site to watch the best of the bunch. More and more small business owners are also realizing the power of .TV names. They can use a .TV site to show product demonstration videos and taped customer testimonials.

For those who create their own blogs and podcasts, a .TV Web site is an obvious choice. One of the most watched .TV venues, GeekBrief.TV, is sponsored by and registered through Go Daddy. The site features host Cali Lewis delivering technology news and has millions of downloads every month. Popular podcasts like this make money from the growing business of Internet TV ad revenue, expected to hit $10 billion worldwide by 2011.

People can create content for their own .TV sites with Go Daddy's new Quick Blogcast tool, which allows them to combine blogs with video and audio recordings. For example, users can post video of a family trip next to stories about what happened on the trip. A series of these entries can turn a .TV site into a video diary or an online family album.

Anyone can register a .TV domain name in just seconds by going to GoDaddy.com. At the top of the page, users type in the desired name where it says, "Start a domain search." The search will show whether the name is available or if a similar name can be registered.

About The Go Daddy Group, Inc.

Go Daddy is a leading provider of services that enable individuals and businesses to establish, maintain and evolve an online presence. Go Daddy provides a variety of domain name registration and Web site hosting services, as well as a broad array of on-demand and other services. The Go Daddy Group, Inc. has more than 23 million domain names under management. Go Daddy registers, renews or transfers a domain name every 1.3 seconds. GoDaddy.com is the world's No. 1 domain name registrar according to Name Intelligence, Inc. GoDaddy.com is also rated the world's largest hostname provider according to Netcraft Ltd. During 2006, The Go Daddy Group registered approximately one-third of all domain names registered in the top six generic top-level domains, or gTLDs, including .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info.

- The Go Daddy Group -

Copyright (c) 2007 GoDaddy.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Now thats a mind wrecker...

•••
Interesting article. Just shows how wrong GoDaddy can be.

Fancy thinking .Tv meant television!!

Anyway, even though they were once really wrong, I still have faith - and am presently offloading all my TV's (cos Tuvalu's sinking, man) and buying .ME

Because .ME is all about, well, me! And Montenegro isn't a real country! Is it?

Yeah, I'm following Bob's ways and I'm learning all about ME Me Me ME me me ME.

TV is dumb - everyone knows it means transvestite more than television!

For those with NO sense of humour. Yes, I am making fun of the flip-flopping of GoDaddy based purely on their little spat with verisign.

•••
its all over for .tv now, sell now, SELL SELL SELL lol

•••
Yeah know what by golly,
I think you guyz are right, Ive been dupped all this time...
In reality its all about me " benzdorf" .. I; as a memeber of the the me generation now see the lite...after all when some needs an opinion who do they come to "me " and " me " and " me " and lets not forget with the collopse of the former Yougoslave republic which then created a bunch of LiL countrys.. We or should I say " Me " now can express our ego driven self with black mountain's very own ext and basterdize it to be meaningfull in reagrdz to " me "..

black moutain is english for montenegro ..

Im sorry ive been drunk reggen again..

I dont recommend drunk reggen..

you end up with lotz of mizz spellingz and stuff that after you wake up the next day you go ' huH '.. what da..

•••
we need a static page with GoDaddy's articles about .tv then and now

•••
It was pointed out to me in another thread that Tuvalu makes a few pennys on every dotTV sale, hummm.. now if this is the case does that make Bob an anti global warming guy ? I mean he sayz the island is gonna sink so why dont he gup up and be a human and help save the sinking place. Not that Im Mr. Peace Hippy Guy, but if these guyz would use there noggenz a LiL bit they could have a world wide marketing coup on there handz..

"Save an Island buy dotTV ..."

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back